Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Are people running "roleplaying" fake Twitter accounts for wrestlers really just eFedding?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Has anyone ever done a tag match where each time has a limited number of tags?

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

I always wonder if Buchanan didn't deserve more. He was kind of like Boss Man in he was really big and still athletic although I don't think nearly as charismatic as Ray, which is why if the answer is 'not really' that's fine.

I never felt like he was underutilized in his role as heel ally to whatever heel needed an ally at the time, but I never got sick of him either.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Padding the video library is probably a big part.

It's a huge part. Eventually they want a Peacock style deal of their own, and long Darks and Elevations pad their "hours of content" number.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

is trevor murdoch seriously the nwa world champion

lololololol

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

karmicknight posted:

I mean, better him than Nick Aldis.

like, as people? did aldis get metooed? as wrestlers... ehhh

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Have Japanese wrestling crowds changed in the last thirty years, or was the "Japanese crowds are very quiet and polite during matches" made up bullshit?

They just pop and chant for very good wrestling, so all the western guys who couldn't work were like "Ahh, it can't be that I'm unexciting to them, it must just be that Japanese crowds are quiet and respectful in general"

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Before. Taylor was considered a guy with a bright future before Vince signed him too, and I believe he was offered the Mr.Perfect gimmick first, and said no.

So I guess Terry has always been an idiot.

I'm trying to imagine why you'd do this. "We're going to give you the gimmick that you're perfect, and the best at everything, always." Uhh, jeez Vince, I don't know, doesn't sound like I can get over with that...

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

If I'm a promoter and I get someone else's worker who still has the belt then I put them on and they say "This is the championship from the place I used to work and I'm going to put it straight in the... trophy case so I can preserve the important memories and legacy this title has for me" and there's a garbage can there but they carry it past the can and put it in the display space

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

That’s an extra factor that isn’t really there with an in-house song. No one has a preexisting opinion of the studio band.

I do but I'm a freak like that

Mikey Ruckus owns

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Numero6 posted:

Mark Madden.

It's him and it's not even close.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I'll say, I don't think anyone on the screen has done more damage to more wrestling over time than Michael Cole. Lots of people have been much worse, but Michael Cole makes every match he calls worse, and he's called more matches than almost anyone at this point, so the damage is incalculable.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Not a rhetorical question: Do you think there's anybody that WWE would have put in lead commentary where the outcome wouldn't be just as bad or worse? If so, who?

Someone from elsewhere in combat sports like Mauro or Goldberg.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

I like the matches Meltzer gives lots of snowflakes to, so it works for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Shamefully, the impetus for me stopping watching was merely the one full hour of Baron Corbin raw