Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Shine posted:

Have you witnessed the power of Roman Reigns?

Have your witnessed his hurricarana?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Jeff Jarrett as a midcard comedy heel was loving gold.

The skit in TNA where he beat up a children's MMA class to prove he could out wrestle Kurt Angle was damned funny.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Coaaab posted:

Poor Banjo :smith:

:golfclap:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

oh but seriously I posted:

I think they were blood enemies with 3 Count. Tank Abbot was somehow involved.

As I recall, Tank was a 3 Count fanboy.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Why are certain wrestlers only ever mentioned in caps? KENTA? KUSHIDA, etc?

Am I missing the joke? Are there very involved acronyms that I'm unaware of?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

ChrisBTY posted:

Jeff Jarrett's career after chopping off his golden locks was pure 'Hello fellow youths'.

Jeff had a few good segments in TNA, like beating up a children's MMA class to show he was better than Kurt Angle.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Vagabundo posted:

Jarrett is someone who rates as "solid," rather than "outstanding" in his wrestleman parameters (like a 3~3.5 out 5) across the board, and being an upper-midcard gatekeeper is probably the highest placing on the card that works for him.

Jeff Jarrett was a phenomenal midcard comedy heel. It was when he pushed himself as a serious main eventer that things got lousy.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Who would be represented on the wrestling Stone Mountain monument for good dads?

-Searches desperately for those Vince birthday tweets.-

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Gavok posted:

This led to two great moments.

1) The first time he did it was to Chuck Taylor, who was very standoffish due to losing and being a heel. Once Remington left the ring, Chuck looked at the fruit basket and gave a big, blushing smile like, "Wow, this is actually great! What a guy!"

2) He handed a fruit basket to one of the guys from the Batiri. In response, the Batiri guy went under the ring, grabbed something in a big paper bag and happily gave it to Remington. Remington and Bryce looked into the bag and both recoiled with horrified disgust.

In an amazing throwback, he dusted that character off when he was on the first Jericho Cruise.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Would pro wrestling be better if more people wore capes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Tokelau All Star posted:

What's worse, getting chokeslammed straight to hell, or taking the Clothesline From Hell?

Chokelsam.

The Clothesline is merely fuelled by Hellish energy, whereas the Chokeslam will leave you in Hell proper.