Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I still need to learn when to wild assault as Faust. Speaking of which I feel good. I ran a random match against a Floor 6 and easily won. Yay I like to be reminded every now and again that I am decent at the same, just not good enough to beat people at floors 9 to celestial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
Id like to play you some time!! I hover between floors 6 and 7.

So far as wild assault Id say check out dustloops faust page under universal mechanics cuz i only know my bedmans white wild assault not the blue stuff. There its more a neutral tool than a comboing tool. Fausts blue wild assault looks like its more fast mobility after a good smack, along with guard crushing and staggering. Frame traps are apparently also good for you?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GypCbMULpzE

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
Reinstalling

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

ABA STOCKS ABILLIONAIRES

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/SQuirrel147/status/1771274458621153772

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dlc Character 4 had better be slayer with an 80% raw mappa or im uninstalling

Snicker-Snack
Jul 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/Wax_Tiger_Pop/status/1771631585126723876

Keygrab looks insane in this game lol. Combos from 2P on hit, and frames traps into + frames if 2P is blocked.

https://twitter.com/Wax_Tiger_Pop/status/1771656214369198154

Also she has a ton of fuzzy setups just like in +R lmao. I love it.

Snicker-Snack fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 23, 2024

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Definitely a Capcom crossover with Morrigan! I hope they'll use the old sprite.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Oh man, can't believe we're getting a crossover with Injustice. Can't wait to play Batman.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Nah, Jam just got real loving dark.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its robo ky he just has bats hanging around him for some reason

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

anime was right posted:

its robo ky he just has bats hanging around him for some reason

They're the dreaded autoexec bats.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Chev posted:

They're the dreaded autoexec bats.

Oh my god

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vwtpu59j9r4

gently caress yes

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

drat that rocks.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Oof is it just me or does ABA's 6P loving suck? I had serious trouble with the Arcade Mode boss because my natural inclination is to 6P Elphelt's rekka on reset but ABA's 6P felt really slow and ineffectual.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I can't wait to try ABA, especially because her theme kicks rear end. The callback to her +R theme halfway through is so satisfying.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

She has an unexpectedly wholesome ending in the story mode.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Y1AuYcgY50

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
If anyone feels like they've played this game to death, I highly recommend checking out under night inbirth 2. The increased complexity seems super intimidating at first, but the increased freedom that brings is honestly incredible amounts of fun.

If you do, hit me up for games I've got an incredibly mid merkava.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

If anyone feels like they've played this game to death, I highly recommend checking out under night inbirth 2. The increased complexity seems super intimidating at first, but the increased freedom that brings is honestly incredible amounts of fun.

If you do, hit me up for games I've got an incredibly mid merkava.

I suck bad enough at Strive to start dividing my efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU
I recently picked up strive again and decided to try it with a game pad this time since I thought I'd play more consistently if I didn't have to wrangle a fight stick every time. I didn't want to grind up my thumb on the D-pad but the problem I already had with the fightstick sometimes giving accidental jump commands during quarter circle motions got way worse with the thumbstick.

It turns out in steam, you can configure your controller layout for the individual game and if you re-bind the control stick to D-pad, it gives you a parameter to tweak called "Overlap Region". This seemingly lets you define how much of a deadzone you have before a 4-way directional input becomes a diagonal input. Basically, how much you can overshoot your quarter-circle forward motion before it registers as a diagonal-up and causes you to jump.

Tweaking this parameter has been amazing. I only got comfortable enough for online matches in the last day or two, but it's the first time I've been able to play the game without constant anxiety that any special I try to input could cause me to randomly jump and eat poo poo if my opponent isn't napping. I have a relatively fancy 8BitDo controller and the closest it has is swapping the d-pad/stick mapping, which does feel way better than the default setup, but still isn't as accurate. It may be a passable workaround if I want to play on someone else's setup for whatever reason, but steam auto-loads the configuration on game launch without needing the play with profile setups so it still wins as a home solution.

Just feels really good now and my instant youzansens still feel crisper than ever.