Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

I like the tower, I can generally find matches at my skill level and climb it slowly as I get better and having avatars instead of just a menu makes playing online feel less lonely. I do understand though how fucky it gets at the top end there's a massive spread of skill levels across floor 10 and heaven its like they need a separate celestial mmr queue. I'm starting to run into a problem where I do pretty well on 8, get ranked up to 9 then 0-5 out immediately. Yesterday was the first time I've ever hit 9 on top of the pile of dead bridgets. The park is useless since there's no ratings and I just get murdered.

I like the concept, just execution doesnt work. Also why are there 50 cabs in a lobby with only 25 people.

The stats and poo poo on RU are pretty interesting.

http://pc.ratingupdate.info/player_distribution

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Aug 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Tower doesn't really break down until you hit 10/heaven because then you end up in this horrible situation where you're either firmly a floor 10 player at which point every once in a while you get obliterated by a celestial challenger beyond you, or you're a celestial challenger who has to slog through several matches against braindead easy opponents, go to heaven, play against someone who's an actual challenge or god help you some top player who completely destroys you, and then sit through a cutscene both going up and going back down to play against boring players before you can play someone good again. If you're REALLY good then you just get to camp in heaven forever I guess but other than that it's just... constant irritation and hurdles to just playing matches that are enjoyable and challenging.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Boogalo posted:

I like the tower, I can generally find matches at my skill level and climb it slowly as I get better and having avatars instead of just a menu makes playing online feel less lonely. I do understand though how fucky it gets at the top end there's a massive spread of skill levels across floor 10 and heaven its like they need a separate celestial mmr queue. I'm starting to run into a problem where I do pretty well on 8, get ranked up to 9 then 0-5 out immediately. Yesterday was the first time I've ever hit 9 on top of the pile of dead bridgets. The park is useless since there's no ratings and I just get murdered.

I like the concept, just execution doesnt work. Also why are there 50 cabs in a lobby with only 25 people.

The stats and poo poo on RU are pretty interesting.

http://pc.ratingupdate.info/player_distribution

10-heaven is just such a colossal joke that the rest of the system looks bad. i have faced the challenge before and bounce between 8 and 10 and like for celestial there is zero way to tell if you are going to fight a good player or one of the top 25 best fausts in the world or something

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
you can use third party tools to look up players' ratingupdate elo

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
if i feel like i have to dodge players its a bad system

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

axl sucks right now so im playing the closest character to axl(baiken) instead

pog, I like you and think you're funny but I'm gonna kill you for slandering Baiken like this

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Skypie posted:

pog, I like you and think you're funny but I'm gonna kill you for slandering Baiken like this

what is kabari if not a chain? what is axl if not the user of chains? look in your heart -- you know this to be true

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

This game is meaningless without dandy step i dont even care what character they put it on now i just want it

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

This game is meaningless without dandy step i dont even care what character they put it on now i just want it

Fukyo Back - Beyblade is like a dandy step

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

what is kabari if not a chain? what is axl if not the user of chains? look in your heart -- you know this to be true

I will not accept this :colbert:

And I assure you it has nothing to do with Axl being my worst match-up

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Baiken's jS is straight up better than Axl's jS

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Jack Trades posted:

Baiken's jS is straight up better than Axl's jS

I switched characters for this exact reason lmfao. At least Axl has the better long-ranged low

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

2 out of 2 ex-Axl players agree: baiken is basically just axl

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Control Volume posted:

2 out of 2 ex-Axl players agree: baiken is basically just axl

real ones know about the axl to baiken pipeline

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If you like hitting jS you should try Millia

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

In Training posted:

you dont Get It

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I want to hit j.S and have it be game over i win, not then have to hit 40 other buttons to get 50%

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

In Training posted:

https://twitter.com/LordKnightBB/status/1555692410922864640

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

I'm so bad with Bridgette, how did I ever repeatedly make it to floor 10 as I-no.

She's fun though, compared to my favorite witch She's got really odd and sometimes really tight timing. I could see some better and more defensive players doing real well with her kit. Does anyone think anything needs to buffed or nerfed yet or is it way to soon for that?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

her command grab is pretty low damage compared to basically every other command grab in the game but she can also get in much easier than most characters so maybe its fine. just my initial impression is that it seems pretty low reward though, so the opponent doesnt really have to be that scared of it as an option

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
I noticed it's possible to attack Bridget, which seems unrealistic, given how cute she is

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I'm back on my Leo bullshit because learning the new characters is hard after a long break. Immediately going up ranks and belting Bridgets left right and centre.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I don’t give a gently caress if Bridget is low S garbage tier or whatever, I’m beating you all up with yo-yos until I die.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

FunkyFjord posted:

I'm so bad with Bridgette, how did I ever repeatedly make it to floor 10 as I-no.

She's fun though, compared to my favorite witch She's got really odd and sometimes really tight timing. I could see some better and more defensive players doing real well with her kit. Does anyone think anything needs to buffed or nerfed yet or is it way to soon for that?

she seems pretty low reward but has lots of constant setplay so its definitely too soon to call. people will probably optimize better oki setups and combo routes on her, and then we will see how people react to these better setups, and then we will know for certain. what i can say for certain is that her pressure(especially with RC to reset) lets you get a lot of corner carry, and shes one of the few characters in this game privileged with literal blockstrings

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
she seems to be very safe and fast, so its a flurry of blows and pokes

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Her hip check can cancel out a dragon fisting.

I don't know enough about the game yet to know if that's impressive but the image of all that cutscene buildup being cancelled by a single quarter-circle move is hilarious.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Aug 10, 2022

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man the Bridget arcade cutscene legitimately made me start crying. It's utterly insane that a weird heavy metal fighting game with a borderline incoherent plot can be more direct and positive than a lot of poo poo that tries to claim it is. Like freaking hell. It's a simple little thing but I was not expecting it to hit quite that hard.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah I got misty eyed and nostalgic. It’s funny how things work out, Bridget directly and indirectly had a major influence on a lot of trans people and now…🥹

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Flytrap posted:

I don't know enough about the game yet to know if that's impressive but the image of all that cutscene buildup being cancelled by a single quarter-circle move is hilarious.

Dragon super is a grounded command grab with ultra armor, the hip check is aerial, that's basically it.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
The interaction is mechanically not special at all but I'll always love that tweet of Happy Chaos shooting Ky out of his anime cutscene.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Flytrap posted:

It doesn't cancel it out exactly, it's just that Sol's super there can only grab grounded enemies and Bridget's butt attack counts as airborne and lasts longer than Sol's grab frames.
You can do the same Gio's 236K, or any other move that takes you airborne for long enough. Or you can jump.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

I'm enjoying Bridget a lot, but she's way harder than Giovanna. If I whiff a 2D or 5k in neutral, I can get destroyed. It's hosed up

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It doesn't cancel it out exactly, it's just that Sol's super there can only grab grounded enemies and Bridget's butt attack counts as airborne and lasts longer than Sol's grab frames.
You can do the same Gio's 236K, or any other move that takes you airborne for long enough. Or you can jump.

But it's funny when Flavortown Bear and YoYorarararara get utterly stuffed by big dragon man but then they are defeated by flying butt attack.

I've seen people get 60% off a wall-splat using the butt attack with a yoyo or kick here and there to spice stuff up.

Bridget is good, and them deciding to follow what makes them happy is good. They came back in the best way.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

My friend group had a impromptu blind mirror match tournament of Bridgets only on release, and my "training partner" reset the bracket and beat me. Had a lot of fun crashing yo-yo cars into each other. Anyway, guilty gear owns, Bridget rules, and I'm happy for her.

Tweet Me Balls fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Aug 10, 2022

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
The loading is too fast now. It's messing up my ritual up alt-tabbing and looking at poo poo while it loads.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Loading is still slow for me, even with Totsugeki. Is it broken :ohdear:

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
It's about 20~ seconds for me without Totsugeki on PC.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnZI-Ckd0jE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
well, that put the biggest loving smile on my face.