Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

I don't care how bad Hogan and the Warrior objectively were - I marked like a six year old for that clip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

Now we know the many and varied occasions where WWE has hosed up on a wrestler that was supposedly was fool-proof and unfuckupable.

But has there been an instance of the opposite? Where WWE took someone who everybody thought was a charismaless lunk with no wrestling skill, and turned them into someone fun to watch.

Also given WCW also wasted multiple people, did they ever do the opposite.

It's not exactly what you're asking, but I'm not sure anyone who saw the promo videos for the New Day would have expected them to last six weeks, but here we are.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

Also wrestled as Ursa Minor in the Night Sky in Chikara.

That may be the greatest wrestling name of all time.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

a sock hidden in the wrestler's own pants

Two seperate socks, from Mankind and Santino Marella.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Very much not twins but the Killer Bees in the 80s used an early variant of Twin Magic when they were masked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Lily Catts posted:

What's the biggest pop to a surprise wrestler's entrance theme? (I'm more interested in the entrance theme than the wrestler themselves)

Cena's surprise return at the Rumble a few years ago, when everyone was convinced Big Show would be #30.