Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Red Shoes v. Bullet Club is an ongoing storyline that has never failed to entertain me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Sting vs HHH was extremely overbooked

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

ChrisBTY posted:

Alternately it was booked just right because I don't think a straight-up match between the two would have been very good.
Shame how it was overbooked.
THE BIG VINCE AM WINNING AGAIN! I AM THE GREETEST

NOW I WILL JOB OUT FAN FAVORITES FOR NO RAISIN

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

DDT Universe is your one-stop shop for all things ayayayayayayayayay

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I don't know the actual answer but I bet part of it is that Davey is incredibly unlikeable in general

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I assume that Yuna Manase was not meant to win the TJPW International title but they audibled to it when Natsumi Maki tore her knee to shreds.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

WWE wants the prestige of having "good" writers but they don't listen to any of their ideas, routinely jerk them around at all hours day and night on Vince's maniacal whims, and let them go when they need a scapegoat for an angle not working that they had no input on.

And if they luck into a fan of the product they just call them marks and humiliate them or make them big fat oiled up joke characters on screen or whatever.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Juice also entered the dojo system voluntarily so he's considered one of their own moreso than your average gaijin.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Ishii already fills the role just fine

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Cobb has one of the best finishers in the business right now.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

There was a period of time where Jarrett would take some unreal amount of punishment and then win with a single Stroke so all of those

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Mayu Iwatani recently had something like that come up where she was saying something to the effect of "Even though Arisa had to retire, I know STARS (her faction) will be in good hands for a long time" and it got translated as if she was nearing the end of her career when really she's just a clumsy dork who was trying to put over the young talent in STARDOM.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

didn't TNA do that to be lovely as well

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yeah that period seemed like they couldn't find something they liked the look of on TV or wasn't instantly recognizable. Winged Eagle obviously was.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jay also has a great ability to get way over his own skis striking with someone like ZSJ does.

Any time you put him with Ibushi or Tanahashi he really shows it off.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I reckon they are all extremely confused when they are never nominated for an emmy

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

MassRafTer posted:

They've tried really hard to get nominated the last couple years.

Man. Imagine what "not trying hard to get nominated for an emmy" looks like out of these clowns

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Aesop Poprock posted:

What is good wrestling to watch recently? I’m so out of the loop. AEW and NXT both seem to suck

Depending on how you feel about joshi wrestling TJPW and Gatoh Move are both running shows that are super fun. Gatoh Move's is free on Youtube just about every day.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

As I understand it, nobody has any idea who's wrestling who until they get to the venue and see it written on a big white board.

And of course, nobody has any idea what the show's format is going to be until the drat thing goes live, because Vince McMahon is a crazy person.

With that knowledge, how can anyone do anything other than keep showing up day after day, hoping to see their name on that stupid white board?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByO5l00uxKY

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

CobiWann posted:

This is more of a "refresh my memory" question, but how did WWE try to transfer the "YES" chant to the Big Show?

They had him come out and do a "send Daniel your love" promo and then filmed the reaction and edited it.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Why did he chose the name Horace, especially when he started as Horace Boulder

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

She still has a plate in her jaw, which is why she started training specifically for bodybuilding competitions.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I made a joke in a different thread that how has me curious

How often has WWE used a Wrestlemania match as the inexplicable middle of a feud instead of the start or end?

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Gavok posted:

Just from the first twenty years of stuff...

- WM3: Hogan vs. Andre led to a break, but the feud picked back up months later to set up Andre's title win and the WM4 tournament.

- WM4: The finals of the tournament set up Summerslam's main event of Hogan/Savage vs. Andre/Dibiase.

- WM5: Hogan vs. Savage continued thanks to the Zeus thing and didn't truly conclude until No Holds Barred: The Movie, the Match.

- WM7: British Bulldog vs. Warlord happened in some form in all 5 PPVs in 1991.

- WM7: Virgil vs. Dibiase ended with a countout so they could have Virgil win the Million Dollar Belt at Summerslam and Dibiase could win it back a few months after.

- WM7: Even though Hogan beat Slaughter for the belt, they filmed a post-show angle where Hogan returned to his dressing room to be greeted by a fireball to the face. The feud ended at Summerslam.

- WM8: Randy Savage vs. Ric Flair kept going on until Survivor Series.

- WM9: Undertaker finally got a real win over Giant Gonzalez at Summerslam.

- WM10: The whole thing was about building on the Bret vs. Owen feud, which went on until... man, I don't even remember.

- WM11: Undertaker vs. King Kong Bundy was more about Undertaker feuding with the Corporation. That came to an end when he defeated Kama at Summerslam.

- WM13: Hart vs. Austin continued up until Owen accidentally injured Austin at Summerslam.

- WM13: Even though Ahmed Johnson and LOD beat the Nation of Domination, Ahmed simply could not get away from that feud until his self-injuring behavior drove him into obscurity.

- WM14: Undertaker vs. Kane. I mean, come on.

- WM16: Triple H became the first heel to win the main event of WM, meaning that Rock wouldn't get his top face coronation win until the next PPV.

- WM17: I'll be charitable and call Austin/Rock the "beginning" of the actual feud, but Vince vs. Shane was what WWF vs. WCW was partially framed as.

- WM18: Triple H vs. Jericho continued on into a Hell in a Cell match.

- WM19: Hogan vs. Vince kept going and going in the form of the Mr. America angle.

- WM19: Michael vs. Jericho's post-match had Jericho kick Michaels in the balls and the two kept feuding.

- WM20: Rock 'n' Sock vs. Evolution was just a high-profile bullet point in the Foley/Orton feud.

- WM20: Benoit continued to have matches against Triple H. Even when he dropped the belt to Orton, it was still about Triple H.

lmao fuckin WWF/E

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The gimmick they hang the belts on nowadays is literally a huge brass ring with a WWE logo on it

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

DeathChicken posted:

I definitely remember Ron and Fez. What a strange story poor Fez had, pretending to be over the top gay for years and finally realizing "Wait, I am actually gay"

Fezzie seems happy and content in his retirement at least. Still keeps having to go get stents put in, though

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

One of the things WWE 1995 had going for it is that Bret Hart was putting on ridiculously good matches basically every time out, despite how bad the rest of the company was.

Every so often I'll see an old match and be reminded just how unbelievably great he was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Jinder was extremely terrible. They strapped a rocket to him and had him beat a bunch of names in about a month after a lifetime of jobbing, and then never had him win anything clean.

Then when they decided they didn't need him anymore, he lost the belt and went right back to extreme jobberhood, including losing to HHH in India and bowing to him after.