Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I don't keep up with NJPW religiously and I see people talk about how bad House of Torture sucks, can anyone give me a brief summary of who they are and why they suck poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Dr. Quarex posted:

I feel like I heard in this thread the entirely reasonable point that he probably does not want to share a literal locker room with C.M. Punk

If this is the case then double gently caress Punk. His rear end should have stayed retired.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

bartok posted:

What''s the match Stephen King is watching in Creepshow? It's clearly got Vince on commentary and I want to say it involves the Samoans and maybe Bob Backlund.

Backlund vs Afa as Samoan #1. At least that's what IMDB trivia says.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Probably Goldberg for me. Cena is Cena and Undertaker is probably the truest version of a WWE legend but Goldberg is a guy that was most popular 25 years ago and didn't even seem to mean much to the WWE.

I think this. The Fiend is dogshit but the way he was positioned he shouldn't be getting squashed Goldberg style.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Ice. Just plain ol' Ice.

Shortened from Ice Dagger of course.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Something I'd never wondered until just now, has David Arquette ever talked about how much if any training he was given for his segments/matches in WCW?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

When I think of a team where 2 of the 3 members are Justin Credible and X-Pac, Uncle Kracker just seems like a slam dunk choice.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

At the very least X-Pac won the cruiserweight belt or something. I remember him hanging with the group with some gold.

I look back a little more fondly on X-Pac but like, who the hell thought giving 2001 X-Pac his own team was a good idea?

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I figured Davey Boy rolled with the Kliq because he liked drugs a lot and so did they.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

My favorite Harley story whether it's true or not is when he turned down Vince's offer to no show... one of the Starrcades I think so Vince got mad and tried to shoot on him in a bathroom.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I always thought it was kinda weird when WWE used, "Cool for the Summer" for one of their Summer Slam shows.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Suleman posted:

Isis The Amazon, aka Aloisia, aka the wrestler who was fired and removed from the reality show version of NXT before the season started after erotic photos of her were spread online. 6'9'' or 204 cm.

Good lord. It looks like the camera tricks they used in Lord of the Rings.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but Golden Gloves is also just kinda who shows up for the tournament that time. You could always show up and run into a really weak field and just bulldoze it. Though there's a little footage of Mero boxing out there and he looked competent enough.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Didn't they turn Mosh into Beaver Cleavage pretty fast after Thrasher went out with the injury? Then I'm pretty sure they dropped it even faster but they actually explained that kinda.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Edge & Christian posted:

Thrasher went out with an injury in January 1999, and Mosh also disappeared from TV until May when they started the Beaver Cleavage vignettes. He had one match as Harry "Beaver" Cleavage before disappearing for another three weeks, ten returning to walk out of a backstage interview AS A SHOOT BRO, THIS IS LIVE AND NOT IN THE SCRIPT BRO.

On June 28, 1999: "Well, Michael Cole, all due respect to you and to the creative team of the World Wrestling Federation, I've been down gimmick alley before. I've been a Spider, I've been a Head Banger, I was a Sister of Love, and then I was Harry 'Beaver' Cleavage. Through the support of my girlfriend Marianna, she's convinced me to go out on my own and do what I've always wanted to do - become my own star here in the World Wrestling Federation. I'm Chaz, I'm a kid from New Jersey, I'm here to have fun and THAT'S what I'm gonna do." The following week he loses his match against Jeff Jarrett but Mosh runs out and makes the save! (Mosh doesn't wrestle until some house shows in September, so presumably he wasn't ready to go)

Chaz floats around jobbing on B/C shows for a couple of months until September where Marianna shows up with a black eye and there's a weird worked-shoot thing where everyone in the company is SUPER PISSED at Chaz for being a domestic abuser so wrestlers beat him up extra hard and refs intentionally gently caress him over and police keep coming in to re-arrest him, but by the first week of October Thrasher finds GTV footage of her applying domestic violence make-up in order to press false charges, which means she is guilty and sent to jail and never seen again. And the Headbangers were officially back, ready to beat Chris Jericho in their return match!

For anyone wondering, the domestic violence angle was started when Russo and Ferrera were still writing, and the GTV wrap-up aired on Heat the week after they jumped to WCW.

I appreciate this because the wiki was a little vague about when Thrasher went down and it makes it seem like they repackaged Mosh like, weeks later. I remember watching it at the time but my perception of timelines is kinda stretched.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Didn’t the Chaz/Marianna abuse angle run subsequent to Jeff Jarrett’s misogynist run where he would beat women in the ring?

Looking at Chaz's wiki and when the Good House Keeping match happened and... yep! Russo, you've done it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Sandman McMahon posted:

Hornswoggle and El Torito’s WeeLC match only got 3 stars which is an absolute crime. That was 4 stars, easily

God this. That's one of the last things I remember WWE doing that actually entertained me.