Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

*Ice-T SVU voice* New internet prank, kids try to convince someone Dawn was on Buffy the whole time. They call it Trachtenberging. Looks like this one went too far.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Had a dream there was a Donkey Kong show in the works called KONG and you could win a role on it from a special pack of capri sun. I havent had capri sun in years so I said what the hell, bought it, and ended up winning. Fast forward to LA, they give me the details: Donkey Kong will be voiced by Steven Wright and it will be a dark and serious noir show where he has to solve crimes in the real world. I assumed I would get to voice a side character, but they said they were short staffed and the job I won was in storyboarding. I dont know how to draw very well so I just scribbled things down as they were described to me. We send the storyboards to the animators and wait. Weeks later we were at the release party and everyone was nervously awaiting the premiere on the big screen. It turns out my drawings were so bad the animators thought it was a show about Peppa Pig. They never asked for clarification so they went ahead and animated the entire show like that. As soon as I realized this I snuck out the side door and got into a cab.

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

dangerburrd posted:

I dreamt I got a ps5 and the new spider man but they’d implemented a system where Miles could (and quite often did) break his legs. In the dream I’d read an article about games implementing this to pad out length by lowering walk speed. I started swinging on webs and immediately smashed into a building and collapsed, whereupon Peter Parker came around the corner and took us to a long tutorial section and there was this long tutorial section on playing with broken legs. When your legs were broken you could only crawl unless you had a wheelchair, and jumping sections would always have a ramp or vents to crawl through if you came upon them with your legs broken. He was explaining how I’d have to hold down L1 while web swinging to cling onto my wheelchair as I swung around, lest I drop it and have to go back to slowly crawling everywhere. I start swinging around and am immediately attacked by some criminals who shoot a rocket into my wheelchair, destroying it even though I was holding the button. Peter was like “Yowza! Looks like you have to crawl until you find another wheelchair. This might take a while...you don’t mind, do you?”

I turned off the game and started texting my brother about it when I woke up

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

remembering the time i was talking about dreams to one of my college roommates and i brought up how it's weird that we don't really know why need to sleep and he looked at me like i was the world's biggest idiot and said "what do you mean? it's because we get tired."

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

He’s got you there.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

FutonForensic posted:

Dreamed that I sneaked into Nintendo of America HQ. I tried "hacking" into a computer by just logging in with my real name and email. For some reason, I was surprised this failed, and asked an employee to call IT and ask them why my name wasn't in the system. She agreed and left to make the call, and I, realizing I just blew my cover, ran home. I turned on the news which said, "Someone infiltrated Nintendo HQ, and police have the suspect's name because he tried using it to log in to a computer." This made me very anxious, so I checked the forums to calm down, but everyone was posting about how stupid this guy was for using his real name to log in, and were slowly making the connection to my username on the forums. A livestream was posted of hundreds of police officers surrounding my house.

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

mycophobia posted:

I had a dream where me and a dream-exclusive family of mine were living in some post-apocolyptic big city that was taken over by a giant tentacle monster that would devour people whole but leave behind their "essence" in the form of a jar of blue goo which could be used to restore the person somehow. The monster was blind, though, so if you were really quiet and sneaky you wouldn't get caught by it and could escape. So after making it back to an old apartment I rented irl years ago, I decided for some reason to sneak over to a Quiznos to order a couple of subs, but in the middle of me giving my order the stage 4 boss from the shmup Truxton II would drift into my field of vision and shoot and kill me, and I would have to start the order over. This happened three or four times and the guy at the counter was getting visibly pissed off so I just left

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I had a dream that it was the final semester of my senior year of college and midway through the semester I had remembered a class I signed up for but had never been to: Dark Souls Lore with Professor Nguyen. Luckily I made it to class in time.for a field trip to the Pale Rotting Lord Museum, which was a large empty room with series of small television screens covering each wall. While I was standing around reading the screens, the professor came up and told me to "go to.the pool room" to make up for missing class. The pool room was a large industrial shower facility with a single kiddy pool filled with ice. I waited for awhile but the professor never showed up.and the dream continued.

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Only kind of indirectly gaming-related but I had a dream last night that elfbot DMed me on Twitter because he won a bunch of snacks in a sweepstakes run by a fan account for Marianne von Edmund from Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and he wanted to send me some of the winnings because he knew that Marianne was my favorite character in the game. I had thought that they would be like Japanese snacks that are hard to find in the US, since fire emblem is a Japanese game I guess, and that maybe they’d be somehow Marianne-branded, but elfbot sent a picture of his winnings and it was just like those quarter cans of BBQ flavored Pringle’s and 20 oz bottles of Coke Zero and stuff.

The rest of the dream was a social awkwardness nightmare where I tried to type up a reply that both properly expressed my gratitude and appreciation for the offer but also firmly denied that i wanted him to spend the money for a cross-country shipment of a bunch of stuff that I could buy at any gas station for $1

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

this box came to me in the mail yesterday, i did not order it

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

You dreamt that BBG was your wife dude.

Lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic posted:

part of a longer non-game dream i had last night involved me reading a thread here about some new hyped detective/mystery game that just came out, and the most-talked about feature was how in-depth the pencil mechanic was for your notes, e.g. different lead sizes could unlock different hints from what you wrote, you could swap for different brands and colors or between wooden and mechanical, etc. rapidly, though, arguments were popping up about which combination was the best or if #2 was better than #3 and so on, culminating in someone posting the following image, which i've tried my best to recreate.

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Martman posted:

dreamed I was playing a pretty bad game, it was kinda reminiscent of Ratchet and Clank but in the GTA engine and everything was clunky and slow and imprecise. There were extremely long cutscenes every time I'd try to play a different level with horrible voice acting that sounded like some guy making stuff up and mumbling, and the story made no sense.

The weird part was, when I tried to skip the cutscenes it would make me play a minigame and input certain button sequences to successfully skip it. If I messed up it would punish me and lock me out of cutscene skipping for like 5 whole minutes while the lovely VA kept mumbling.

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

You should be punished for trying to skip a cutscene the first time you play a game though,

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

Got drunk last night and woke up to find my older self had bought me a bunch of games :cheers:

Fungah! posted:

the mystery of bob's older brother solved at last

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

huge wave of telling people to kill themselves this week lol

Something dark is stirring in the collective imp unconscious...

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

KIRYU: poor mutt. I guess sometimes it really isn't the time for dogs.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Substories 05
The Mad Puppy of Shimano? END

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Long-suffering imp wife in the middle of changing the baby’s diaper, sighing and taking a few moments to collect herself after imp husband rushes into room shouting “honey listen to this song, it was from my dream last night. See if you recognize it.”

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Imp Wife and Gamer Mom: Coming this fall to CBS

lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

I just dreamt that I was watching a reality show competition called The Next Mario All-Star, hosted by Charles Martinet. The winner had to prove that 1) they were the biggest Mario fan in the world and 2) they could do an absolutely perfect Mario voice.

All the contestants would show up covered in Mario merchandise and say something like “I am THE ultra mario super fan, I have played and beat EVERY mario game and I sleep in a mario bed”, then they would step up to the mic and do this awful halting croaky Mickey Mouse impression. I got angrier and angrier each time I heard it and kept yelling that mario sounds nothing like that. The people watching with me would laugh each time and say no, that’s Mario’s exact voice. This guy is nailing it.

So to prove them wrong I started up Mario 64, and at the title screen mario let out this horrible raspy high pitched “uhhh... it’s uh... me? M-Mario?” in a Mickey Mouse voice and I immediately woke up

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Welcome to shiddy burger, home of the shiddy burger. Can I take your order

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

had a dream that I found some fireworks under my bed that were a prerelease promo for brave fencer musashi. they were "cotton candy edition" and created blue smoke, but the worry was western games journalists would eat them and review the game poorly, so they were recalled

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lmao. Brave Fencer Musashi ftw

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I dreamed that when you stopped playing a game it would be dismantled and put into storage until you decided to play it again. I was friends with a janitor at the game storage warehouse and she let me in to the "back hallway" where games you only played once were kept. It was built from those white painted industrial bricks you'd see at a cheap school or something. It was dusty, covered with cobwebs, and dimly lit. I said, out loud, "this is the Daggerfall hallway!" I felt a sudden urgency to escape, like something would be released if I kept the door open too long. I ran back to the main hallway and slammed the door. The room turned a deep blue color and I saw a Morrowind dark elf head with a long snakelike flesh body slither up to me, about the size of a cat. It said "Why no play?" and then I woke up

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

still praying for the t-rex. same with your previous post, sir

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

extremebuff posted:

i had a dream last night that I was playing skyrim, going thru whiterun and the snotty cloudcity guy said his line and I quicksaved and shot him in the face with the striker re4 shotgun. all the towns guards ran over as my bounty racked up and I tried to quickload and it didn't work. so I kept shooting them, guard bodies piling and my Archery skill kept going up. i had 1500+ shotgun rounds left in the UI which looked like the goldeneye display and never needed to reload so I kept blasting

suddenly all the cops and npcs despawned, like abruptly blinked out of existence and the sky went dark and stormy and a Police Dragon showed up, which was a regular dragon with a white stripe. it just breathed fire and acted like any other dragon but when I shot it there was no healthbar, it was invincible but it was loving me up. i try to quickload again before I permanently die and got the message "You cannot do that when the Police Dragon is hostile" and I shouted WHAT irl and it woke me up and my wife

lmfao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

i saw the wall of text and figured one of the other IKs would handle it if it was hosed up lol

Me too lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

The secret to getting away with a crime in Imp Zone is to put it in the middle of an 8,000-word short story about Big Bang Theory.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sub-Actuality posted:

staring in horror at the bloody wiimote in my hand, realizing this means it wasn’t a dream after all, and scrambling to delete my imp zone gaming dream post

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Dreamed that the Supper Mario Broth guy released a two hour public apology video for getting some minor trivia fact wrong and it ended with him chopping off his pinky yakuza style

lmao but this is also happening for real within the next two years max

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

FutonForensic posted:

dreamed that i was in the recording studio with Charles Martinet while he did his famous audition for Mario. my manager was constantly leaning over to me and saying, "make him say 'pussy' with the voice" but I stood up, put my hand over my heart, and gave an impassioned speech on how "we weren't that kind of recording studio" and "this man could be the voice of Mario. he's going to be a hero." Charles kept interrupting me by saying things like, "it's-a ok, i'm-a say 'pussy' for you" (i don't know what his actual voice sounds like so he just stayed in character the whole time)

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

I had a dream that I lived in a world where gaming was outlawed, and if you wanted to play games you had to find illegal secret internet cafe trucks that hid around the gigantic cyberpunk cityscape I now lived in. I went to one of these with my sketchy cousin, and started playing Minecraft. I overheard my cousin talking in the other room and to my annoyance he was one of those people who overshare and overexplain game mechanics to newbies. Suddenly we heard a loud thumping all around the truck. It was the cops! We bust out the back door of the truck and I knew in order to not get caught I had to "act like an NPC" so I started walking slowly in a loop. I saw the police catch my cousin though, who shouted "You can't do this to me! I'm a gamer!" before they cold-cocked him to knock him out, and put a bag over his face.

After I got back home my family had already moved everything out of his room. I heard my grandma say "I can't believe that he was a gamer..."

elf help book posted:

This is real.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

the year is 2018. 60% of goldmined content comes from one forum with 20 people in it. mandatory aids injections for gamers begin in 69 days

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

symbolic posted:

fell back asleep after waking up the first time and had a brief dream that Uncle at Nintendo made the Games Beat 2022 thread, and everyone was annoyed at him because he both posted it in July and somehow gave it the YOSPOS stylesheet

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Imp Zone has just been hacked no matter what stylesheet you're on!

lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

herculon posted:

I had a dream I was coaching a women’s volleyball team and we were playing a team that looked like the Kunio-kun characters. The Kunio-kun team was constantly performing super moves making the volleyball turn into meteors and spinning around. My team was hopelessly getting destroyed until I told them to start hitting the ball with a broomstick. The broomstick strategy worked, and we won the championship.

lol cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

been having a lot of dark souls dreams for some reason. In this one it was mostly the normal game but every time I achieved a milestone, it would cut to JK Simmons in Burn After Reading (just watched it for the first time last week) saying things like "so he rang a bell, I don't give a poo poo, it doesn't mean anything does it" or "so what level was this guy he killed, a Lord... Lord of Cinder? That doesn't matter, Palmer, just some fuckin washed up old hollow. Just, uh, keep an eye on the guy, see what he does with the... the flame thing"

lol