Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

davidbix posted:

As much as there are a lot of bad faith criticisms of Riho out there, it's absolutely true that it's too common for her offense—especially striking—to look like it doesn't have any weight behind it. She's shown an ability to adapt, but it's still something she needs to work on.

I dont get this. She winds up big then looks like she throws her whole body behind her clubbing forearms. Same with her knee strikes. Her diving foot stomp looks painful. Drop kick isn't great but its not bad. 619 aint great but even with that she normally looks like she is landing with her knees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

smikey posted:

Riho's tiger feint kick looks like she's slowing way down because she's afraid of braining someone, it's one of her slowest moves. I think her forearm shots look great as she's winding up big but also doing them fast, a lot of wrestler's strikes don't have any snap to them, while Riho's look like she's slamming the flattest part of her ulna into her opponent's neck with as much force as she can muster as fast as she can.

yeah. her forearms are just great. even from awkward positions like fighting on the turnbuckle she makes them look good

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1179894197765246977

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

smikey posted:

She clearly needs to start busting people open hardway with her sharpened elbows, like an MMA fighter

edit: only once or twice over six months, not every match

they gotta recreate the brock/orton angle but with riho and uhhhh yuka?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

are there any women who wrestler for aew who do the scorpion deathlock that riho can shoot kick in their face?

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

ryo mizunami has a good spear

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

SatoshiMiwa posted:

This reminds me that in the 80's with the AJW relationship the WWE had not only did we see the Jumping Bomb Angels do WWF tours we also had the Crush Gals and Dump Matsumoto/Bull Nakano as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy4ZuNySb5o

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Inspired by the Dumb wrestling opinions thread - what are the best Miz matches? Not including MitB or other clusterfuck matches I can really only recall his one match with Daniel Bryan from 2010 or 2011 being really great. I think there was a match with Ziggler at one point too that people raved about. Anything else stand out?

There is a match he had with wade barret from a random raw that was actually pretty drat good

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wasn't it Miz's fault that Barrett had to save a dive to nowhere and ended up getting injured

Wasn’t in this match. There is a hosed up neckbreaker spot though. Still a much better match than I expect from the miz

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

doesnt ishii and okada do it in their g1 match from 2016 I think? I remember because people freaked out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

apophenium posted:

Why's he look so pissed all the time?
stoicism