Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Low Desert Punk posted:

what is everyone's single favorite chop? not chop sequence, one chop

From last thread but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs5GgFA_8bw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Schneider Heim posted:

Could anyone tell me more about Bob Sapp? I understand that he became quite popular in Japan... was he legit good? He mostly looked goofy to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dCNym6sO3E

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Drew McIntyre posted:

who has the best rear end in wrestling? would you guys be interested in having a Best Wrestling rear end voting tournament? please nominate people for the upcoming tournament.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Since we're on the subject; actually funny wrestling skits/matches? Kurt had a lot of good stuff if we're being honest.

https://www.veoh.com/watch/v18098980mCjnb74W

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Cavauro posted:

what is the heaviest tag team that could be made, in all of wrestling history? they have to have worked a match before. is cheex in there? who else is on there, or who all is on there if cheex isn't on there. yokozuna at max weight and cheex? is this the answer that i made and don't need to post this? i remember someone who couldn't really move but they were able to roll into the ring and stand up which was enough apparently. that might have been two guys actually, already in a tag team. i can't remember

Big E and Big R Shimizu.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Price Check posted:

I've been thinking about Kenny Omega's IWGP reign and the perception that many fans thought that it was disappointing/underwhelming (not saying all - if you loved it, that's great. But many didn't). And yet it started with one of the greatest matches of all time and ended with one of the greatest matches of all time.

Has any champion had a similar trajectory? Starts AND ends the reign with amazing high points but the actual reign itself is looked at in a negative or mediocre light.

I liked it a lot, but YAMATO's last Dream Gate run in Dragon Gate was like that for a lot of people. Went on too long, people were generally more into his opponents winning, and for a lot of western fans, YAMATO's "Main Event Singles Match" has a lot of long drawn out stuff they don't like. But the match where he beat Shingo for the title was perfect, and his match where he dropped it to Masaaki Mochizuki was amazing.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

WWE should get that CEO from Goldman Sachs who is a trance DJ on the weekends.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Custard Undies posted:

Was it John Morrison that break danced into a pile of streamers? Or another wrestler.

Thats what I always think of when I hear talk about streamers being thrown into the ring.

Dragon Kid would do that before Korakuen banned streamers for whatever reason.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

Is this the most pathetic stable in wrestling history? (I'm not counting Norton because anything with Norton is automatically the tremendous thing in wrestling).

I'd say Dragon Gate's Deep Drunkers or Antias. DD was incredibly weak, had zero credible main eventers in the group, and nobody cared about them, which was a problem as they were the main heel faction in the company at the time. At least they had a sick theme song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwBbrlkw2jI

Antias was a short lived stop gap between the two amazing heel factions of Verserk and current top heel faction in Dragon Gate R.E.D. Antias was really weird. Verserk was formed by three of the company's top stars of Shingo Takagi, Naruki Doi, and YAMATO, who held the top belt and the tag belts when it formed, but by the time Antias came around, Doi and YAMATO had turned face, and Shingo randomly cut a promo where he declared he was going to be taking a back seat to "the younger guys" which meant T-Hawk, Eita, and El Lindaman. T-Hawk was... not over and in no position to be the top heel in the company, and both Eita and El Lindaman had been cut of multiple times at the altar of T-Hawk's failed push prior to this. So the faction that was supposed to be the main heel group had no heat and no real credibility because nobody was into T-Hawk as a top guy and it felt forced as hell. This all culminated like a month into Antias' run where Doi and YAMATO cut a promo on the group complaining about the dumb new name after they had worked so hard to come up with a cool name like Verserk. T-Hawk responded by cutting a promo where he repeatedly referred to Antias as Verserk, each time to derisive laughter from the crowd, which pretty much killed any potential the unit had dead. Antias died a quick death a couple months later when T-Hawk and El Lindaman left Dragon Gate with CIMA and Shingo announced he was leaving shortly after, leading to Eita taking over and turning the group into the for more successful R.E.D.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Probably someone in the Dragon Gate dojo. Of guys currently being featured, Kota Minoura and Dragon Dia are working very hard to make a name for themselves.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Here's the opposite end of the question:

What's a move you wish everyone would steal?

Give every power guy the Muscular Bomb. Also everyone should do elaborate lucha pins.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Benne posted:

By the time WCW died he was totally burnt out on wrestling and wanted out of the business

If I remember correctly, WCW would routinely not telling what would be happening that night so he was left trying to explain 2000/01 Nitros live with zero direction, which would burn anyone out, I imagine.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Xerzes posted:

Disco Inferno

My favorite Disco match is at the Toryumon vs. T2P show in 2002 where he teamed up with Magnum Tokyo because they were both dancing gimmicks and he looked completely lost trying to keep up with a Toryumon six-man spotfest.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Dragon Storm and all the variants Dragon Gate has used throughout the years is the hypest theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3O6Qyqsjcg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H21IXzVYBR4

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Triple H trying to leech off of Motorhead's coolness in the age of nu-metal was one of those laughably lame boomer metalhead things that makes up Triple H's entire aesthetic. Half expect him to look directly to the camera and ask me if I've ever heard of this obscure band called Testament.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

El Gallinero Gros posted:

The US title match where he defends against Bryan.

I like that one because for SOME reason Miz breaks out a bunch of Nigel McGuinness spots he's never done before or since.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

bartok posted:

That must be why Bray Wyatt's only good singles match was against Daniel Bryan.

Bryan is a bastard because he tricked me into thinking Bray was a good wrestler. Thankfully John Cena was there to bury him and show me the truth.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

MassRafTer posted:

Cena had a better match with Bray than Bryan! The stairs spot in their last man standing match is an all timer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rkTHA6bYKA

Hell yeah!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

LionYeti posted:

So I love so bad its hilarious stuff. What are some really bad matches that go all the way around and become amazing. I'd prefer not heroes of wrestling/old guy lucha matches where the participants can barely move and it makes the viewer sad.

James Storm and Chris Harris have a blindfold cage match where the blindfolds keep falling off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Corfl44XvnI

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Ganso Bomb always looks like a botch.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

The Lord of Hats posted:

What wrestler has been in the most promotions? I ask because as I watch various wrestling history youtube stuff, it feels like Chavo Guerrero has been loving everywhere, even in that brief TNA promotion in India. Is there someone who's bounced around even more than that?

Has anyone said Colt Cabana? Dude has been in like, every indy ever.

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=2&nr=994&page=20

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Has there ever been a good lumberjack match?

YAMATO and KAI had a really fun No Ropes lumberjack match earlier this year in Dragon Gate.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Eat My Fuc posted:

what are some wrestling related books you’d be interested in reading that aren’t currently available for sale, subjects, concepts, book styles etc?

Huge Robert Caro-level bios on Vince and Inoki.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Naruki Doi and Hirooki Goto showed up as two goons in the Japanese miniseries CRISIS.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Defenestrategy posted:

Whats the quickest alignment flip that doesn't belong to Big Show? Who if I remember right, was a heel, went face, then went back heel in the span of a show?

In the 2016 Dead or Alive cage match in Dragon Gate, Naruki Doi and his heel tag partner YAMATO turned face at the beginning of the match only for him to turn heel and betray YAMATO at the end of the match, so like, 20 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Lily Catts posted:

Who are/were notable wrestlers who were known as undercarders/midcarders but over time (in years) worked their way into being main eventers and top champions even? I'm guessing JBL counts, for better or for worse? Edge also seemed to be a midcarder but became a legit main eventer as well. People who were clearly destined for the main event spot don't count.

Kzy spent years in Dragon Gate as the resident loss post for the heel unit until he joined Dia.hearts and started building himself up there and after the unit disbanded. His push up the card coincided with Tozawa leaving and he was able to be slotted almost seamlessly into Tozawa's old position on the card.