Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
The HBK vs Undertaker HIAC match getting 5* feels a bit egregious when their Mania matches didn't despite them probably being better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

Eat My Fuc posted:

Sid's mournful cry over his car Goldberg crushed (I think) is one of the funniest things I ever seen.

"WHY ME?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN9fHMY76io

some of these comments are killing me, "Wanna play 21?"

Another highlight from the comments

"Sid is twice the man you are, and has half the car that you do!"

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

Terry is a Highlander

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Who's the biggest name that started off as absolute bottom tier garbage but eventually became huge? Someone's gotta have gone from David Flair to any WWE headliner level.

There's always been stories about how much Hogan knew about the business when he started, including one about someone breaking his leg that is almost certainly a lie. I'd love to see his first matches.

The Rock going from getting "die Rocky die" chants to being one of the biggest stars in the entire history of the sport

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

Are the Bushwhackers/Sheep Herders the only people to have a 5 star match and a minus 5 star match?

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

I think Tony was up for head booker in WCW at one point but ended up getting overlooked for Bischoff after which he just completely lost interest in the product

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

Cavauro posted:

forbidden door 2 battle

That man is a living Rob Liefeld drawing

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

How did Vickie Guerrero go from being Eddie's widow to being one of the biggest heels in the WWE? I wasn't watching wrestling at the time so I missed the storyline

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

Lily Catts posted:

Has there ever been a highly-rated (4 stars or above) pre-show match? Something that makes you think you got your money's worth even before the actual show has even started.

Danielson vs Minoru Suzuki was technically on a webcast preshow to an episode of Rampage and was one of the best matches of the year (I think Dave gave it 4.75)

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

Defenestrategy posted:

In hindsight the fact they pulled the trigger on the turn was weird

iirc Adam Cole had the concussion from forbidden door in June that shelved him, Kyle had also been injured in the same month and would later get neck surgery in September, that leaves bob fish as the only member of the undisputed elite known to be healthy so they decide to have the undisputed beat down the bucks on august 4th? Which doesn't make sense to me because at best you're left with bob fish until adam cole comes back concussion healed.

I imagine they did it because they needed a way to turn the Young Bucks face before Kenny's return

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

edogawa rando posted:

Which then led to pondering other sliding doors moments in wrestling. The Montreal Screwjob is another obvious one, but what are some other events where a change in outcome could have had a seismic effect on this stupid industry?

Stone Cold's career has quite a few moments like this, not just the aforementioned Montreal Screwjob leading to the creation of Mr McMahon but him also not originally being booked to win the King of the Rong where we cut the Austin 3:16 promo. Also wonder how long HBK would have tolerated Austin on top if he hadn't broken his back