Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

Eh, I doubt that.
J-Ru, please ban

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

What was the story pitch that was so bad it struck Vince -Vince - dumb for like a minute and then he just got up and left the room?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

I think a writer pitched that the guy who eventually became Heidenreich would be a frozen Nazi from World War II who gets unfrozen and decided to become a wrestler.
ah yes that’s the one

I was reminded of it becaus I was thinking of the dumbest and worst possible ending to the cuck storyline and came up with what if the father was the ghost of Harley Race

E: or the ghost of Chris Benoit, turn it into a proper Rosemary’s Baby horror movie kind of angle

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Sep 17, 2019

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that’s still not a grift but it does own because it will have made Vince really mad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It’s clearly Sonny Kiss end topic.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Drew McIntyre posted:

it looks like most people are interested in having the tournament, i will think of 64 people in wrestling with the best asses, but please keep leaving suggestions in this thread until i post the tournament. don't stop giving me suggestions until then.
i already told you who the best one is so the tournament will be a waste of time

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i don’t care about 63 inferior asses no

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Pope Corky the IX posted:

We couldn't enjoy that match as much as we would've liked because we were at my friend's house for the PPV and his wife's special needs little brother was there and he was inconsolable as a huge John Cena fan.
ah drat

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

Does anyone have the excellent and incomprehensible "davebnmeltzer" post lying around somewhere? I can never find it when I want to read it :( I should probably save it.
I got you fam

Daniel Bryan posted:

Honestly whatvdvabenmeltzter said about Dean Amanda's do flux every telling. Also th where at r wee sees himself as a a superstars in the friend

pro tip for finding it again in future google “daniel bryan “dean amanda” site:forums.somethingawful.com”

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Also if you need the other all time classic just google ‘sramaker "request to being banned" fools’

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

An Actual Bear posted:

Is this the gamergate guy? :allears:
It sure is op

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

To be fair Braun is a big stiff who doesn’t really have much business being over at all, except for a while he was given all these crazy backstage stunts to do and it got him over huge

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

1999 bossman was absolutely wild

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

His greatest heel move was the deviation from the meter

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

He’s been waiting 13 years for the perfect moment to deploy the greatest idea he’s heard in his entire life

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ZSJ just screaming HURRAH! ANOTHER YEAR, SURELY THIS ONE WILL BE BETTER THAN THE LAST; THE INEXORABLE MARCH OF PROGRESS WILL LEAD US ALL TO HAPPINESS while wrenching on several body parts at once

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I always assumed JBL’s lariat looked good because he hit dudes as hard as he could

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Randaconda posted:

remember when Bray could have been a legit main event guy, but he never loving won an important match
He won the Elimination Chamber! which was just to set him up for Orton’s make-good Wrestlemania® Moment™

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TheCool69 posted:

Thinking about Seth and Fiend and how lame ot really was, I want to know some real blood feuds or rivalries that had real heat and satisfying and beliavable end?
Minoru Suzuki and Jushin Liger just the other week there

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

They should have Kept Austin Weird

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DeathChicken posted:

Stone Cold's heel theme was good stuff (the one that wasn't Disturbed) and I love it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCfiwgEE-Qk

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Should I watch NWA Powerrr?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

extradite THIS! posted:

It's a fun, compact show that looks and feels unlike anything else out there. The wrestling itself is mostly solid but not amazing, but they have some really excellent and charismatic talkers there and they let them improv pretty much everything as far as I've understood. Give the first episode a watch and see if you like it!

Jerusalem posted:

Watch the first episode for sure, if you don't like that you won't like the show in general. Second episode was kinda weak but the third episode was a ton of fun, I legit look forward to watching the NWA every week at the moment and it's a weird and alien sensation.
thank you friends, i will give it a shot

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Cavauro posted:

haheah. the proportions are all off on that piece of poo poo.
turn your monitor on

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

2019 Tomohiro Ishii

This is also my answer to any 'who would you want to see wrestle X' fantasy question.

Yes, including when X = Ishii.
They had a really good match at Rev Pro a couple of years ago

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ban every single person who didn't reply with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGt4TL5sJbA

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Stopped clock etc

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

When did they first start referring to Mick offhandedly by his real name, I kinda remember it being really early in his WWF run

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SiKboy posted:

Wasnt that a Trump campaign slogan?
lmao

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Smackdown crowd: *seagull pop*
oh god that thing was the absolute worst (i always thought of it as the hairdryer pop)

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TriffTshngo posted:

I posted this in one of the GDTs from last month so here you go:
this omits how he buried Moxley for leaving which imo was a big turning point for a lot of people

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Wouldn’t do for any of his girlfriends to see pictures of him with any of the others

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Dell_Zincht posted:

Oh I get that, and I also get that WWE are so scared of him leaving that they'll let him get away with pretty much anything, but allowing him to say one of Vince's most hated terms?
there seems to be an understanding even in Vince's rotting brain that some people can say "wrestling" and it'll pop the fans big

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Triple H was in the gogoplata for about a week at the end of his WM27 match

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

E: needlessly tasteless

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Sionistic posted:

Why the gently caress does the game need to load between entrances? All the assets are already there.
my bike light/camera has an app that literally just changes the values in a text file. it takes about 5 seconds to save changes every time. cheaply made software is always terrible.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I’d say the New Age Outlaws were good at different things and each hid the other’s weaknesses pretty well

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

What tag team had the biggest disparity in talent? And proper tag teams only don’t just say Okada and Yoshi Hashi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jackie D posted:

Harlem Heat
that’s a good one