Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

No, I like you very much :blush:

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Reading thru the Jigsaw post, remembering all the stuff being mentioned, when suddenly...

Gavok posted:

When Chikara did the Gekido invasion storyline ("Evil Chikara" basically), they introduced John Silver as Shard, an evil counterpart to Jigsaw.

I thought by now I had a pretty much complete list of who was under which mask in Chikara, but I had no idea that Silver was Shard. Guess I'll never stop learning all the identities.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

brock lesnar was hydra

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

brock lesnar was hydra

C'mon, don't disrespect Hydra like that

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I had no idea Quack's Wrestling Is whole thing was because he was trying to get out of divorce stuff. Like a true comic nerd he created an entire crossover event to avoid paying alimony. Wild.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

Germansimp posted:

Reading thru the Jigsaw post, remembering all the stuff being mentioned, when suddenly...

I thought by now I had a pretty much complete list of who was under which mask in Chikara, but I had no idea that Silver was Shard. Guess I'll never stop learning all the identities.

Is there a database of who was who in Chikara? At this point there’s no sense in keeping kayfabe for a defunct org.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i mostly remember that two of the ants were orange cassidy and drew gulak

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I know that Johnathan Gresham was a member of Osirian Portal for a short time as Hieracon, I remember him being real fun in one of the king of trios

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SG Bamboo posted:

I know that Johnathan Gresham was a member of Osirian Portal for a short time as Hieracon, I remember him being real fun in one of the king of trios

He also had a super fun little match with Brodie.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Who was the Los Ice Cream who wasn't Quackenbush? Or just "anyone spare that day"?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Lamuella posted:

Who was the Los Ice Cream who wasn't Quackenbush? Or just "anyone spare that day"?

Usually Hallowicked (he was the taller one), and in one very memorable instance, Claudio.

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Who are some of the best talkers in Mexico? Either active today or all time. I have been learning Spanish in my spare time, and I want to practice by listening to big meaty men talk about kicking each other's butts. Give me the best Spanish language promos to educationally entertain me.

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Stealth Tiger posted:

Who are some of the best talkers in Mexico? Either active today or all time. I have been learning Spanish in my spare time, and I want to practice by listening to big meaty men talk about kicking each other's butts. Give me the best Spanish language promos to educationally entertain me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NltGe2AfSI

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Stealth Tiger posted:

I don't speak Spanish, but it feels like the common answer is Pierroth Jr, probably? (The famous Pierroth who led Los Boricuas in CMLL, not Rush's dad.) His voice and delivery are such that he's engaging even if you don't speak the language.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

davidbix posted:

I don't speak Spanish, but it feels like the common answer is Pierroth Jr, probably? (The famous Pierroth who led Los Boricuas in CMLL, not Rush's dad.) His voice and delivery are such that he's engaging even if you don't speak the language.

Wasn't a big part of Shocker's rise to prominence his charisma and promo skills?

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wasn't a big part of Shocker's rise to prominence his charisma and promo skills?
Was gonna mention him and then blanked on it. He also had a great delivery. It's too bad that TNA botched his run so much, as he was also a pretty engaging speaker in English outside of promo settings. (There's an all-English profile of him, Silver King, and Dr. Wagner Jr. that aired on NJPW's ESPN Japan show during the 2001 BOSJ tournament that's just fantastic.)

People don't realize it anymore because he's had so many ups and downs with addiction, but Shocker was the loving dude for the first half of the aughts. Great worker in everything from technical title matches to bloody hair vs. hair matches, super charismatic, compelling promo, funny in skits, etc. The time he got the #1 ranking in the DVDVR 500, it was absolutely deserved.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Rush is a great promo and it is easy to find his promos online.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

LA Park is great because he'll just take a live mic, curse, and demand to be booked in big money matches nobody has any intention of booking

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Mob posted:

LA Park is great because he'll just take a live mic, curse, and demand to be booked in big money matches nobody has any intention of booking
...in the hopes that a drug cartel will back a show headlined by one of said matches as a way to launder money.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

It is unbecoming to be a snitch, Bix

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

davidbix posted:

...in the hopes that a drug cartel will back a show headlined by one of said matches as a way to launder money.

Real pain for my sham friends and champagne for my Roshfrans

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Mob posted:

Did the ACL injury from Goldberg's spear affect his style/work?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

davidbix posted:

LA Park working the cartels into paying him big money is one hell of an energy.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Red posted:

What are you talking about. Skeletons don't have ACLs stupid

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Red posted:

hell no he's 55 and can barely stretch his gear over his gut but it's lucha so he's got another decade before he retires, then another 20 years as a heel ref

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

Mob posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lc9F8811x7U

Sure, pendejo is a great insult, but calling a grown man a payasito is incredible. I have not followed him at all since WCW, but I'm glad LA Park is living a great life.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

davidbix posted:

Was gonna mention him and then blanked on it. He also had a great delivery. It's too bad that TNA botched his run so much, as he was also a pretty engaging speaker in English outside of promo settings. (There's an all-English profile of him, Silver King, and Dr. Wagner Jr. that aired on NJPW's ESPN Japan show during the 2001 BOSJ tournament that's just fantastic.)

People don't realize it anymore because he's had so many ups and downs with addiction, but Shocker was the loving dude for the first half of the aughts. Great worker in everything from technical title matches to bloody hair vs. hair matches, super charismatic, compelling promo, funny in skits, etc. The time he got the #1 ranking in the DVDVR 500, it was absolutely deserved.

Pretty much every time I've seen him I've liked what I saw.

I'd almost always sign him in EWR, and 99% of the time he'd be one a top guy.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
Has there ever been a good kidnapping angle?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Low Desert Punk posted:

The Islanders (I think) kidnapped Matilda once and we got Bobby Heenan being a goofball in one of those attack dog training outfits so that was pretty good.

Didn't the nWo kidnap Ric Flair and beat the poo poo out of him in an empty field once? I remember it feeling kind of crazy because (as I recall, at least – I haven't seen it in a while) it was shot differently and partially from a helicopter with a big spotlight?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Low Desert Punk posted:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Is there a big-name pro-wrestler that does/did a lot of JoJo memes?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Bray Wyatt did Jojo a lot.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Gavok posted:

Nooooo ...

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Low Desert Punk posted:

Without ministry abductions we’d have no APA or naked mideon.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

Is there a big-name pro-wrestler that does/did a lot of JoJo memes?

tana did one but just one that i can remember

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gavok posted:

lmao

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Low Desert Punk posted:

Marty the Moth and Mariposa kidnapping Sexy Star was pretty good overall.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I liked that time Inner Circle kidnapped Leva Bates and then the next week she was teaching Santana about gender issues in literature

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gavok posted:

lol