Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Has anyone here gone to a 3-2-1 Battle! show in Seattle and if so what's the parking situation like if you're coming in from out of town?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Punch McLightning posted:

On a related note: how do I watch 3-2-1 Battle! online?

https://www.twitch.tv/321battle
They stream live and it looks like the archives don't require a subscription or anything, but I'm not sure where you might see things further back than what twitch archives. I've only watched one show so far but I think I'll try and keep up going forward, it was pretty fun. Production values ain't the highest but they do have more than one camera so I've put up with worse.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Where does Puma King normally wrestle? I'm curious if the Ironman Heavymetalweight Championship might find its way onto Kenny to travel back to Japan in November.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

https://streamable.com/k35he

This doesn't include any surrounding context but apparently he was scoffing at Chavo saying something along the lines of "The big dog's gotta eat".

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

fez_machine posted:

What's an offer match?

My understanding is that it's a match showcasing talent from a different brand/show/promotion.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

It's not bound to one promotion, but Kyoto's KBS Hall is gorgeous. Wrestling in front of the giant stained glass gives everything a very dramatic feel.

One thing I've really enjoyed since getting into Japanese wrestling is how distinctive Korakuen is and how long its history is. It's fun to be able to get a feel for the space and watch people 20 years ago taking bumps on the same parquet floor they're getting slammed on today.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Maki Itoh and Saki Akai both do theatre, though I'm not sure how much it predates them being wrestlers.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Yukaichiban posted:

Interested in this but felt it isn't thread worthy; if wrestling died tomorrow and we knew it was happening in some weird hypothetical, what do you want the final wrestling match ever to be?

Maki Itoh vs. Minoru Suzuki.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

extradite THIS! posted:

DDT’s service gets you both DDT and Tokyo Joshi Pro. I’d say that has to be one of the best deals out there in the pro wrassles streaming world

DDT Universe will also get you Noah content, so it's an even better deal than it used to be.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

I've seen a few times in DDT where they do a comedy bit of having wrestlers bonk heads and then swap wrestling styles.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

That's Tokyo Go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53yj4hU56NA

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Has Billy Gunn had any references to "rear end"/"Mr. rear end"/the concept of "rear end" while in AEW?

He was entranced by Sonny Kiss during a battle royal in the early days, and incensed when MJF eliminated Sonny.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Zombie Lemur posted:

I guess it depends on how it looks. Strikes can be pretty nasty.

I really just want to see someone terrorizing people with an abdominal stretch I guess.

She wins so rarely I could hardly call it "terrorizing", but TJPW's Moka Miyamoto has won a few matches with a variation on the abdominal stretch.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

He did a sharpshooter!

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Sex Farm posted:

Is there like a top 5 of greatest "wrestler steals the opponent's finisher" moments? I always popped for that as a kid. The disrespect!

The Young Bucks hitting the Golden Trigger on Kenny Omega always stands out to me. That match was so drat good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Trying to translate the figure four leglock to arms at strictly as I can, I guess it would be something like this?