Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
I feel stupid asking this one, what was the storyline in WCW where Hogan was both shaved and also had some like black face paint on? IIRC he liked absorbed the dark power from an opponent that I thought was part of the whole Dungeon of Doom thing but I don't remember. I used to know this and had an image of it and everything but I can't find anything online now because I don't know how to word what I'm searching for I guess.

STAC Goat posted:

While I definitely think WWE Style holds wrestlers back and fails to emphasize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses... and its entirely possible in the seemingly unlikely scenario where Reigns left WWE that he'd show a lot more than he has in WWE... there's still plenty of Rybacks.

Cerebral Bore posted:

We've seen about a billion examples that whenever someone in WWE is bad it's the promotion that's the problem, and I'm pretty convinced that Roman is no exception.

We haven't watched WWE in a few years here but have to agree. I never liked what we saw of Roman overall but every now and then there'd be glimpses where he'd be this more joyous self-aware cocky sort of thing that owned. Like him coming down with a few other wrestlers who each take their shirt off and he starts to remove his vest but then smiles and wags his finger at the camera at the last second. :perfect: Or this one Brock match he did (I forget the PPV but it was the clusterfuck steel cage one where they wrestled for maybe three minutes and then like half the WWE roster ran out and climbed on top of the cage and it just ended :laffo: ) where upon attempting to pin him he in time with the count was like flexing his muscle+counting it on his fingers in time with the ref and had a great "WHAAAAAT?" face when it only really went to 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Cerebral Bore posted:

Ah, Darkside Hogan. Yeah, that was apparently a thing that happened.

Numero6 posted:

That was the DARKSIDE OF THE HULKAMANIA! That was basically to give him an edge to revitalize his character with a meaner persona after he got his mustache shaved by the nefarious Taskmaster Kevin Sullivan. It was pretty laughable even if you can see some bits that will get reused as Hollywood Hogan.

Ahahaha thank you!