Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Seams posted:

Xavier Woods has an MA and is working on his PhD iirc

i thought he was a phd already ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

davidbix posted:

Meanwhile: Did anyone here grow up in a smaller television market that got The WB via The WB 100+ Station Group on cable? If so, do you remember the short-lived "WWF Attitude" TV show on there?

the wb was upn's replacement and i remember it in the early aughts but nothing worth watching

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

davidbix posted:

...no? The WB and UPN launched simultaneously. They merged to form The CW.

poo poo was a long time ago lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sharparoni posted:

Where does Ethan Page buy his cool shirts? There was a link in one of the AEW threads recently but I can't find it.

he said his wife buys some from banana republic iirc

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

oh man haha

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Eat My Fuc posted:

Which men’s division wrestler has the highest pitch voice. Was Paul Bearer a wrestler?

isiah kassidy ?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

sticklefifer posted:

It's clearly Luther.

idk isiah screeches a whole bunch if he's up in the air

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

sliami posted:

has there ever been a raver gimmick

naomi
th2
early hardy boyz

as far as like 90s candy kids? not to my limited knowledge

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Manwithastick posted:

What our potential MOTY candidates from AEW and WWE so far this year?

baker v rosa lights out

belair v banks mania night 1

STONE COLD 64 posted:

orange cassidy vs cezar bononi.

this was absolutely hilarious and moty for a different reason imo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MassRafTer posted:

That ruled as did the Parking Lot fight

was parking lot this year ?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
is 'SEAdLINNNG' like 'seedling' or is it something else

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Alaois posted:

its seedling

ty been meaning to ask :)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the point of dark is to challenge taz and ex as to how many obscure references they can sneak into the commentary

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

karmicknight posted:

Plus Tony Khan was trying to be the good guy during the pandemic and give indie workers a payday when they had none, and again this might pay off in the extreme

yeah just look at the dark pickups/signings. pandemic dark was one of the best things that could have ever happened to aew

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

abraham linksys posted:

has anyone successfully used fake blood of any sort instead of just blading in match?

the young bucks dad used fake blood after they wouldnt let him blade during a promo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
does IWC stand for 'international wrestling community' ?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Gaz-L posted:

I mean, AEW doesn't sell Uno, Fenix, Penta or Fuego masks.

fuego auctioned off a couple a few months ago

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

King Of Coons posted:

have foley cost britt the title vs Rosa

lol :psyduck:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Some of the baddest motherfuckers on the planet are on that plane

and they're all craving action

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

excellent fleetwood mac ref

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

edogawa rando posted:

There was also Liv Morgan objecting to Lana's marriage to Bobby Lashley because she and Lana were lovers, but other than the wedding angle, I don't recall this being followed up on at all beyond a week, maybe.

thanks for reminding me of this

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Nea posted:

Danhausen isn't like, a 10/10 or even an 8/10, but he is at least a perfectly serviceable worker who can put on a good match on the wrestling skills level, and you can get pretty far with that + a good character + good comedy spots. i think AEW could do some less squash-y matches with him.

watch elevations main event from last night imo

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Nea posted:

i did after your recommendation just now, and yeah! Absolutely, just like that!

agreed :)

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sydney Bottocks posted:

My other favorite thing about it was that they kept Regal's debut a secret from everyone except Mox and Danielson, so Tony Schiavone's excited shout of "THAT'S WILLIAM REGAL!" was 100% genuine (and later, when they ran into each other backstage, he hugged Regal and said "You kayfabin' son of a bitch!") :3:

:3:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
lol i just rewatched regals debut and bryce goes to chase him from coming into the ring, realizes it's regal, and trips over himself booking it tf out of there lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
how is 12000000 pronounced

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Deathlove posted:

It's 121000000, 1 to 1 Million.

cool ty

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Greatest Wrestling Match Ever TM?

option-2

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Defenestrategy posted:

Dark order with brodie

:sigh:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
someones getting burning hammered during omega ospreay 3

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Elblanco posted:

So what's the difference between the different shows under each company? Like raw and smackdown

having watched both for a long time, raw was the A show and smackdown was the more 'accessible' ? show

they tried brand splits and 'free agents' who could go from show to show, separate belts then not separate belts, to including nxt to not including nxt over the past 6 years, but it seems now that smackdown is the A show because it's broadcast over the air on fox for more casual viewership and is generally more easy understanding with the storylines and raw is the more wwe enthusiast show? idk how to explain it.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Elblanco posted:

or collision and damage?

for the first 4 years of aew (i havent been to a live show so please correct me)

hour one+ was dark and dark elevation for youtube (which no longer exist per the new warner contract), hours 2-4 were live dynamite, and hour 5 was rampage to be taped and aired friday nights. everything was taped wednesday

eventually post-pandemic dark elevation was moved to universal studios for its own marathon tapings 5 hours over 2 weekend days to be broadcast over youtube the next two months

with the acquisition of ROH by tony khan, the dark elevation universal tapings turned into half elevation, half ROH for about a year

now, it seems this (again correct me if im wrong)

dynamite wednesdays: (if you're in person) hour one+ is roh, hours 2-4 are live dynamite on tv, and hour 5 is taped rampage for friday

now with collision saturdays: surrounding hours are roh and non-recorded dark matches both before and after the live show 8-10pm

aew has lots of roster bloat, e.g., there's so many talented folks for just one wednesday live show, so part of their new wbd contract was a new saturday live show to showcase the talent not on wednesdays. so it seems there's a soft split in aew between live dynamite wednesday and collision saturday and we're going to see how they interact with each other because collision is so new

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
there's also nxt but it hasn't been posted in in a couple days short of a year: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3997499

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Cavauro posted:

he reminds me of a discontinued snack product. anyone remember this? anybody know about this shint?

this wasnt very satisfying or good

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
there was this super good fruit snack called wrinkles or something? like little raisin-sized wrinkly things. came in a white pouch. they were excellent

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Barry Bluejeans posted:

Same thing as Eddie pouring "gasoline" on Jericho - it's just water,

it was actually gas and he was gonna set those fuckers on fire

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I loooooove 80s and 90s AJPW so much. Some of my favorite wrestling ever.

i dig what dave r/ts

https://twitter.com/vintagepuro/status/1707231125901324580

this is 1985 ??

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

On The Internet posted:

Same! Well, not the part about being in the building for WK, but the bit about their Dick-Punch match being the straw that broke the camel's back for me watching WWE.

was the dick punch fest before or after the kofi squash, i forget. but yeah those two things p much made me seinfeld theater gif

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Kennel posted:

And when he did swing Jericho on top of a cage. Also cool.

very rarely do my palms sweat when i watch pro wrestling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
sammy climbed to the top while filming in one of his vlogs and that whole poo poo is a giant Nope from me