Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
at first it was just one historian who started making up Rome, but then all the other historians starting doing it, like the really cool good ones, and the stupider, less cool historians who were out of the loop started talking about Rome like they knew all about it too, which made the cool historians laugh. now all of the historians know about it, and it's kind of a joke that they pull on professors. some professors know that Rome is a joke too though, and they laugh about it when students are taking notes on this completely bullshit made up society that neverhappened at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

treasure bear posted:

me: okay, and what came after the second punic war?
historian: bwheeh errmm.... the errrrr.. 3rd punic war...

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
yeahhhhhhhhhhhh sooooo this onnne guyyyy, duhhring the 2nd Punic Warrr, he rided an elelphannnntt, no, no! um, a whole army of elephaaaanntts, right into Rome. and there was elephants everywhere stomping on people! *pounding desk excitedly to simulate the stomping* and his nammme wasss, um, eerrmmmmggghh *looks at television and sees Silence of the Lambs* Hannibal!!! hahahahahahahaahahaa uhh i i mean it happened.

----------------

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

bee eater posted:

historian 1: when in rome!

historian 2: when in rome what?

h1: do...as...the romans

----------------

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
i wanna give them capes! the ones that fight! i want to give the ones that fight red superman capes! red superman capes and a red mohawk!!!!!!!!!!!!

----------------

WetNightmare

by sebmojo

FutonForensic posted:

Suetonius, panicking as he realizes he doesn't have enough room left to chronicle Caesar's long and happy life, writes:

And then all the senators got around Caesar and then they stabbed Caesar and then Caesar died. The End

historian: *raising magnifying glass* the way this handwriting changes...suggests...Rome must have gone through a period of extreme shrinking, where everybody shrank down really fast, probably from the heat of a volcano

----------------

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
random dumbass: it's insane how much American culture borrows from the Romans...

historian: *swallows drink wrong and coughs* yes, amazing...and something which there is no answer for...so...shut up.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WetNightmare

by sebmojo
Rome is a place now, but was it always? Watch Investigation Discovery Channel to find out.

----------------