Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I watched the terrible monday night football game and had a dream about the new Madden game. For this season, EA went with a puzzle game where the field was divided into squares and you earned yards by running over the squares. The defense could cancel your squares out by also running over them. I woke up before I could finish a game, so I have no idea how it kept score.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

GorfZaplen posted:

Only somewhat gaming related but I dreamed thst I met an old friend at the swimming pool when suddenly Roman bath LARPers showed up to force us out. I demanded to see what rulebook they were using and they threw it at my face.

lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I had a dream that I was exploring some Dwemer ruins, but instead of finding anything cool I kept getting increasingly angrier that none of the local restaurants had appetizers. I never saw a restaurant in my dream, I just knew the ones nearby didn't have appetizers. After I woke up, I had to calm myself down before I could go back to sleep.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Order has been restored

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I had a dream where I was hanging out with Goro, who was a super nice dude. Then someone announced that I have to fight Goro in the octagon next. Goro wished me good luck and left to get ready. I spent the rest of the dream wondering how can I even fight Goro, but everyone kept wishing me good luck like it was a pretty even fight. I was mostly worried that Goro's physique is top notch while my doughy, pasty complexion will look silly next to him. Luckily, it started raining and they had to cancel the fight because it was an outdoor arena.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Knuc U Kinte posted:

When the fight starts a crowd of Imp villagers dressed to the nines like homos would run down the entrance ramp and climb into the octagon to gently caress Goro up

Take it easy on Goro. He’s a nice dude once you get to know him.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I had a dream that my car was in my living room. The check engine light was on and I thought if I slammed on the gas peddle, the light would go away. The entire dream was me revving my car's engine in my living room while the radio played the Daytona USA theme.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

The NES Star Trek game was probably the best one and it’s all downhill from there.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Marry Tifa, kill Aeris. It all makes sense

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lmao and good luck with the upcoming birth

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

What was the gift?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

there's construction at the maternity recovery ward where i am. I've been here since Tuesday. short version is that we couldn't leave, but active labor didn't start until this morning. they don't always have enough cots for the dads so I've spent most of it awake. we rewatched some Community while we were waiting. baby is born, everyone is healthy and fine.

took a light nap in the chair while the pediatrician had the baby to run some routine tests and I guess I must have been tired because I normally can't sleep with loud noise.

in my dream, my friends were all visiting me in the hospital and bringing baby gifts, and they asked me to come out into the hall to see the big gift they all got together. suddenly I got really nervous and horror music started playing. my friends pulled off their masks and they were all Chang from Community. "we're the Chang Bots, bitch," one of them said, "and your baby is ours. Changprise!"

I started fighting them Arkham combat style but all my blows were just glancing off of them and I was getting exhausted. finally, they just stopped, and the best I can describe it is that the camera zoomed away to show them all lining up, like the combat had been a forced loss scenario and this was the transition cut scene. "you can't hurt us, you idiot," they said. "we're made of metal." then they started banging on their chests to demonstrate, and it made loud clang noises. "Chang!" they shouted with each clang. "Chang! Chang! Chang!"

I woke up with a start and realized the clanging was actually the construction and that I should probably cut down on my binge watching.

Congratulations on the healthy baby and also lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Spoderman posted:

had a dream where i was going to play samurai warriors but wanted to play multiplayer and wanted to see if anybody on my friends list had it. i saw that one person who i didn't quite know who they were had it but i knew they were from the imp zone. when i went to their psn profile i saw that they had 73 different games played but only one trophy for any of them, a trophy called "kiryu says the r-word"

lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

ol yeller posted:

Dreamed that I was trying to raise a Digimon in the old ps1 game but no matter what I did, he would always evolve into a really fat guy in a wife beater who drank soda and farted until he died. I eventually got so mad that I was going to take my game back for a refund and when I got to the store the clerk was the really fat guy from the game and he asked if I was coming back to buy more copies of the greatest game of the year. I didn't want things to get awkward so I bought 2 more copies "for friends and family"

lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

symbolic posted:

well this was bound to happen

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Sub-Actuality posted:

dreamed I was taking a philosophy class & the professor said the final exam was going to be beating the shareware episode of Doom on nightmare difficulty without attacking anything or touching any powerups. The students started to protest that it was impossible, and he got really angry and yelled “this was how Immanuel Kant played Doom!!” and I woke up.

lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lol Fetterman kicks rear end

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

GorfZaplen posted:

I had a dream that Cliffy B announced a new game over a small zoom call called EXTREME RAPPELING, where you played as dudes with giant muscles rappelling up a building shooting at people coming down. When someone pointed out that you rappel down a building, not up, Cliffy B frowned for a second and ended the call.

lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

had a dream that shelley long and ted Danson joined my magic card group. shelley was very into the game and launched into Diane chambers-like monologues where she extolled the virtues of Group Hug decks and said that the name was unfairly belittling, that they should be called manipulative tactician decks. she seemed really nervous about Ted, who was pretty quiet and charming mostly.

suddenly ted clapped his hands really loudly and said "boy, is that a kamigawa card? boy, I love that set. Isn't it a great little block? it's based on japan, you ever been there? what I love about japan is that there are real artisans there, you know? they call them "arté," there, they make incredible crafts and stuff out of single ingredients." shelley started getting really nervous and doing the Diane laugh but ted kept going. "I met this one cookie chef, and he made the most incredible cookies out of a single ingredient."

then he slammed a bag of cocaine down on the table and said "the greatest cookies you have through your nose." shelley started crying and ted got this huge grin like michael from the good place and said "let's play some loving magic cards, kids."

one of my friends (he's one of the circus twins of bicyclops dream lore) went to town on the cocaine and ted was clapping his hands and laughing, like "alright!!! look at this guy, he knows a kamigawa commander when he sees one! real life vedalken orrery, am I right?"

shelley said "please, you have to stop this," and suddenly ted snarled and yelled "you should have stayed on cheers, bitch." then he looked right at me and said "you're next." I woke up before I could find out what I was next for.

lmao jesus

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Had a dream I visited Austin Texas and saw a sign advertising "Mike's Romance Arcade - former home of id software". I didnt remember reading this in masters of doom but it was right there so I stopped in. It was the size of a small house and packed with those personality test grip things and pinball machines prominently featuring couples. One of them was addams family, another one was dirty harry but they put a decal over it so it read "dirty dancing" with a picture of Patrick Swayze. The machine was otherwise unchanged and would still spout Clint Eastwood lines during play. I noticed a regular skeeball machine in the back and asked how that was romance themed. Just then, John Romero walked in, greeted the owner and played a perfect game of skeeball. Instead of tickets or coins coming out, M&Ms and a halved poblano pepper came out. Romero took the handful of candy and handed the pepper to Mike, who said "you never know when things are gonna get hot".

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Had a dream I caught the end of Miro's twitch stream. I couldn't tell what game he was playing, but the comments were causing him to start sobbing uncontrollably. He kept saying how we don't deserve to see him anymore and I thought it was an act until my dream forwarded to me watching AEW Dynamite. Kip Sabian and Penelope Ford came out without him and the commentary team didn't mention Miro at all. In my dream I was happy that the terrible angle with Best Friends seemed to be over.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

ol yeller posted:

dreamed that there was an extremely active scooby doo community of thrill seekers for whom the ultimate high was what they called "maskpulls". i was tasked with infiltrating them on behalf of a secret organization and was dressed in the 47 suit doing an open carry on dual deagles. for some reason they decided i shouldnt have them before being allowed into the "Ultimate Chamber", so i gave them up to a fat bouncer who was the big boy from the 2077 gifs. anyway, after i was let into the chamber, i saw it was just a nondescript room lit with candles, with a whiteboard in it that had a picture of King from Tekken circled over and over with a red marker

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I had a dream last night that began with me looking out my window and seeing my neighbor mowing my yard. He's inside my backyard fence, so I go out to see why he's doing it. When I go outside, I see the side of his house has been removed and there appears to be a film studio setup inside his house. This stuns me for a bit, and in my confusion I hear him tell me that a film studio overtook his house to film the upcoming Sonic the Hedgehog 2 movie. The film studio is making him mow my yard, and I see other people planting the flowers from Green Hill Zone all over my yard. He goes on to tell me that they'll be filming promotional material in my backyard and it would be best if I just let them do it. I'm unable to process all this, so I head back inside my house. My house has suddenly been completely renovated in an old Victorian style and there are people wearing Victorian period clothing carrying classical instruments. I look at my wife and she tells me the studio has completely renovated our home and will be recording the soundtrack here. At this point, I sit down and hold my head. I hear the orchestra begin to tune up and I yell, "just shut up and give me a minute, ok!" I then wake up.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

lol at all the dreams

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

FactsAreUseless posted:

lmao at everything on the last two pages

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Long-suffering imp wife in the middle of changing the baby’s diaper, sighing and taking a few moments to collect herself after imp husband rushes into room shouting “honey listen to this song, it was from my dream last night. See if you recognize it.”

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Imp Wife and Gamer Mom: Coming this fall to CBS

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lmao

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Welcome to shiddy burger, home of the shiddy burger. Can I take your order

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Jeez, I’m starting to feel like the ghost over here!

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lobster Harmonica posted:

Dreamt I was going through a box of my old SNES instruction manuals and realized one of them held a winning sweepstakes voucher for something called the "Flintstones Tower of Terror." I decided to post about it half-jokingly on twitter like "hey @Flintstones can this coupon still be redeemed haha" and almost immediately all the lights went out in my house and I heard someone kicking in the front door and woke up

lol

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

had a dream last night that there was a new Imp Zone trend of describing everything in wrestling terms. suddenly every post was about moves and intro music and listing the big names of wrestling, but the closest I've ever gotten to it was GLOW on Netflix, so I was totally lost. I tried looking up a bunch of wrestling holds so I could post about Yakuza, but by mistake I looked up real competitive wrestling instead of the performance thing.

wormskull quoted me and said "get a load of John Irving over here" and that was empty quoted for pages. from then on whenever I started getting wordy, people would just link to the post. it felt like I was never going to live it down

Shoot hilarious

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I had a dream I was coaching a women’s volleyball team and we were playing a team that looked like the Kunio-kun characters. The Kunio-kun team was constantly performing super moves making the volleyball turn into meteors and spinning around. My team was hopelessly getting destroyed until I told them to start hitting the ball with a broomstick. The broomstick strategy worked, and we won the championship.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I guess Kiryu dreams are going around because I had one last night where Kiryu and I were talking and I mentioned my favorite movie, the funniest comedy I’ve ever seen. When he said he hadn’t seen it we went to the movies together to watch it. It was called something like “That Little Weirdo!” and was about Mei from My Neighbor Totoro, but it was like a Dennis the Menace-style thing where she just went around causing mischief and trouble but in a good-natured way. The only joke I specifically remember was when an elderly neighbor said something along the lines of “it’s so hot, I feel like I’m going to melt!” and Mei said, “yeah and you look like it too!” which despite not actually being a joke in any sense caused Kiryu and I to just start dying laughing.

Then towards the end of the movie Mei runs off to have an adventure in the park, but slips and falls into a pond and loving drowns. Kiryu and I were both shocked by this and started crying, I guess my brain forgot that this was supposed to be my favorite movie that I’d already seen a bunch of times. After lingering for an uncomfortably long time on her body and all the shocked and mourning townspeople, Kiryu and I getting more and more upset, eventually an angel or fairy or something shows up and revives her because of the townspeople’s love for her and her pranks. She’s brought back good as new, the townspeople throw a big party to celebrate, good times all around. I look over and see that Kiryu is still crying, so hard that he didn’t see what just happened, so I try telling him “look at the screen man, she’s fine! It’s a happy ending, see, she’s okay!” and like shaking him and trying to pull his hands away from his face but he’s just throwing his head back wailing in grief and nothing I do can calm him down enough to look at the screen again. That’s basically where it ended, I don’t remember anything after that.

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Bicyclops posted:

have a pretty bad back injury and fell asleep for a lot of today because I couldnt even move, and I'm also in the middle of trying to find a new place because our landlords are selling ours. I had a dream that all my troubles were over: I'd gone to a video game conference close by to let off stress and some EA people were doing a panel. the only other stuff at the time was cosplay so i decided I was going to the EA one and that I would yell at them for their crimes. the panelists said that everyone thought it was easy to make video games, but nobody thought what the problems would be with their ideas.

they asked people to volunteer ideas and as a troll I yelled "the Sims, but it's Minecraft!" the EA people got really quiet and started whispering and then suddenly said "this panel is over." they called me up to talk to them and told me they were prepared to give me 2 million dollars to buy my idea. I spouted a bunch of nonsense about what "the Sims, but it's Minecraft" would be (I know o e of the things I said was "get a Lego partnership") and they signed over the money then and there. I was overjoyed: now we could buy that place we've been saving for instead of having to make a snap rental decision that would mean paying more for less space for a year.

I was pumping the air with my fists, and then I saw that Miyamoto, Sakurai, and, for some reason, kiryu, were all in the crowd looking at me with utter disgust. I tried desperately to explain that it had been a joke, that I had to get housing for my family, but they just ignored me. Sakurai spit on my shoes as he walked past. I tried to run to find somewhere private I could cry, but I woke up to my wife calling for help.

no shame in this housing market