Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

I loving love One Piece and the author has been straight up in saying the entire inspiration for it was thinking,"What would I have thought was super cool when I was like 10 years old?" and then making a manga based around that premise. It loving worked, and that kind of earnest "check this awesome poo poo out!" mindset is what made season 1 of Lucha Underground work so well in my opinion.

Which Straw Hat would be the best wrestler and why is it Franky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

Well he's a SUPERstar so it seems obvious, but the real answer is Usopp because he's the closest in spirit to Ryusuke Taguchi and Toru Yano. Also the really real REAL answer is Minoru Suzuki.

Usopp lost a loser leaves town match and got his spot snagged by Sogeking, he’s a jabroni

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Sanji complains about inter gender wrestling online

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Jerusalem posted:

No, it was early in Rey's WWE run so it would have been around 2002 when Kurt still had hair. You're thinking of bald Kurt.

Which also reminds me of Kurt wearing a wig under an amateur wrestling helmet and insisting his hair had grown back after he lost a hair vs. hair match :allears:

Must have been a good wig, Rey didn’t debut for a couple months after the hair match.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Notable good matches:
Macho Man vs Ultimate Warrior Mania 7
Benoit vs Angle Royal Rumble 03
The Shield vs The Wyatts Elimination Chamber 14

And of course, Triple H vs HBK in Hell in a Cell at Bad Blood 2004

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Chris Masters ripped a tree out of the ground to rescue his mother from an arsonist

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It does lead to fun things like Eddie murdering Rey with a powerbomb

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

It’s not Cena’s fault he was stronger and more resilient than all his chump rear end contemporaries

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Deathlove posted:

the unenviable position of having to defend CHIKARA :negative:

Easy defense, a CHIKARA guy won RotY 2009

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Tough year baybee

Frightmare is good though, or he was I dunno

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

You know how there’s the John MorrisonKofi Kingston “Royal Rumble” spot?

Can anybody set me up with the longest transition from leaving their feet and being the “deliverer” of a DDT? I’m looking for that Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 chain-move revert-into-manual-into-grind-into-caveman bullshit.

I could swear I’ve seen someone do a deja vu ddt but I can’t seem to find it

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Benne posted:

Is there a complete list of who played all the ants?

Cassidy was Fire, Drew Gulak was Soldier, Green/Silver was Tracy Williams I think? I don’t know that the rest ever became names.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Also around the same time I remember them bringing in a ~50-year-old Finlay who got a decent push (and at least a US title reign, if I recall). So bizarre.

I remember this lmao

That was one of the few good things they did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

E: way late