Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I had a dream this morning where I was in my childhood best friend's bedroom as an adult and his mom opened the door with a package and said he would have wanted me to have this. I open the box and inside is a vinyl record. The sleeve is made of very cheap, wax paper-like material. It's a bootleg vinyl from Korea of the Donkey Kong Country score. It's a green background that looks like the palm tree leaves from the game and on the front is a very poor resolution jpeg of 16 bit Donkey Kong. The title is "...Introducing DON CRACKERS". Maybe for the first time in my life I woke up laughing because sleep me couldn't handle how funny the name Don Crackers was for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Fungah! posted:

i dreamed i could see behind the scenes on the yakuza games and whnever you aren't playing as him kiryu is kind of a normal guy. he was part of a bowling league, he had kids that weren't haruka and was good friends with their teachers. whenever someone plays the games he's forced to act like a yakuza wherever he is. all his friends think he's acting like a huge spaz and he hates having to do it. after a while i could start to feel his animosity towards me for making him be a yakuza and i woke up covered in sweat and feeling like a jerk

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

American McGay posted:

You dreamt that BBG was your wife dude.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

symbolic posted:

part of a longer non-game dream i had last night involved me reading a thread here about some new hyped detective/mystery game that just came out, and the most-talked about feature was how in-depth the pencil mechanic was for your notes, e.g. different lead sizes could unlock different hints from what you wrote, you could swap for different brands and colors or between wooden and mechanical, etc. rapidly, though, arguments were popping up about which combination was the best or if #2 was better than #3 and so on, culminating in someone posting the following image, which i've tried my best to recreate.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I had a dream last night where I happened to drive by the last surviving Toys R Us. It was a three story tall super store with an amusement park inside. Connected to it was the nonstandard Epic McDonalds:

https://twitter.com/nonstandardmcd/status/1353833426827272192?s=21

The coolest thing inside was the classic game section. Hundreds upon hundreds of NES, SNES, N64, Genesis, Dreamcast, PS1, etc. games like a gamer Library of Alexandria. All for dirt cheap too. I was so excited by the store that I went to go bring my friends and my fiancé the next day. But when we went inside it had turned into the castle from Resident Evil Village, and everything was a scary nightmare from this point forward. Everyone was very mad at me, for leading them to their deaths, after promises of toys and games and McDonalds.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Lol

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

had a dream last night that there was a new Imp Zone trend of describing everything in wrestling terms. suddenly every post was about moves and intro music and listing the big names of wrestling, but the closest I've ever gotten to it was GLOW on Netflix, so I was totally lost. I tried looking up a bunch of wrestling holds so I could post about Yakuza, but by mistake I looked up real competitive wrestling instead of the performance thing.

wormskull quoted me and said “get a load of John Irving over here” and that was empty quoted for pages. from then on whenever I started getting wordy, people would just link to the post. it felt like I was never going to live it down

There have been a non insignificant amount of times where I’ve had dreams exactly like this.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

FutonForensic posted:

dreamed that i was in the recording studio with Charles Martinet while he did his famous audition for Mario. my manager was constantly leaning over to me and saying, "make him say 'pussy' with the voice" but I stood up, put my hand over my heart, and gave an impassioned speech on how "we weren't that kind of recording studio" and "this man could be the voice of Mario. he's going to be a hero." Charles kept interrupting me by saying things like, "it's-a ok, i'm-a say 'pussy' for you" (i don't know what his actual voice sounds like so he just stayed in character the whole time)

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Had a dream about Larry last night. I went to Walmart to buy an Xbox, except it was the Walmart from my adolescence so the video game area had all those old set ups where you can play PS2 or Xbox demos. I went to the Xbox demo area to try it out and Larry ran up to me. My mind filled in a very small man, not a little person but a scaled down, fully proportioned adult man with frizzy red hair. And he was belligerently screaming and cursing, chasing everyone away from the demo area. While I was getting away from him I overheard someone say “he really went downhill fast”.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

symbolic posted:

fell back asleep after waking up the first time and had a brief dream that Uncle at Nintendo made the Games Beat 2022 thread, and everyone was annoyed at him because he both posted it in July and somehow gave it the YOSPOS stylesheet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

not rly a dream but i was woken up by a gravelly voice that said "worrrrrmskull says wake up bitch"