Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

So I read the story of Titus o Neil getting suspended for touching Vince’s arm and I got to thinking about who got pushed and how kofi was treated - is there enough evidence out there to say that Vince is a closeted racist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

watching a compilation of fan run ins today got me thinking, if somebody runs in the ring (be they mentally ill or not) and a wrestler injures them - does the wrestler open themself up to legal action or is it self defense ?

When the NWO formed Scott hall looks like he kicks the face off a fan

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What is considered Dlo brown’s best match?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I often wonder if the the foreign announce team has a heel/face dynamic like JR and King had during the attitude era

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

How did wcw address Benoit jumping with their world championship?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What was Crash Hollys finishing move?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I saw a Japanese death match in which two of the competitors were dressed as c3po and R2D2 - was this some kind of fever dream?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Settle a bet for me - would ECW have been more or less successful if the internet was as accessible as it as now?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I think the tribalism we see with aew and nxt would have been worse with a rabid ecw fanbase and sites like YouTube would have probably gotten the word out easier - that said an at-the-time Shane Douglas Twitter would have been cringe

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Remembering New Jack and wanting to revisit his work - what would you say is his best match?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

How many aew wrestlers have second jobs in the company? I hear that leva Bates organises travel and obviously QT is a trainer but who else?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Can you get the new Jericho book as an ebook? I don’t like to but physical books where I can

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Which wrestlers are considered out and out good people in the industry? Like, zero sleaze or people ragging on them

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What our potential MOTY candidates from AEW and WWE so far this year?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What is the point of dark/elevation?

It costs money to make, it features a load of nothing matches and the YT views pale in comparison to TV - All it seems to be is squash matches like a HEAT or JAKKED back in the day

i understand it allows talent to get experience but to me I just don't see the point when they work outside of AEW

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Who has been "released from the company" officially since AEW began?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

why did Paul Heyman stop commentating? He's mostly seen as the apex announcer with JR?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

if AEW doesn't have CM Punk on tv next week, how bad would it hurt the company?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Kennel posted:

What are my legal options to watch AEW in Finland?

I don't think they've sold the local rights to anyone, so they're probably same as any other [generic EU country].

Is the Fite.tv app an option? I just AEW+ and that means I can watch the Dynamite and Rampage shows the next day in good quality

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What are the lyrics to the attitude era Raw theme? I have heard it 100s of times and I still have no idea

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Can the failure of Tna be put squarely at Hogan and Russo’s door?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Did Warrior University produce anybody of note?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Who was the last success story of the WWE? I don’t think they have completely built a ‘successful’ wrestler since the miz?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

From the current roster, you can make arguments for (using the bare minimum definition of "success" as "is on Raw or Smackdown") with the Miz debuting on the main roster in 2006, and counting OVW/FCW:

Alexa Bliss
Angelo Dawkins
Bianca Belair
Big E
Commander Azeez
Chad Gable
Charlotte Flair
Carmella
Dana Brooke
Dominik Mysterio
Eva Marie
Happy Corbin
Jey Uso
Jimmy Uso
Liv Morgan
Mandy Rose
Montez Ford
Naomi
Nia Jax
Omos
Reginald
Riddick Moss
Roman Reigns
Titus O'Neil
It’s hard to ignore many of those came from wrestling families - heck 3 are related to the rock!

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Vandar posted:

What's your criteria for successful?

Let’s use the WWE metric and say ‘needle movers’ or at least competent main eventers like Roman Reigns

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

When did smackdown replace raw as the main A WWE show?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Settle a bet for me - if Speaking out hadn’t happened, Chikara would be AEWs feeder fed and Quakenbush would have a trainer role

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What ever happened to Joey Styles? Is he out the biz now?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What are the biggest stories not yet covered by the ‘dark side of the ring’ that would make great episodes?

I’ll kick off - the women of ECW

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What was the wcw angle that had Rey lose his mask? Was it any good?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What is the best example of nuclear crowd heat?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Has the wwe ever officially admitted it sweetens or fakes crowd noise?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What is Sabu’s best match?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What has caused this insane ‘us vs them’ mentality between AEW and WWE fans? Some of the things I see posted border mental illness

I get people are passionate but not to this level :/

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I would love to hear some experiences with betting on wrestling - if you follow this as closely as I imagine we mostly do it seems like a daily easy thing to win at surely? That said I remember a guy betting his home on an undertaker WM match the year he lost to lesner

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I have a question and it’s probably a dumb one - AEW has a booted roster of signed people they pay but don’t wrestle but dark and elevations are full of what is clearly jobber matches with no-namers who aren’t signed

Why not book dark and elevation with these people - bring more eyes to the web shows, they can be as long as they like as it’s online and everybody is used

Sure there’s an obvious reason I am missing

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

I don’t understand the Ali situation - is it legal to deny an employee/contractor the right to leave a job?

Legitimately what is the worse that could happen if he showed up on dynamite this week?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

What’s the longest a main roster wrestler lasted being off tv before being released? Is it still JTG?

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Has big show ever spoken out of character about the absurd bossman funeral segment?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Will Khan have to redo all the music for ROHs tape library because they never licensed the tracks?