Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I don't know how long it lasted but the Jeff Jarrett MMA character was hilarious in tna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

TheKingslayer posted:

No, but you can have this.

Peak big show

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

this isn't the new japan thread :(

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Monkeycheese posted:

I was binging random youtube poo poo and saw a clip of Austin talking about differences between WCW and WWF/E rings. WCW was 18 foot, WWF/E 20 foot.
Anyone know how big the AEW rings are? Back in the day I never noticed a difference in WCW and WWF rings on TV, and guys could transition pretty well from one to the other it seemed like, during the Monday Night Wars era when guys were flip flopping somewhat often.

Apparently 20 x 20 for aew too.

The boat ring was noticeably smaller.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Isn't the six sided ring used in a mexican promotion or was?

I sure TNA got the idea from somewhere else anyway.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

jesus WEP posted:

nope, she was by far the most over part of Blake and Murphy

Thats not saying much though.

And really when she came up no ones was clamoring for it but drat she ran with the ball and became a star.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Its hard to judge these ratings while the pandemics going on and its a great out for WWE at this time.

However they were sliding before they're just awful and putting together anything interesting.

I hope they don't recover or at the very least i hope more people watch Wednesday night wrestling because that's the best night of North American wrestling.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

DDP being wildly cheered as JR screams what a sicko he is was my invasion top moment.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Havoc904 posted:

I was talking with my brother yesterday, currently, is there any other finishing move as protected as the One Winged Angel? Or even close to it?

Mox always protects his finishes.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Max Coveri posted:

Didn't JBL get hit with a tranquilizer dart and attack Godzilla in that show?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI8hWJ1zbxs

yes......

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Kevin Dunn cut 1000 cameras never drew an emmy

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Waylon Mercy was basically a straight rip off of Max Cady so yeah.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Red posted:

I still use his PPV reviews as a guideline to remember what happened at a show. His writing style is terrible, and I don't often agree with him, but you can at least get a sense of why something was good/bad, and it's a thorough summary. Is there another reviewer where you can literally look up their name and a PPV to see the review?

I mean meltzer but paywall I used to use Scott Keith's reviews back in the late 90s early 00s of all old wwf ppv's to see which ones were worth checking out which is how i learnt about Canadian Stampede being one of the finest events wwf put out at the time.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

What were Owen Hart and Koko B. Ware known as during that short period of time they were teaming up? They even had similar outfits to the New Foundation.

EDIT: Which is basically graphics from the opening credits of Saved by the Bell.

High Energy

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Answers Me posted:

Did anything remotely interesting happen at the Rebellion/Insurrexion UK PPVs of the early 2000s? They were basically just locally-broadcast house shows, right?

Only "interesting" thing i remember from any of these shows was the top rope breaking during a taker/hhh match.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I do remember a UK show from maybe 1998 where Jacqueline was being held up on someone's shoulders and someone else ripped her shirt off, leaving her topless and unable to get down for a stupidly long time. It's been decades since I've seen it.

Oh yeah this happened and i was watching that show with my parents in the room because of course this poo poo happens when people who don't like wrestling are in the room.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

NikkolasKing posted:

Was the late 90s "let's hit everyone in the head as hard as we can with chairs" an American wrestling thing or was it happening in Mexico and Japan as well?

Mexico not sure but i think alot of the american wrestling there was aping FMW which i think was a massive influence on ECW so it was the trickle effect to concussions ahoy.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Slapnuts blvd sign giving a better return than beanie babies.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Eat My Fuc posted:

has there ever been a hair vs hair match between bald people where the loser has to grow their hair or wear a wig

I doubt it but it sounds very much a vince russo idea.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Curious if there's any additional context to these videos which all have the comments turned off and have no other information in the description except "Boring WWE Tag Teams: [team name]?"

Was a WWE.com article from that time.

https://www.wwe.com/inside/wwefeaturepage/most-boring-tag-teams

i think thats it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

OH YEAH!

AEW also wouldn't want a ruling that say contracts mean dicksquat as it could effect them in the future. I mean i dunno what the wording is in either contract and clearly aew's are looser in terms of being able to take dates elsewhere.

But it's still not in their interest to be part of a well if you're unhappy you can just leave and go elsewhere legal precedence.