Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone, you have my keepers yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Diet Crack posted:

I'll have these as keepers please -

Gustav NYQUIST - $1 -> $2
Josh BAILEY - $1 -> $2
William KARLSSON - $2 -> $3
Jonathan DROUIN - $3 -> $5

If my math is right, I should have spent $12 on keepers and have $488 to play with, correct?

correct, you'll start with $488 at the auction draft to use to bid on the rest of your roster

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Claude Giroux (60 -> 72)
Mike Hoffman (18 -> 22)
Patrick Kane (82 -> 99)
Jeff Skinner (14 -> 17)

dehumanize yourself and face to kept salary

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

fawning deference posted:

T-Bone, you have my keepers yeah?

yeah thanks!

I'm not sure which GMs I'm missing, I'll go through tonight or tomorrow and bother some people some more.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I am guessing the first three leagues posted are all full?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Foehammer007 posted:

I am guessing the first three leagues posted are all full?

I jussst got someone for the 18th slot in the LSL, but it can support 20 teams if one other goon besides yourself wants to join.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

T-Bone posted:

I jussst got someone for the 18th slot in the LSL, but it can support 20 teams if one other goon besides yourself wants to join.

I am down, just let me know if you ever get one more.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Foehammer007 posted:

I am down, just let me know if you ever get one more.

Draft is next Monday, PM me your email or post it here and I'll shoot you an invite if I get one more

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
It was really painful to not keep Pettersson but it was either that or lose probably Guentzel and Guentzel gets a lot of hits to go along with all that scoring. Debrincat was a no brainer for me because of the production and how cheap he was, and Hellebyuck I wanted to keep because good goalies are always hard to get. Tkachuk was also a no brainer because of his versatility between scoring and being a shithead.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

the Set it & Regret It draft is set for this Friday 9/26 at 7pm, it seems to fit with the variety of availabilities yalls have. we still have a buncha spots available if anyone else wants to fit in another draft and then never have to care about the roster again!

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/30926/invitation?key=2284840284732508&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=eb3d8e0f8091e071

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Huh, I was sure Arvidsson and Murray weren't eligible to be kept again.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

toe knee hand posted:

Huh, I was sure Arvidsson and Murray weren't eligible to be kept again.

You are correct. Don't know how I missed that. Added.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Updated budgets, let me know if anything seems off:

I think I'm just missing Twin Cinema and his friend's keepers, and Hull & Oates's keepers (forget who that is).

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 24, 2019

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

T-Bone posted:

You are correct. Don't know how I missed that. Added.

I think you missed my team completely because I don't see any of my guys on the expansion lists.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

toe knee hand posted:

I think you missed my team completely because I don't see any of my guys on the expansion lists.

I didn't use everyone's team for the expansion lists (gave them 2 random teams each).

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Aye Doc posted:

the Set it & Regret It draft is set for this Friday 9/26 at 7pm, it seems to fit with the variety of availabilities yalls have. we still have a buncha spots available if anyone else wants to fit in another draft and then never have to care about the roster again!

https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey/30926/invitation?key=2284840284732508&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=eb3d8e0f8091e071

join u cowards

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Adam Larsson's Project
Wheeler: $59 -> $71
Andersen: $46 -> $56
Giordano: $17 -> $21
Chabot: $1 -> $2

Me
Rakell: $3 -> $4
Hischier: $42 -> $51
Hart: $1 -> $2
Reinhart: $4 -> $5

I think I did the math correctly. I rounded up each time.

My team is going to loving suck.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

That was a fun auction draft where my defense wound up being Hedman, Jones, Doughty, Rielly, Suter, McDonagh, Ekman-Larsson.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Sorry T-Bone, completed space out on the keepers!

Here's my list.

Hull & Oates

Elias Lindholm - $6 -> $7
William Nylander - $43 -> $52
Tom Wilson - $2 -> $3
Philip Danault - $1 -> 2

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

fawning deference posted:

That was a fun auction draft where my defense wound up being Hedman, Jones, Doughty, Rielly, Suter, McDonagh, Ekman-Larsson.

I got Ristolainen, Pulock, Provorov, Nurse, Q Hughes, Morrissey and Ekblad. Now that's a young D core.

Remember to use your IR+ spots btw, there are 3 and people who are "out" or "day to day" can go on there.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

MagicCube posted:

Sorry T-Bone, completed space out on the keepers!

Here's my list.

Hull & Oates

Elias Lindholm - $6 -> $7
William Nylander - $43 -> $52
Tom Wilson - $2 -> $3
Philip Danault - $1 -> 2

thanks! updating now

:siren: See everyone at the draft tonight at 8pm EST :siren:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Final costs going into the draft

Also I have one more spot in the LSL if anyone wants to join. If you're on the fence please do join as this would let Foehammer007 join as well.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE

T-Bone posted:

Also I have one more spot in the LSL if anyone wants to join. If you're on the fence please do join as this would let Foehammer007 join as well.

Is LSL draft time up to date in the OP? If not, when is it?

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

toe knee hand posted:

Is LSL draft time up to date in the OP? If not, when is it?

its set for Monday the 30th at 830pm est

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Yeah 9/30. I updated the OP with more info on all the leagues.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
Oof that'll be a late night for East coasters. Works for me though, so I'll hop in if you don't find another to make it an even number. esseey at gmail dot com

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

an LSL draft without pain in some form is no LSL draft at all. sleep deprivation, this is nothing. now let's talk about waiting until round 11 to pick a goalie...

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

toe knee hand posted:

Oof that'll be a late night for East coasters. Works for me though, so I'll hop in if you don't find another to make it an even number. esseey at gmail dot com

hell yeah brother, sent

LSL back at 20 teams, everyone is hosed

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
lol poo poo, I'm at the max allowed teams, I can't. Sorry :(

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

toe knee hand posted:

lol how many loving leagues are you in?

you could also register another yahoo account :O

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

toe knee hand posted:

This is peak SAS

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

I think next year I am gonna start a buy-in Roto keeper league. I just hate the H2H weekly format. I'd rather just draft the team which does the best over the course of the season, doing it weekly makes it way more luck based and means that if you have the second best week of all the teams but are playing the first best team you lose the week even though your team was better than almost everyone else's

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I like roto for pools where you don't have waiver adds but it's really boring for leagues with transactions.

To toot my big loving horn, I've finished top 4 in the LSL, a 16-20 team league, 8 out of 9 seasons (two championships) and top 3 in the HHL (12-16 team league) 6/8 seasons (three championships and two runnerups) --- if you draft well and waiver well you're going to do well.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

T-Bone posted:

I like roto for pools where you don't have waiver adds but it's really boring for leagues with transactions.

To toot my big loving horn, I've finished top 4 in the LSL, a 16-20 team league, 8 out of 9 seasons (two championships) and top 3 in the HHL (12-16 team league) 6/8 seasons (three championships and two runnerups) --- if you draft well and waiver well you're going to do well.

To toot my horn as well, I'm the 90s Braves to your 90s Yankees. 1 title, 3 2nd place finishes. Good team/good players and active management are generally rewarded in H2H.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I was more like the Braves until this past season I suppose. I think I finished 4th like 5 seasons in a row.

Like there definitely is a bit of luck but it's definitely 90% your drafting/management, and the fact that it's H2H keeps everyone involved all season.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I’m going to try the strategy of missing the draft and seeing what I get autodrafted this year.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Twin Cinema posted:

I’m going to try the strategy of missing the draft and seeing what I get autodrafted this year.

I won the LOL (my only LOL win actually) doing that because the draft is always at a bad time for me. I had to waiver the gently caress out of it that year though.

I think it would be hard in the LSL without serious prerankings because you'll most likely get goalie hosed, and almost impossible in the HHL because we use a different budget than the standard so the computer doesnt know who the gently caress to draft (so again would need heavy prerankings).

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
:siren: I know it's on the eve of the draft but since we're at 16 teams I'm considering going from 6 teams to 8 teams in the HHL playoffs. Your guys thoughts?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm going to throw it to 8 teams since we're so close to the draft and if it doesn't work out we can change it next year.

I also made divisions (ala LSL). The 2 division winners automatically get the top 2 seeds. I put the new teams in a division ala original NHL expansion in 1967.

Here's what the divisions look like: with last season finishes in parentheses.

I've also raised the IR in the HHL to 2 and in the LSL to 3 which was a common request

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I’m just hoping the autodraft gets me at least a few stars. It usually drafts top heavy, iirc