Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
at first it was just one historian who started making up Rome, but then all the other historians starting doing it, like the really cool good ones, and the stupider, less cool historians who were out of the loop started talking about Rome like they knew all about it too, which made the cool historians laugh. now all of the historians know about it, and it's kind of a joke that they pull on professors. some professors know that Rome is a joke too though, and they laugh about it when students are taking notes on this completely bullshit made up society that neverhappened at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

personally i've been suspicious since i heard that it wasn't built ina day

nut

the first historian: and that, my friends, is why they called it Home

other historians: ...they called it "Home"? hmmmmm

first h: *oh god think think they're not buying it*

treasure bear

me: okay, and what came after the second punic war?
historian: bwheeh errmm.... the errrrr.. 3rd punic war...

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

Honestly the whole thing sounds too stupid and corny not be made up

Manifisto

[historian #1]: whatcha workin on?
[historian #2]: I'm busy
[historian #1]: I'll say, I've never seen you slave away like that. come on, spill.
[historian #2]: I don't know how, I don't know why, but by god I'm going to work wolf titties into this origin story if it kills me

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

i have never seen it myself so i can't say if it is real or not?

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Simsmagic

im beautiful

hello my name is julio caeser and i am trusting my life to a guy named brutus. i am both real and not a total dumbass

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

Heather Papps posted:

i have never seen it myself so i can't say if it is real or not?

Having been to Rome, walked its streets and viewed such wonders as the parthenon and the Coliseum I can assure you...

IT ISN'T REAL.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
You see the inside joke is "Rome wasn't built in a day" because it was never actually built.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Splatmaster posted:

Having been to Rome, walked its streets and viewed such wonders as the parthenon and the Coliseum I can assure you...

IT ISN'T REAL.

this is good second hand evidence...

i don't believe in rome anymore okay

someone do a dawkins edit i am tired this morning

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

treasure bear posted:

me: okay, and what came after the second punic war?
historian: bwheeh errmm.... the errrrr.. 3rd punic war...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh sooooo this onnne guyyyy, duhhring the 2nd Punic Warrr, he rided an elelphannnntt, no, no! um, a whole army of elephaaaanntts, right into Rome. and there was elephants everywhere stomping on people! *pounding desk excitedly to simulate the stomping* and his nammme wasss, um, eerrmmmmggghh *looks at television and sees Silence of the Lambs* Hannibal!!! hahahahahahahaahahaa uhh i i mean it happened.

----------------

nut

historian 1: when in rome!

historian 2: when in rome what?

h1: do...as...the romans

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

bee eater posted:

historian 1: when in rome!

historian 2: when in rome what?

h1: do...as...the romans

----------------

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
i wanna give them capes! the ones that fight! i want to give the ones that fight red superman capes! red superman capes and a red mohawk!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------

scopes

WetNightmare posted:

i wanna give them capes! the ones that fight! i want to give the ones that fight red superman capes! red superman capes and a red mohawk!!!!!!!!!!!!

this is good. real good stuff here. what about robes? big weird robes and dumbass sandals?

*rifles through notes*

poo poo harold, we already did that for the "greeks." Whatever, anyway let's give all their statues little penises

Escape From Noise

Then where did pizza come from?
Checkmate btch!:agesilaus:

nut

historian: and sometimes romans would drop vaulable items at the bottom of deep lakes. In these cases they would put on iron boots, enabling them to walk on the seabed floor. "how could they breathe?" you ask. Well i'm going to have to tell you a little bit about pre-roman civilization, the zoras

FutonForensic

Suetonius, panicking as he realizes he doesn't have enough room left to chronicle Caesar's long and happy life, writes:

quote:

And then all the senators got around Caesar and then they stabbed Caesar and then Caesar died. The End

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Then where did pizza come from?
Checkmate btch!:agesilaus:

*Checks notes* the freezer...uhhh.uuhhhh....i mean Napoli.

Finger Prince

Wait are we talking about Rome, Italy? Or Rome, New York?

nut

Finger Prince posted:

Wait are we talking about Rome, Italy? Or Rome, New York?

the guy who tours w sublime

Murray Mantoinette

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
some guy: I went to Rome last month. beautiful city!

historian, doodling in notebook and not really paying attention: yeah and did you know it's been around since 1894bc?

guy: bc!? you mean ad?

historian: uh... no...?

----------------

lost my old email

Only registered members can see post attachments!

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

nut

skeptic: and all of that was run by one man? Mhmmm, and what was his name

historian: uhhh *looks around the food court* Orange Julius Chicken Caesar Melt. B-but that's just his full name

lost my old email

sorry i am not reading the thread titles properly again

Only registered members can see post attachments!

woooooo tiny shout out to deaf sex woooooooo it is spooky and i should have slept more posting up a storm this night wooooooooooooo i say. tiny shout out to mocking quantum also that guy rules. whoooooooooooo

Manifisto

historian, humming to self: roam, if you want to, roam, around the world

some guy: ya thats a good song

historian (thinking quickly): Im talking about rome, the ancient civilization that ruled the world. idiot.

ty nesamdoom!

google THIS

WetNightmare posted:

What if we put nipples on their armor lmao

cda

by Hand Knit
Ridley Scott: I made a movie about an alien on a space ship. I made a movie about future robots. I made a movie about Tom Cruise fighting to stop goblins from killing unicorns. CGI is finally good enough that I'm ready to tackle my most implausible fantasy yet: Ancient Rome.

google THIS

Historian: And that is why, to this very day, there is a religious headquarters in Rome guarded by a bunch guys dressed like clowns.

Me: Uh, why, again?

Historian: Uh, because (coughs several times), like I said.

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Nero Burning Rom(e)

sig by owlhawk911

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

which is proof that it did not exist, the country and most famous leader are named after CD burning software, CD burners did not exist anywhere near the time period that Rome was supposed to exist.

Tell me how this happened smarty pants?

sig by owlhawk911

beer pal

historian: so the romans fought -
ethnologist : romans?
sociologist: romans
anthropologist: whats a roman lul
ethnologist: u mean romanian ? dumbass
historian: no.. roman.. its a real thing...
anthropologist: ThE rOmAn EmPiRe

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

lost my old email

the byzantines constantly denied being romans and would insist at length that they were an original character

Heather Papps

hello friend

cda posted:

Ridley Scott: I made a movie about an alien on a space ship. I made a movie about future robots. I made a movie about Tom Cruise fighting to stop goblins from killing unicorns. CGI is finally good enough that I'm ready to tackle my most implausible fantasy yet: Ancient Rome.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
archaeologist: lol look at this pile of rocks. this is garbage.

historian: haha no, it's "Roman"

archaeologist: ahhhh, haha *winks*

historian: *winks*

Heather Papps

hello friend

i take roman style baths, which is to say, i don't take baths.

nut

historian: ...a-alright now no one be too mean, this is just a kind of first draft at him and...voila!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

if rome was real we would all know ceasar was pronounced with a hard "k" sound