Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I missed a lot of aew because of depression brain, can someone fill me in on the dark order after Brodie Lee premiered and about 3 months back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Thank you. AEW is good at this whole storytelling thing because i picked up most of that in the last few months of dynamite. I watched the Brodie tribute when it aired and man it was a gut punch, dude was great. I started watching elevation from episode one about a week ago, and seeing -1 show up at ringside is touching, and pretty funny when he throws kicks at the orders opponents, and prompted my question.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What's the deal with Justin Roberts and his "North Carolina" schtick when introducing Kenny Omega? I feel like I definitely missed something.

He’s the Michael Jordan of wrestling. Jordan is from North Carolina

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Defenestrategy posted:

I'd also like to mention Orange Cassidy vs Hardy was a fun lumberjack match with a unique story of the lumberjacks being 90% heels, and Best Friends being the only ones to understand the assignment of what being a lumberjack means.

It also gave us the best friends dressed as lumberjacks, which was pretty funny.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

Why didn't Shane Douglas make as much of an impact or have as much longevity as other ECW alumni?

Like other failed franchises, he expanded too fast.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Six degrees of wrestlemania.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Yeah he calls himself an ECW Original

Great gimmick, made me laugh and get mad.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

CommonShore posted:

Anyone have any examples of botched 3 counts? Like a wrestler is concussed from a bad bump and then kicks out of something that was supposed to be a match ending fall?

Gonna blame this post for the finish in the 4-way tonight.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Alaois posted:

Kudome Valentine is the best name for it, imo

Vertebreaker sounds so metal, like a 13 year olds lovely band.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Edge & Christian posted:

The Most 1990s thing about Vertebreaker is that the character "Vertebreaker" never even appeared in a Spawn comic, to my knowledge.

1. Todd McFarlane created a super evil badass extreme demon named THE VIOLATOR in the second issue of Spawn.
2. In a weird flex that eventually led to a bunch of lawsuits he paid six figures to Alan Moore, Neil Gaiman, Dave Sim, and Frank Miller to all write single issues of Spawn to prove "Image has the best writers AND artists".
3. Alan Moore in his single issue decides that Violator should have demon brothers named Vindicator, Vandalizer, Vaporizer, and Vacillator. This is maybe a parody of Sandman?
4. This concept somehow spins off into multiple mini-series that Alan Moore also writes, which become increasingly slapstick.
5. Todd McFarlane Toys decides making 'new' version of Violator is a good idea, but something more badass and serious than Alan Moore's stuff. Also possibly to avoid lawsuit, they create VERTEBREAKER as an even more extreme monstery Violator.
6. Vertebreaker never appears in the comics.
7. Shane Helms sees a Spawn toy and goes "yes, that is the name of my finisher".

This rules, thank you for sharing. :tipshat:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The best variant to apply to moves is the straight-jacket.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Who came out to Super Bon Bon by Soul Coughing?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

DeathChicken posted:

Danny Doring

That’s the one, thanks.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

My friend frog splashed me off the roof and his elbow landed right on my balls.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone remember the gently caress up that led to :camera6:?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Bonk posted:

There wasn't any specific visual thing that caused it. It was just a random audio screwup. They cut to some backstage brawl on Raw, and you could hear the feed from a cameraman's headset. The audio we heard was "Camera 6, you're in a worst-case scenario. Worst-case scenario, Randy!"

Thank you. I knew we heard someone say camera six but couldn’t remember why. :tipshat:

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Gonna say New Jack 4 times just in case his ghost is around.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Gonna vote for OC. He’s killing it.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Has any promotion ever had a Mixed Gender Tag Team championship belt?

AAA does. Tay and Sammy held them for a while.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/otd_in_wwe/status/1665330475131363329?s=21&t=RQKQWUEiQXczWO7NxEf0bw

This and the Mankind title win are two of my favorites. What are some other title wins that have stayed in your brain?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

VPN and a fite subscription works for most

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Mysterio was the one always trying to stop Spider-Man

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/drainbamager/status/1684160053283258370?s=21&t=Q09P9gh_1cM72Rnc8rYTjw

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Can someone post the list of names Chuck Taylor came up with?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Defenestrategy posted:

As per reddit

Thank you. Hard to believe that Cuba Gooding III hasn’t been used.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Christian changing his tron from outwork everyone to worked everyone makes him the best heel of all time

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Emi is a good wrestler who should be on tv more often

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Defenestrategy posted:

Can anyone post some innovative uses of the six sided ring? I didnt watch tna but I assume someone figured out something sweet to do with an extra side.

Monty Brown’s pounces were amazing in that ring

E:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aEdT_2wSM0

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

The problem with Mox right before he went to rehab was he would turn purple when he wrestled.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

I have basically no memories of wwe post invasion, but the nexus debut? Man that poo poo ruled.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Eighteen Seconds.

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

You should see him blade, doesn’t even try to hide it.