Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Gavok posted:

Bray Wyatt did Jojo a lot.

:golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I thought The Ministry kidnapping Stephanie was fantastic just for the climax of Ken Shamrock freaking out, covered in blood busting into the room with Stephanie screaming, "STEPHANIE I'M HERE TO SAVE YOU!"

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Wait, was the weed limo another, unrelated kidnapping?

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Royal Updog posted:

Wait, was the weed limo another, unrelated kidnapping?
I think that was Undertaker abducting Teddy Long. "Buckle up, Teddy!"

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Haha drat that segment ruled too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac0rlpBf-b0

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Also Stephanie on the Undertaker crucifix symbol:

Paul Bearer: "You may now kiss your briiiiiiiiide..."
JR: "OH FOR GOD'S SAKE-
(Stone Cold's theme)

Hedgehog Pie fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 27, 2021

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I'm an unapologetic mark for The Ministry of Darkness story. Not so much the Corporate Ministry, that kinda sucked.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

TheKingslayer posted:

I'm an unapologetic mark for The Ministry of Darkness story. Not so much the Corporate Ministry, that kinda sucked.

Undertaker, you're evil! = not bad

Mark, you're taking this gimmick too far! Also Vince is the higher power, lol = not good

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

TheKingslayer posted:

My only gripe is that Faarooq and Bradshaw just put on black tights and painted random symbols on their chest. Everybody else got a new name, new costume, colored contacts, and so on. At least give Ron/JBL masks or something to reflect they've been brainwashed.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they put on them real thin bicep bands

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Red posted:

My only gripe is that Faarooq and Bradshaw just put on black tights and painted random symbols on their chest. Everybody else got a new name, new costume, colored contacts, and so on. At least give Ron/JBL masks or something to reflect they've been brainwashed.
They were already The Acolytes. Don Callis got yeeted out of WWE, so they were moved to the Ministry.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Mark, you're taking this gimmick too far! Also Vince is the higher power, lol = not good

This is my least favorite thing they do through that run. At least the Higher Power reveal is good meme and video fodder.

Red posted:

I hadn't thought about that but you're right. It's really lazy compared to Mideon who's cutting odd promos and carrying around jars of eyeballs.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
When the Wyatt Family first showed up, they should've started kidnapping jobbers the company was doing nothing with, and then having them show up looking all swamp-culty a couple weeks later. Basically what the Dark Order did with recruitment but more brainwashy. Instead the stable remained the same size for years and constantly lost.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
It was cool when they beat the poo poo out of Kane and it was cool when they picked a fight with the Shield and won.

But they really did gently caress-all of worth other than that.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

It says something that the only person they kidnapped and tried to brainwash into the family was Daniel Bryan in an attempt to kill his heat.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They got Orton too that one time, but at no point did anyone believe or care that he was part of the group.

Then they had a match where an overhead projector was the big gimmick or something.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Don Callis would have been a good higher power. But then you have to explain how such a bunch of guys including the Undertaker were taking their cues from a nobody.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

ChrisBTY posted:

Don Callis would have been a good higher power. But then you have to explain how such a bunch of guys including the Undertaker were taking their cues from a nobody.

He was too busy being turned on by the Acolytes' violence to control such a large group

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Brian Pillman should have been the Higher Power after working his death for 18 months.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

"Smaaaaart marks. Smaaaaaaart marks..."

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
Remember the badly designed small time wrestling news sites of 1999 speculating Jake Roberts was the higher power. And that update was just above a gif of a man walking up to a WCW logo, pulling his pants down to piss on it, while his skull became exposed for some reason???

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

the Stephanie/Taker marriage scene hits that perfect sweet spot of tawdry Attitude Era ridiculousness and Austin stunning people, and say what you will about her, Steph can shout like few other.

e: just watched it again, I forgot to mention the unprotected chair shots

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Feb 27, 2021

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

davidbix posted:

They were already The Acolytes. Don Callis got yeeted out of WWE, so they were moved to the Ministry.

I thought they were HELL'S HENCHMEN or something. Regardless, at least do something visually to illustrate the concept of brainwashing.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013

Red posted:

I thought they were HELL'S HENCHMEN or something. Regardless, at least do something visually to illustrate the concept of brainwashing.

I remember Jackal coming out after Faarooq and Bradshaw both lost separate singles matches on Metal or Heat and whispered something in their ear. It was supposed to demonstrate his powers of persuasion.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Red posted:

I think that was maybe a nickname but they were called the Acolytes of Destruction at first? For some reason that sticks in my head.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

ChrisBTY posted:

I dunno, he'd been around for a bit, so people would've been aware and Callis is a good enough promo guy that he could've made it work.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I just rewatched the Undertaker Stephanie ministry wedding and it made me realize how out of order I remember the Attitude Era. First of all it always feels like it lasted a lot longer than it did. Also I could have sworn that happened years before Big Show came to the WWE.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
What if the underlying message of the Acolytes were they didn’t need to be brainwashed, because they were onboard already?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I just rewatched the Undertaker Stephanie ministry wedding and it made me realize how out of order I remember the Attitude Era. First of all it always feels like it lasted a lot longer than it did. Also I could have sworn that happened years before Big Show came to the WWE.

1999 WWF is bonkers. Vince winning the Rumble -> Big Show debut, Austin qualifying for Mania -> Rock turning face -> Ministry of Darkness, various sacrifices and Steph wedding -> Corporate Ministry -> Vince as Higher Power -> First blood match for the title and Vince leaving WWF when Austin wins -> Triple H/Mankind/Austin SummerSlam with Jesse Ventura as referee -> Triple H wins the title -> Vince comes back -> Rock and Sock Connection -> DX reforms -> Austin gets run over -> Big Show wins the title -> Big Show/Bossman feud with Big Show's dad's coffin -> Triple H marries Steph -> Steph turns on Vince. All in one year!

Ha, I just realized that Steph was married against her will twice in the same year. 1999!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Nystral posted:

What if the underlying message of the Acolytes were they didn’t need to be brainwashed, because they were onboard already?

The gimmicks that had already accepted the darkness like the Acolytes and the Brood did not need to be brainwashed, showing another layer of depth to the Ministry of Darkness. In this essay I will

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!

MassRafTer posted:

The gimmicks that had already accepted the darkness like the Acolytes and the Brood did not need to be brainwashed, showing another layer of depth to the Ministry of Darkness. In this essay I will

Acolytes were basically a rehash of DOOM anyway. Except cartoonishly WWF evil bad guys, instead of WCW brand evil and cheat to win and get paid bad guys

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

britishbornandbread posted:

Remember the badly designed small time wrestling news sites of 1999 speculating Jake Roberts was the higher power. And that update was just above a gif of a man walking up to a WCW logo, pulling his pants down to piss on it, while his skull became exposed for some reason???
Micasa was my favorite wrestling news site back in the day, even if it was basically just a reprint of the latest Observer

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

I remember Jackal coming out after Faarooq and Bradshaw both lost separate singles matches on Metal or Heat and whispered something in their ear. It was supposed to demonstrate his powers of persuasion.

Callis apparently wanted them to have a Satanic gimmick of some sort and that's how they got folded into the Ministry, from what I understand.

SLUM KING
Nov 16, 2011

Micasa called the fuckin' 900 line so that dude was hardcore, that dude was doing some real Robin Hood poo poo, thank you for giving us kids the freshest scoops Mike

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SLUM KING posted:

Micasa called the fuckin' 900 line so that dude was hardcore, that dude was doing some real Robin Hood poo poo, thank you for giving us kids the freshest scoops Mike
Agreed, he was doing God's work. I unironically loved the fact that the site was written in Comic Sans.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The best thing about IT'S ME AUSTIN that people often forget is that Austin already knew who the higher power was. He showed himself to Austin the previous week!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

SirPhoebos posted:

Is there a big-name pro-wrestler that does/did a lot of JoJo memes?

Nakamura?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I feel like one of the New Day should be into Jojo, but I don't know if Woods or E have mentioned it?

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Roughly how much was Donald Trump paid for his Wrestlemania 23 appearance?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Roughly how much was Donald Trump paid for his Wrestlemania 23 appearance?

Whatever it was, it was too much