Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Cavauro posted:

the most dangerous move is running into the ropes not knowing what to do when you get there, especially if they aren't wwe-style and they're just deadly elevator cables or something with a thin layer of rubber ontop

someone post enzo knocking himself out running the ropes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Stevie's best moment, you all know what this is but posting it anyways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj1ScIBpUq0

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Aesop Poprock posted:

Austin gave him his blessing as long as he did it right

Why does he keep doing it still then?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

this came up somewhere else, but it turns out Tyson Fury is actually the Lineal Brawl 4 all champ, getting it from Wlad. Klitshcko (not Mcgregor/Mayweather). Kinda funny it came back home

edit: https://thecomeback.com/boxing/conor-mcgregor-not-defending-wwe-brawl-title-wladimir-klitschko.html

Hirez fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Oct 12, 2019

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I'm glad his stupid dumb leg drop ruined his body or whatever because gently caress i hated how powerful that move was a kid; it's so loving lame

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

He also killed the Benoits

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

CM Punk is the real shitman

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

STONE COLD 64 posted:

i was watching an old roh dvd (ring of homicide 2) and saw daizee haze vs billie kay. this was over 11 years ago. who are some other wrestlers that had some pretty obscure beginnings in semi major feds (roh, pwg, tna, etc) that wound up later getting a wwe main roster spot?

I ended up on a CZW wiki page; and I was shocked at how many current WWE/AEW wrestlers were champs or had big runs there... I mean Lio Rush? Candice LaRae? Chris Hero? Gulak? MJF? There were so many

Hirez fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Dec 14, 2019

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

nope had no idea; I really haven't paid attention to the indy scene ever and esp not czw except from hearing the insane poo poo done their; so when I'm reading a random page about current wrestlers names (like lio and like roderick strong) I'm like wtf; like I guess maybe I just assumed CZW was kinda its own deathmatch orientated wresters thing, but I guess they have regular matches to? again never really paid attention to it cept from like the vice doc and insane spots

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

heh drat thats like a takeover card :P Hell I saw all 4 of these at Takeover Toronto this summer

I didn't know about any of these in CZW Adam Cole (w/Mia Yim) defeats Johnny Gargano and Kyle O'Reilly (10:59)

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

lol

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

they have a dojo? I thought it'd be more like a junkyard

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Lamuella posted:

A friend of mine lived in Ohio in the mid 2000s and was a fan of local indies like HWA and NWF. There was a guy on their cards who was talented for an undercard dude but who just could not string any meaningful wins together, something the crowd mocked him for. As someone yelled at one show:

"oh, Moxley, will you ever win?"

and they were right until he left the WWE

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Resident Idiot posted:

I don't care how bad Hogan and the Warrior objectively were - I marked like a six year old for that clip.

same. also just lol that the finish to the WM main event is a missed leg drop by Hogan, then the warrior just falls over on him for the 3 count.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

getting paid to do nothing, Nash would be proud

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I find it cool that Jericho is the son of a New York Ranger

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I just noticed they have the same haircut :v:

lol Rick Rude owned and wish he was still around

Hirez fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Feb 15, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

TheKingslayer posted:

I hate all the flashes at the moment of impact. I wanna be able to slow everything down and watch his spine compress like the Zapruder film.

click the settings button and play it at 0.25x speed (maybe I have a plugin that adds that option I dunno) - the point of impact sound at 0.25 is incredible

gently caress JBL, also gently caress the taker

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

The trust between all the crazy poo poo from the legends like that above and like every single insane bump must have been insane; and it's always seemed like "you let me do this crazy neckfucker move; and then you can do some crazy neckfucker move on me and they just shook hands

unlike the Steiners who just brainbustered jobbers getting $250

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Rey lost his ability to be GOAT by being a weakling loser and calling in Cain to fight his battle for Dominic; and he wears at shirt that says GOOAT with one of the O's being a luchador mask, instead of just having GOAT with the Luchador mask O and it makes me so angry!@!@!

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

The Rock is the best wrestler of all time after Shane/Steph/Vince if you go by $ probably

now that the millionaire man has been defrauded

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

What Rock vs (?) ppv was it where (i assume in phili) he sang a song about about sticking a feather up a jabroni

I've just signed up for a free month of WWE using a prepaid card so it won't renew :v: and always wanted to see the leadup to it, and a few of the specials on Eddie / First season of Christian & Edge

(I skipped wrestling from 2000-2018)

Also probably watch all the Royal Rumbles (not whole cards) from 2000+ even though I know who *most* of the winners are, just not of which particular Rumble

Already saw the last episode of good WWE with WM30; any other really good PPV's I should watch? (Takeovers not allowed)

edit: lol just saw Drew Carey "eliminate" both Hardy's. Al snow?? what the hell why is Steve Blackman (oh Ryan Shamrock :swoon: ) allowed to use his sticks in the Rumble; I have no idea who the gently caress is going to win this 2001 rumble I'm watching

edit: lol honkey tonk man vs kane ; thank god im drunk as gently caress

Rock @ 13 woo I bet he wins (or loses to HHH in the final 2)

Hirez fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Feb 17, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Godfather was a face at some point right? As a pimp with a ho train, I don't know how but knowing the attitude era he was prolly over as hell as a Pimp.

Then he became the goodfather or whatever, I don't know, I didn't watch after the ho train stopped!

also didn't Kama get loving clowned in the Brawl 4 all but still advanced cause Severn was like lol

e: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWF_Brawl_for_All#Brawl_for_All_tournament_bracket

God I love looking at that Tourney Results Chart so I can remember Bart Gunn kicking the poo poo out of JBL; though JBL winning and getting his head knocked off by Butterbean would have been way more satisfying

Hirez fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Feb 19, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

has there been any wrestler that transformed gimmicks (including name more (and not just for a few weeks run or whatever), cause thats alot.

Kane is up there I guess, with Isaak Yankem, Kane; Corporate Kane*. Glen Jacobs. I think he was something else at one point too

and no i dont count Murphy -> buddy murphy -> murphy -> buddy -> buddy murphy -> murphy -> saint murphy even though he's the only good part of the seth stable because the way he was recruited, Seth FN Rollings begging a guy crying on the outside of the ring for 30 minutes after losing to Black to save him. Lol seth you loving bootlicking trashbag carny

Hirez fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 19, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Benne posted:

IIRC Butterbean went into that match expecting to take the fall and cash his check and was surprised when they told him it that, yes, this is an actual shoot

yea, now imagine that vs JBL :swoon:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Top 18??? was there more? I haven't watched it yet because I need a good laugh tomorrow morning

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Punch McLightning posted:

Was an arm wrestling match ever a blow off to a feud?

Braun/Lashley had one in the go home before their ppv blowoff I think... if that counts, I hate remember WWE 2019

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I like don't give a gently caress Randy Orton the wrestler, but I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire irl

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I loved Shawn Michaels until the Montreal screwjob :canada: I still think Razor vs Shawn ladder match is my favorite match of all time (though I haven't seen it since I was a kid) so I don't want to taint my childhood memory if it was actually bad.

He counts as a garbage person and I don't like him now either but his selling is some of the best of all-time, and his wrestling is legit.

as a counterpoint, I never liked Undertaker anything, and am glad he's a garbage person and bad wrestler

Hirez fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Feb 29, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

He's definitely a carny, I mean he grew up in the dungeon, so I get why he's such a mark for himself/etc. I kinda lost respect for him going back to WWE but whatever, at least he took money from Vince.

He also seems to be "one of the good ones" or ones you never really heard bad stories about or if they are they aren't horrible poo poo, at least I've never heard of any bad Bret stories other than when he did meth with Bulldog or whatever

e: not surprised Owen ruled but he did start that human being chant at goldust once :shrug: but i'll blame that on Vince

Hirez fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 29, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Some of those Stu stories I've read were so horrible my brain doesn't want to/can't remember specifics, one was something like they used to eat cereal with rat poo poo in it or something as punishment

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

If it wasn't with Sunny then shame on you Bret

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

maybe? I think with Steve Blackman or Ken Shamrock?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I kinda looked at it from a carny perspective as in don't let anyone know the business is fake/rigged, even when you're retired you keep playing the act.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Canada vs USA angles were the best, are we ever gonna get another one? AEW has many Canadians

Go :canada:

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Ive never seen TNA before; and don't plan on it except I wanna see some of these clusterfuck King of the Mountain matches; can someone post which ones are the good ones, or most entertaining clusterfuck if none are good; I quickly glanced over contestant lists to try to not get spoiled and saw some Sting/Samoa Joe/AJ ones.

I the mean time I will watch this team :canada: vs team :patriot: and hope Bret pulls out the victory! https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5x5pj

quote:

In terms of star power, this is the Flag Match that featured the biggest names. It took place in Halifax, Nova Scotia in eastern at a time when the Hart Foundation stable was pro Canadian and anti-American in everything that they did. The crowd was supportive of the Bret, Owen and Bulldog team while Austin & Dude were the tag team champions. Their partner was supposed to be Shawn Michaels, but he got taken out earlier in the night so The Undertaker, who was the WWE Champion at the time, subbed in as their partner. It was a tag match with the rule where you had to capture your country's flag that was hanging on a pole above the ring posts in their respective corners. They basically worked a regular tag team match without pinfalls.

God I always loved USA vs angles; especially since :canada: always had top guys for decades has the best wrestlers in the world* (*North America!) - Bret / Owen / Jericho / Omega / Lance Storm + Major Gunns :v: / BOBBY ROODE while Team USA's were like General E. Rection or whatever the gently caress that stupid fat gently caress from the PC Center was, and the Patriot, and like the dog faced gremlin

I'm surprised how little Canadian wrestlers came from though; I can think of Test; Santino; Bobby Roode, Trish; and Edge/Christian if you count Orangeville.
Montreal seemed to be a hotbed earlier on the the Rougeaus or Whoever, and now with Evil Uno/Stu/KO/Sami; that's a pretty good group representing. I'm sure there's a lot more. It's also crazy that Winnipeg of all places, raised probably the 2 GOAT's with Jericho/Omega; or at least should both Be on Mount Rushmore of wrestling.

Hirez fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Apr 12, 2020

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

That Tom Mcgee match changed my entire outlook on the hitman as a childhood hero, because it made me realize he had 5 moves; he just changed the order around, and they were just simple safe moves, like elbow drop off the middle rope. He was just basically :canada: propaganda to wrestlers; I loved Owen a whole more being the younger brother too.

and it wasn't until like a year ago someone pointed out why the Hitman's finisher is called the Sharpshooter and my mind was blown.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Why did Hogan never let Macho go over on him, every 1on1 with them ends up with Hulk winning/retaining because all of Macho's wins are Count-Out's (lol) or DQ's

https://www.cagematch.net/?id=91&nr=97&page=2&constellation=Singles

Why would he follow Hogan to WCW knowing it would be the same fate? Especially with how serious Macho Man took matches/coordinating them, was it all about the :10bux:?

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

It was cool and good when AJ Styles was murdered and no one cared

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Who are some of the others that came in with their Indie/tna/roh/whatever names? Was he ever Finn Balor before, or always King Devitt or whatever.

Only one I can think of off the top of my head AJ Styles... and Ricochet :laffo:

Hirez fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 21, 2020