Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

projecthalaxy posted:

Cole was really good, strangely, when he was calling the Brock Lesnar vs Stephanie McMahon and Zach Gowen handicap match. Possibly because Vince was too busy whackin it to scream in his ear.

after casually skimming this post i opened my youtube tab and a zach gowen interview with chris van vliet was recommended what the gently caress google

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

nakamura is so cool he got the coolest WWE theme in decades and it's still less cool than his NJPW theme

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Bret discussion made me go back to watch Bret vs Austin at WM13 because it's never a bad time to watch that and I noticed this guy petting Bret and then Shamrock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxowP-K1t4M&t=21s

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

MadCatz Hulk Hogan

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Breitbart Is Rightbart posted:

What's that drop to the knees walk thing Chuck Taylor does? I've seen somebody else do it recently as well and I can't think who.

The Butcher!

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Pretty sure they wrote a check but I can't find the clip of them talking about it in their YouShoot interview.

They really put over the chili, though.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

vince will get an open casket funeral live on raw and will have a video will leading into an inheritance angle

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Zombie Lemur posted:

I watched a bunch of heel Doink matches a while back and aside from the in ring stuff, they really illustrate the decline in quality from Heenan to Lawler on commentary.

Heenan is like "yeah I'm a heel, but this guy terrifies me. He's dangerous."

Whereas Lawler is cackling and going "Mean clown, yay!"

Heenan's reaction to Doink really sold him as something uniquely threatening.

I have recently rewatched basically every thing WWE from my childhood and Lawler is one of the consistently worst parts of the entire product and it's a heavy contrast to JR being at the very top of his game. Even so there are moments where Lawler is great and the chemistry between him and JR works magically and him getting his comeuppance, being distraught at the heels having been foiled, and JR breaking Neutrality and rubbing it in to King is still very satisfying.

At the very least it's not nearly as bad as Heel Cole or the few times I've had the misfortune of listening to Corey Graves.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

sticklefifer posted:

Is there any recent information about the AEW game? I need to finally realize my dream tag team of Kip Sabian & Kazarian with entrance music by Kasabian.

Nobody finds this joke as hilarious as I do.

they can feud with my team of Orange Cassidy and PAC who come out to Orange Goblin

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

MJF in an alternate timeline

Maxwell Jacob Friedboy

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

i think they're good and i can't wait for the jungle boy/christian feud

i understand this forum needs to pick a new thing to Always Bad every week but c'mon

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

they've had five televised and one PPV defense since winning the titles in January...

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

cancelling DDP for hiking up and doing yoga on a racist mountain

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

i don't think it was ever the stretching that was the issue

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Excalibur doesn't book PWG and DPW even being on the ballot will probably be the first time the majority of WON readers learn about it.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

People were declaring AEW dead at the end of 2019 because of the Dark Order and there have been people yelling about Tony's awful booking since day one. A lot of the people on here have been whining about something or other since day one and they're just neurotic and nearly impossible to please.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

Nearly every major angle currently in the company has been affected by injury, COVID, travel issues, or Cody. The main thing I've noticed is people being overly nitpicky or just disingenuous or overreacting when someone they like doesn't win. I guess that qualifies as the honeymoon period being over, which doesn't necessarily mean something has gotten worse, just that people aren't as excited about something 3 years later and often try to rationalize it as the thing getting worse.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

mox keeps his blade in his left wrist tape. he isn't exactly subtle about it, but not quite as obvious as using a giant medical scalpel.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

The Science of Suck posted:

why aren’t the Briscoes in aew?

TV execs don't want Jay Briscoe's old homophobic comments to blow up and cause issues.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

Okada is the real Stewart Lee fan, performing a loving tribute every match by doing a maddeningly boring bit over and over specifically to annoy the crowd

these days, if you do the money clip...

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

is it some dumbass thought process like “if this were real he’d be too easily intimidated by the wrestlers”

yes, this is also the reason some people named Jim give for not liking female refs

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

History Comes Inside! posted:

Start with something real simple and safe like

https://youtu.be/GcKh0kctniw

hangman showing this vid to PAC backstage before this match

https://twitter.com/aew/status/1446086655966806016

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

she is really very very popular, i say for the 20th time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

oldskool posted:

i know it means "reads the Observer & tells Vince anything important carried within" but for a hot second I was imagining Vince sitting at his desk while Finkel sits across from him, reading Observer reports out loud in his ring announcer voice. "FIIIIIVE STARS!"

see i was picturing vince in his jammies and a pointed hat tucked into bed while the fink reads the observer in a voice that is half whisper half his announcer voice