Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

KillerJunglist posted:

Sure, though I haven't DJed in a couple years now so the stuff I reccomend may not be so fresh outta the oven.

Really old skool stuff anything on the congo natty label is great, especially anything feat Top Cat, Beenie Man, rebel MC or Lion of Judah.

Newer stuff you should look into blackout and liondub, deekline and ed solo (sometimes called defkline and red polo), mutt and tedder and seriel killaz.

There are also a few one offs like dj farrapo's "Around an Old Blues" and Lack Jemmon's "Take it to the floor" where that artist doesn't usually do jungle/ drum and bass but the track is too good to pass up.

thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Why have I never heard of this? How have I never heard of this?

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

SardonicTyrant posted:

Why have I never heard of this? How have I never heard of this?

i caught it on MhZ in 2001 and loved it, but it wasn't around for too long, and of course there was no youtube. nobody else ever heard of it, so i was stoked to find the DVDs a few years later and spread the gospel. some of the episodes aren't great, but there are good moments in all of them, and "Box Cutta" and "Ill Master" are almost as amazing as "Funky Bottoms"

Also, they might have lost a bunch of money on the series, because the DVDs only have two episodes each and a fuckload of ads

edit- well, poo poo of course there's a wikipedia entry...

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Sep 13, 2019

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:wtf::lol:

Thank you for joining the forums, so you could bring this to my attention nearly a decade later

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
Pickwick was the 13 y/o who made then inhaled Jenkem on the internet then pretended it was a hoax and he hadn't. Or it was a hoax idk

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Pickwick High posted:

Pickwick was the 13 y/o who made then inhaled Jenkem on the internet then pretended it was a hoax and he hadn't. Or it was a hoax idk

and here I was thinking charles dickens

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I was 13 or 14 and joining a forum for the first time and thought to myself "i need something cool" so I came up with "FirePhoenix0". God it was awful but it's the name I had for years, and even joined here with it. I was 18 when I joined here and was already starting to dislike the name and had dropped the 0 by that point. Eventually I hated it enough that I wanted to change. I had "FP0" on xbox live because all other variants I could think of were taken and I liked that name, but never liked how FP0 looked visually and people would always call me "fuh-po" in games, so I just went with the current spelling I have now.

It's not an amazing name, especially by the incredible name standards I've seen on this site, but I'm too used to it by now and I do like it. It'd be too weird for me to participate in a name change thread because I'm so used to having this name.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

It's just my real name, backwards. I'm very clever.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Riatsala posted:

It's just my real name, backwards. I'm very clever.

Why did your parents name you after a blue bull from League of Legends?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Chomp8645 posted:

Why did your parents name you after a blue bull from League of Legends?

Um I'm actually named after the affable but dimwitted companion from Dragon Age

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

FPzero posted:

I was 13 or 14 and joining a forum for the first time and thought to myself "i need something cool" so I came up with "FirePhoenix0". God it was awful but it's the name I had for years, and even joined here with it. I was 18 when I joined here and was already starting to dislike the name and had dropped the 0 by that point. Eventually I hated it enough that I wanted to change. I had "FP0" on xbox live because all other variants I could think of were taken and I liked that name, but never liked how FP0 looked visually and people would always call me "fuh-po" in games, so I just went with the current spelling I have now.

It's not an amazing name, especially by the incredible name standards I've seen on this site, but I'm too used to it by now and I do like it. It'd be too weird for me to participate in a name change thread because I'm so used to having this name.

I, uh...I thought it was a Mario RPG/Paper Mario thing :blush:

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

I liked pirates and thought it was pretty piratey.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

SatansOnion posted:

I, uh...I thought it was a Mario RPG/Paper Mario thing :blush:

Haha, well I can tell you it definitely makes discussion those games online a bit weird for me just because I'm used to all my online friends just calling me "FP".

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I liked pirates and thought it was pretty piratey.
it's almost too piratey

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

My old handle was a character from discordian lore. A masculine character, so I changed it when I outed to be something more abstract. I follow Eris, and have been called a robot by jaded exes. Yeet me into the nerd ravine.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

I put this degree of thought into every one of my posts.

Jaxts
Apr 29, 2008
My name means nothing and I just thought it would be fun to have a hard to pronounce series of letters.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
a video game

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

It was inflicted on me after I failed at helldump. The thread was purged thankfully.

The Cockler
Mar 31, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i was playing a nerd game for nerds when i was a little baby boy and had a name i wasn't particularly fond of and so i for some reason went on a strange tirade at one of the people who ran it about how i would rather be a super-hero named "the cockler" that walked around warming the cockles of peoples hearts than keep my current name, and as it was written, it has since been so

Vilgefartz
Apr 29, 2013

Good ideas 4 free
Fun Shoe
Mine is a humorous take on a loveable polish wizards name.

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

I worked on a thing that had a lot of daves on crew, so they all had Dave qualifiers, like Handsome Dave, Rave Dave, Curly Dave and Average Dave. Average Dave made a dumb mistake of some sort at one point and was demoted to Shithouse Dave. It just tickled my dumb sense of humour.

My name isn’t really Dave.

Vanadium Dame
May 29, 2002

HELLO I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT MY VERY STRONG OPINIONS

Shithouse Dave posted:

I worked on a thing that had a lot of daves on crew, so they all had Dave qualifiers, like Handsome Dave, Rave Dave, Curly Dave and Average Dave. Average Dave made a dumb mistake of some sort at one point and was demoted to Shithouse Dave. It just tickled my dumb sense of humour.

My name isn’t really Dave.

At an old job there were 5 of us who had the same first name. In development. Out of about 30 developers. We went by E1 through E5, based on length of time at the company. You moved up in rank only by dead mans boots.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

There was a lot of poo poo talking in Rowdy Ringsports UFC thread just before Kabob changed McGregor's face.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I blew a name merchant in an alley.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

"Oh, no, I'm sweating like Roger Ebert!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMzczlHsQsk

The North Tower
Aug 20, 2007

You should throw it in the ocean.

The Cockler posted:

i was playing a nerd game for nerds when i was a little baby boy and had a name i wasn't particularly fond of and so i for some reason went on a strange tirade at one of the people who ran it about how i would rather be a super-hero named "the cockler" that walked around warming the cockles of peoples hearts than keep my current name, and as it was written, it has since been so

This is a quality name.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

There was actually a restaurant here with my name and I thought it was so stupid that it was the first thing that came to mind.
It closed after maybe 6 months, tops.

The restaurant not my account, THANKFULLY

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Big Beef City posted:

There was actually a restaurant here with my name and I thought it was so stupid that it was the first thing that came to mind.
It closed after maybe 6 months, tops.

The restaurant not my account, THANKFULLY

I would totally eat at restaurant called Big Beef City. What was it, a seafood restaurant?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

I would totally eat at restaurant called Big Beef City. What was it, a seafood restaurant?

Vegan Indian place.
They were really big on cows.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
I think they had beef guys it’s pretty obvious

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

I think they had beef guys it’s pretty obvious

This is exactly what I thought when I went to Holy Cow and all I got was a veg curry.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

I got legal troubles.

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.

Bill Posters posted:

I got legal troubles.

I believe you're innocent.

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
can’t remember what inspired mine

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Trumps Baby Hands posted:

can’t remember what inspired mine

mb u watch hearthstone streamers?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

https://youtu.be/lqYhkKIve8s?t=5879

Please watch/listen to the book after the initial reaction to the title of the book, it is great.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Shame Boy posted:

https://youtu.be/lqYhkKIve8s?t=5879

Please watch/listen to the book after the initial reaction to the title of the book, it is great.

That's over 9 hours. So I'm going with no, no I won't.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Inceltown posted:

That's over 9 hours. So I'm going with no, no I won't.

Well the whole stream is not the book, just the 4 minutes afterwards :v: but mostly it was the tile of this great book is what i named myself after!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

u r what u eat