Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Is this a thing that still exists? I figured by now people would just buy their embarrassing poo poo online like everyone else does. But, then again, I don't think I've been to an actual mall in like a decade. So instead of asking google which would of course be more accurate and less greasy than asking goons I'm going to ask you dolts instead. Bonus points if you include a little story about hot topic. Also, more bonus points if you are wearing a hot topic product right now and you take a picture so we all can laugh at you and call you a poser or poseur as we see fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Yeah but this ain't it OP lmao

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yea it exists and you're invited to Chridtiana Mall in Delaware (the State) to hang out to browse the Hot Topic and smoke cigarettes outside then we can go watch a movie Angry Birds 2

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

sweet thursday posted:

YOU SON OF A BITCH!

Tane
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah op I buy my embarrassing poo poo online it was a forums membership and I hardly even use it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They're playing Angry Birds 2 at the theater it's right next to the mall theres also a Cabella's we can go look at the guns and stuffed animals

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Yea it exists and you're invited to Chridtiana Mall in Delaware (the State) to hang out to browse the Hot Topic and smoke cigarettes outside then we can go watch a movie Angry Birds 2

No, drat it. I need to do fact checking first to see if you are a trustworthy source of mall-type information.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

sweet thursday posted:

Oh poo poo

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Literally A Person posted:

No, drat it. I need to do fact checking first to see if you are a trustworthy source of mall-type information.

Theres a Spencer's too and a Godiva place with chocolate drinks that are really good and an artisan cupcake stand where you buy single cupcakes for five dollars

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

last time I went there was lots of steven universe and freddy faz bear, and funkopop like every other pop culture store in the mall. i did not purchase anything. hth

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tx02tY8ABfA

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

dracky posted:

last time I went there was lots of steven universe and freddy faz bear, and funkopop like every other pop culture store in the mall. i did not purchase anything. hth

Imagine believing you are engaging in counter-culture behavior when there is a funk-pop within 500' of you.

:lol:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Theres a Spencer's too and a Godiva place with chocolate drinks that are really good and an artisan cupcake stand where you buy single cupcakes for five dollars

Would we go dutch or would you pay?

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I was always more of a Spencer’s guy myself. legalize it!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

The food court has got - Sbarro, Chic Fil A (but they hate gays), McDonalds, Auntie Anne's, Cinnabun and like a whole bunch else including an asian place that gives you too much food that tastes real good

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Would we go dutch or would you pay?

I got u

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

....the pot is thusly sweetened.

Give me odds on being murdered by some lunatic goon in Delaware.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gsg1dEJgmQY

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

....the pot is thusly sweetened.

Give me odds on being murdered by some lunatic goon in Delaware.

I dont think Burt lives nearby so prob low chance

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Hot Topic still exists in plenty of malls that still exist, but I imagine like 90% of their sales are done online because their stores are tiny and mostly empty whenever I check the location near me every once in a blue moon.

The company that owns them owns Torrid, Talbots, and other clothing stores too, so I doubt they really care if Hot Topic stores are a loss leader at this point.

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Spencer's now sells a LOT more dildos than you remember from the time you spent at the mall, OP.

redm
Feb 20, 2016

Sugartime Jones
I think theyre trying to rebrand to something called 'boxlunch' which is the same idea but more family friendly

(both stores are owned by the same company and I am basing my assumptions on nothing other than this concept)

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
Yeah I still shop there :)

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

remigious posted:

Yeah I still shop there :)

REALLY!!!!!

CAN WE SEE WHAT YOU HAVE RECENTLY PURCHASED FROM SAID TOPIC OF HOTNESS!!!!

THAT WAY WE CAN POKE FUN AT YOU FOR SHOPPING THERE@@?@?!>!

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i assume hot topic is where everyone is buying all those nirvana shirts so i assume it's still around

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's more of a lukewarm topic now

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSKbwKoIW_I

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Due to climate change, it's now Underwater Topic

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

I last entered a hot topic about three years ago so my gf could buy nipple gauges and it mostly seemed like a Rick and Morty store unless you wanted to cosplay as an indie kid circa 2005

That's my story

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Riatsala posted:

I last entered a hot topic about three years ago so my gf could buy nipple gauges and it mostly seemed like a Rick and Morty store unless you wanted to cosplay as an indie kid circa 2005

That's my story

Juicy, you totally get bonus points. I'll add them to the ledger.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea OP, you can get some sweet Funko Pops there! Which is basically beanie babies for millennials.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea OP, you can get some sweet Funko Pops there! Which is basically beanie babies for millennials.

I'd buy a Funko Pop of the dude in your avatar.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I did order a friend's Christmas gift from their website a few years back. They had a 30% off sale and it was cheaper than Amazon.

Their stuff nowadays seems like mostly Overwatch, Goku, Funko Pops, and whatever 'epic' pop culture thing is/was cool in the past five years.

I wonder if Tim Burton gets residuals for all of the Nightmare Before Christmas poo poo they sell.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
Hot Topic has a special on blue steel.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
If you know a better place to pick up scene girls, I’d like to hear it OP

please tell me a better place

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

N. Senada posted:

At the scene

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
I found out hot topic was still around when Ghost put up a new youtube video saying you can get a Papa Emeritus funko pop there a few days ago.

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Are other hot topics super cramp and half the people inside are employees?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
They're basically somewhere between Spencer's and ThinkGeek now, a far cry from the sPoOkY goth store with metal gates of the late 90's/early 00's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

N. Senada posted: