Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
is Mr. Perfect the closest a surprise Rumble entrant ever got to actually winning it? he was in like the last three, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

did bruce prichard ever actually work a match that wasn't a battle royal? I was watching the gimmick battle royal and he does worked stomps and elbows and punches and they look surprisingly good

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Are there any other wrestling Youtube/Video content providers other than Botchamania or BDWJ1989 worth checking out?

Nobodies Watching Wrestling, drag queens reviewing wrestling

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

is the "wild, flailing arms to the back that dont even connect" style of pro wrestling beatdown mandated by WWE? It looks loving embarrassing and exposes the business more than any flip or no-sell

I have to imagine it's a Vince thing because I think any wrestler would realize that putting the boots to someone looks and works better 95 percent of the time

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Why does New Japan have the hard cam set up to face the entrance ramp where the fewest fans are visible? It seems like you'd ideally want an animated crowd as the background for the ring yet in a lot of their arenas they do it this way.

same reason they didn't move all the fans to the hardcam side and tarp off sections in dallas. They don't really care.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

is there video of inoki trying to shoot on bruno sammartino and make him submit? here's Bruno talking about it:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiDmHi79R-U&t=108s

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

does a good ernest miller match exist?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

lance storm vs ernest miller on thunder is online so I watched it, i think it might be the closest thing to a good match. Lance about kills himself trying to get him over

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

shiksa posted:

theyre hoping that fox will briefly put them in a more mainstream position so they're trying to make facsimiles of the attitude era because it is the only way they know how to appeal to people

kind of like when tna just signed a bunch of late 90s stars because "names from the attitude era" was the only wrestling thing that jogged anyone's brain.

has there ever been a time period where WWE hasn't treated their fanbase and the general public like barely-functioning idiots

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

IceAgeComing posted:

the correct opinion btw is that it’s a company with a lot of good wrestlers that books main events that go on too long

oh and elp and sanada both stink

I hate SANADA matches but everyone here loves him and i respect that. he is handsome but he'd be hotter if he didnt have facial paralysis

Phantasmo owns however

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

is there a consensus on who has worked the most matches? Adrian Street claimed to have done between 12k and 15k matches

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

ShootaBoy posted:

You'd probably need to figure out a cutoff for "working" otherwise it'll be some ancient lucha dude that gets in the ring for one punch per multiman tag.

I think that still counts. You're in a ring as a legal participant, as long as you actually tag in and give offense/take a bump I don't see why it wouldn't count.

But the leader as far as exclusively singles matches would be interesting. I would think that Lawler would be up there in that category but I could be talking out of my rear end

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

what's the best strap match of all time?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

oh but seriously I posted:

IS ERIC BISCHOFF IN TALKS WITH YOKOZUNA??! ***CLICK HERE FOR MORE***

Yoko in WCW would've been pretty dope honestly if he kept losing weight

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

what's going on with ICW these days? i kept up with it and PROGRESS like three years ago when the scene was hot before the NXT UK deal. i remember hearing talk that they might have to shut down since lionheart died

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

what's the oldest really good lucha match that's actually on tape? So much of that stuff seems just completely wiped out or not recorded at all

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has Michael Cole ever had a "career defining" call? JR has several, especially Mankind/Taker HiaC.

He's a damned good professional, shown especially when Lawler had that heart attack live on TV but I don't know if he's had anything like JR.

i mean "The streak... is over" is pretty career defining.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

ultimo dragon has to be up there as far as quality of trainees.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

does anyone do the rikishi spike piledriver anymore? I've always thought it was such a sick move

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Davros1 posted:

Before, but when Rikishi did it, no one was ever in danger of having their head hit the mat.

Yeah, that's the thing. I think it would be literally impossible for anyone to spike themselves if Rikishi was giving it, his rear end and thighs added like a foot of space between their head and the mat. really a genius spot imo.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

What's the origin of the use of the Dr. honorific in lucha libre?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

Who are some of the "loudest" sellers?

I can't say if he's the best but I always remember how vocal of a performer Lex Luger ws. I know it's him from his very distinct grunts of pain.

jericho used to be like that but he shut up over the past like decade or so.

just watch the jericho/wild pegasus match from WAR that's on youtube, where Jericho just screams for his loving life while Benoit beats the absolute poo poo out of him

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

how come shawn michaels never gets poo poo for not drawing money in the 90s?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

would it really have been that difficult to just use a new finish instead of an elbow drop? Maybe you could bust it out for really, really big matches

same thing with hogan, he continued to completely destroy his body with leg drops when he could've just switched to the axe bomber or something

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

has there ever been anything said on WWE television that's funnier than "BIG UPS to my boys limp bizkit"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

what's the best match Big Show has ever had?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Ganso Bomb posted:

I remember this being very fun but don't want to chance it by going back and watching it now

i just watched it and i thought it was really good. the story of the match is basically flair trying to repeatedly punch big show in the balls and get as many weapons as possible because he's an old man that could get murdered in seconds by the obese monster champion. good stuff

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

what does "nature boy" even mean? i've never thought about it before

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

isn't the story that Patterson would basically get everyone in a room and meticulously craft every entry and exit and spot?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Bad Wolf posted:

For actual dumbest elimination, I'm going with Mil Mascaras, who also jumped over the ropes himself, because in his shoot mind, the only wrestler legendary enough to eliminate Mil Mascaras, was Mil Mascaras

and he was right

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Have there been any good 2 vs 2 elimination tags?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

has alberto el patron ever had a great match?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

the answer is that Ibushi is an extremely gifted striker, and Okada is the greatest worker of all time

90 percent of it is in Okada's selling of every punch, which is theatrical while still remaining completely realistic

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

shiksa posted:

so I didnt realize that the hair in the jushin liger costume was fake and sewn in until like two years ago. this wasnt always the case, right? anyone know when ligers hair became more costume than man?

i thought it was always like that. even in WCW it looked like a wig.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

is it true that the NOAH announcers made fun of Samoa Joe and thought he was a comedy act because he kept doing King's Road moves in his match against Misawa

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Why does Curt Hawkins carry a staff around?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Was Batista a draw?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

did blue meanie ever have a good match?

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

what's the bigger failure, the Performance Center or the Power Plant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

Cavauro posted:

i just found out paul wight was minimally trained and didn't really do any of it at the power plant. I was certain he came from there. sorry for lying.

I forgive you