Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Ky Kiske why did you name your son Sin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

why would you ask the most catholic looking guy in the world a question like that

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Cuz it was a sin to be a Gear-fucker and also I think he was being blackmailed by the Conclave about his relationship with Dizzy at the time.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

I'd like to introduce everyone to my child, Crime.

Saman
Oct 23, 2008

Next, you'll say...
"What a good post!"

I think he's young enough that Ky and Dizzy weren't married when they had him, so frankly he got off light with not being named Adultery-Out-Of-Wedlock Kiske like the old Puritans.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Thou-Shalt-Not-Commit-a-Fuzzy-Mixup Kiske

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ibblebibble posted:

Ky Kiske why did you name your son Sin

Cause it’s a cool name!

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Tweet Me Balls posted:

I'd like to introduce everyone to my child, Crime.

I mean if my parents named me Crime LastName I would be thrilled that's a good name.

Same with Sin, really.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Be Crime, do gay

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
put batman in strive

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

https://twitter.com/baalbuddy/status/1373226805314850816

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Why are Dizzy and Ky kind of kind of adorable in that picture

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Most of my victory screens when playing Testament

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

Because they were drawn.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Got trashed in my first tournament yesterday but hey, at least it was fun.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Its like Go. Just go ajead and lose your first 100 matches, you'll get some real solid learning in the process.

But hey congrats on competing at all. That's usually how it goes your first time around in any fighting game tournament and now you know how to play for fun and for glory.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FunkyFjord posted:

Its like Go. Just go ajead and lose your first 100 matches, you'll get some real solid learning in the process.

But hey congrats on competing at all. That's usually how it goes your first time around in any fighting game tournament and now you know how to play for fun and for glory.

Yeah, as long as you treat a loss as "What did I do wrong and how can I not do it wrong next time" instead of "Stupid cheap bullshit game he must be hacking" you'll make gradual improvement.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

People who treat a loss as "Stupid cheap bullshit game he must be hacking" and send salty hate mail are a treasure though.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

A Cup of Ramen posted:

People who treat a loss as "Stupid cheap bullshit game he must be hacking" and send salty hate mail are a treasure though.

I have considered getting a separate Discord tag just for fighting games and displaying it so I can harvest from the salt mines occasionally

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Is there a lot of "oh, you played <fighter> how boring" because 'boring' seems to be the new flex to salve the wounded ego of the loser?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

Is there a lot of "oh, you played <fighter> how boring" because 'boring' seems to be the new flex to salve the wounded ego of the loser?

It isn't even new, that poo poo was around in arcades in the 90s.

"Oh you play Scorpion, EVERYONE plays Scorpion, why don't you play someone who takes skill.."

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

ImpAtom posted:

It isn't even new, that poo poo was around in arcades in the 90s.

"Oh you play Scorpion, EVERYONE plays Scorpion, why don't you play someone who takes skill.."

Pretty sure a youtuber I watch has a soundclip of LTG going on a salt trip because of a Scorpion player.

The more things change, and all that.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So I know I said before I was settling into Testament and Bridget, but I found a new main.

I play I-No.

I have no regrets.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

That's my trio and I love them, good choice.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

jimmydalad posted:

So I know I said before I was settling into Testament and Bridget, but I found a new main.

I play I-No.

I have no regrets.

They them, she her, and now cool hat. You have completed the trifecta

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Twibbit posted:

They them, she her, and now cool hat. You have completed the trifecta

I totally didn’t realise this but you’ve made my day :allears:.

boogiepop
Sep 24, 2018

TulliusCicero posted:

What do you mean "Why". The answer is plainly obvious.

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

I totally didn’t realise this but you’ve made my day :allears:.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I-No is a millennial icon, being horny on main to mask her depression and existential ennui

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I can honestly say that GGS has been my game of the year so far. I did not expect to be this invested in a fighting game but the approachability of the game made learning it not as harrowing a process. Also the community has been pretty great from what I've experienced.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I saw a shadow baiken in lobby, that was weird

since when is that a thing?

I do not like that she can do her parry/command grab seemly while taking damage tho

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

jimmydalad posted:

I can honestly say that GGS has been my game of the year so far. I did not expect to be this invested in a fighting game but the approachability of the game made learning it not as harrowing a process. Also the community has been pretty great from what I've experienced.

Welcome. Strive owns, and if you ever get interested, past games were sick too. +R has Rollback on steam and it's usually on sale for like 2 dollars. And one day they'll add rollback to Xrd. One day for sure.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I finally finished watching Woolie's lore primer series so it's time to engage with Strive's story mode.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Gamerofthegame posted:

I saw a shadow baiken in lobby, that was weird

since when is that a thing?

I do not like that she can do her parry/command grab seemly while taking damage tho

She can't, you just dropped your combo
Baiken parrying you is pretty much similar to Sol mashing Volcanic Viper for his life, it works in a lot of the same situations. You would've eaten a VV on the chin instead if that Baiken was a Sol.

Unless you are talking about +R or Xrd in which case she has guard cancel stuff and actually can parry and do special moves during blockstun. Still not while being comboed though.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 21, 2022

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

Ibblebibble posted:

I finally finished watching Woolie's lore primer series so it's time to engage with Strive's story mode.

I always skip story mode but Strive's was great since it's just a ridiculous anime short film with no gameplay needed

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I like Guilty Gear's background lore but I was bored out of my mind watching Strive's story mode. There were like 3 spoonfuls of action stretched out across two hours of bad Joker monologuing.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
I have 872 hours, never touched that stuff

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I liked Strive's story mode cuz they let Happy Chaos chew scenery. I thought the confrontations with Nagoriyuki got a bit repetitive and the way the final fight turns out was whack, but it was fun to watch

Plus, the Another Story chapter gave us the 2nd funniest moment in the series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brainSnakes
Jul 11, 2011

I'd never save you in a million years
The Strive visual novel convinced me Sol Badguy is a tool.

Leaving the president hanging for a high five? loving disgraceful