Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

I don't see any issues here

Heck same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I'm assuming Bridget is never coming back, which does make me a little sad.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
wheres answer

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Set up moves were all removed from the game and set up focused characters didnt make the roster.
The screen focus is really tight in strive. Theres not as much room for ky and ram to drop tokens on screen as there was in xrd let alone for answer or bedman or venom or jack o to build their whole game around.

Garrand posted:

Yoyo always comes back

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Feb 25, 2021

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Oberst posted:

You're getting Dizzy, Elphelt, Baiken, and Jam as the DLC and you're going to like it

woul dactually loving love to see dizzys animations in this game. i didnt ever play her at all in xrd personally but her lasers and fire and nukes and poo poo were all so cool

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Set up moves were all removed from the game and set up focused characters didnt make the roster.
The screen focus is really tight in strive. Theres not as much room for ky and ram to drop tokens on screen as there was in xrd let alone for answer or bedman or venom or jack o to build their whole game around.

Yoyo always comes back

Good - I'm glad all those characters are dead

Oberst
May 24, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

woul dactually loving love to see dizzys animations in this game. i didnt ever play her at all in xrd personally but her lasers and fire and nukes and poo poo were all so cool

Yeah I want to see her and others with new designs. Every character looks amazing

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Real hurthling! posted:

Yoyo always comes back

Milia and I-no are the most setup focused characters and made it in though?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Sorry i meant set up tokens on screen not like set up 50/50s and mixups. My bad on terminology

Like when ky could play a ring to shoot stun edge through.

Oberst posted:

Good - I'm glad all those characters are dead

I sucked so bad with answer so yeah cant say i miss him but he was cool

Vvv
Yah

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Feb 25, 2021

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Answer is the business ninja, right?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Played some Xrd last night and there were a handful (less than ten) of pubbies in the US east nyc lobby who I could keep up with for random matches

Compare that to dbz where every night has most US east1 64 man lobbies packed to the brim 3 years after launch. Whoever said dbz was bleeding players doesn't know what they're talking about (this may change after strive full release idk

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Sorry i meant set up tokens on screen not like set up 50/50s and mixups. My bad on terminology

Like when ky could play a ring to shoot stun edge through.

I sucked so bad with answer so yeah cant say i miss him but he was cool

Vvv
Yah

Yeah I love those characters they're awesome to look at and think about, but if you want anyone besides boomers to play excising bedman/venom/etc is a great move

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

really, did people complain about venom?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

b_d posted:

really, did people complain about venom?

I think he means like playing venom was hard cause you gotta build a trap on screen and get the opponent to fall into it and this is scary to scrubs that just want to bop opponents with big normals, not that people hate seeing venom

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Spuckuk posted:

Milia and I-no are the most setup focused characters and made it in though?

Think more why May doesn't have hoops or otter beachball anymore.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

What are these token placing characters called so i dont wrongly call them setup chars anymore?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

bridget is absolutely gonna be season 1 dlc for this game.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I think he means like playing venom was hard cause you gotta build a trap on screen and get the opponent to fall into it and this is scary to scrubs that just want to bop opponents with big normals, not that people hate seeing venom

This

I love venom , he's awesome to play against and venom mains deserve praise, but when half your cast is esoteric no normal human will ever want to play

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

What are these token placing characters called so i dont wrongly call them setup chars anymore?

Summons is the term used for May's things.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Reiley posted:

Summons is the term used for May's things.

Yeah and Bedman leaves "seals"
But i figured there was a generic name for a character that puts objects around the screen as part of their gameplan. Like how there are stance characters and puppet characters.
Who was the first fighting character that could put down a lot of persistent stuff?

Vvv
Yeah he could come as dlc i only meant that for launch they appear to have removed all such moves and specialized characters

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Feb 25, 2021

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Reiley posted:

Think more why May doesn't have hoops or otter beachball anymore.

They're not giving every single character tools to passively control parts of the screen anymore but there still can be characters specifically built around the concept. Venom doesn't seem like a stretch to me.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Garrand posted:

Extremely same. He was easily my best character in X.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Arzachel posted:

They're not giving every single character tools to passively control parts of the screen anymore but there still can be characters specifically built around the concept. Venom doesn't seem like a stretch to me.

It looks like they're explicitly designing the game to omit that exact thing and them retiring Venom in a Rev2 story mode makes a lot more sense in hindsight.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

It's me I want to bop people with big normals and setup/trap characters get in the way of that. Incidentally, leave Testament dead forever.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
Mankind knew that they cannot block mixups. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the netcode.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

give us zappa or why even bother

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Hmm...you're making a good point.

I do hate it when my opponents get to play the game, so I kinda with they'd bring some of those characters back into the game so I can play them.

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

dhamster posted:

Mankind knew that they cannot block mixups. So instead of reflecting on themselves, they blamed the netcode.

Yithian
Jun 19, 2005

dhamster posted:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Tired: playing a game where both players are actively a part of the fight and risk reward plays a hand

Wired: superdashing repeatedly and calling assists as the screen explodes in graphics hoping for a stray hit

Inspired: setting up a series of traps on screen that requires a knowledge check in order to play

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~
for anyone speculating on dlc, they did post these character popularity polls a while back: https://www.arcsystemworks.jp/guiltygear/db/en/volume1.php

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

cool how the top 3 are the same everywhere except japan

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Baiken Johnny Dizzy is going to make so much money

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

i'll keep screaming for Order Sol into the void knowing it is futile

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Real hurthling! posted:

I wanna say trap, but since he has to manually trigger the yo-yo that doesn’t seem right. Puppet?

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
i love how wild japan is about Bridget

I expect Slayer to be part of the first season thing.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

I feel like we'll get at least one or two new characters in the first round of DLC.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

You'd think That Man and/or Aria would show up considering the entire plotline is basically about them.

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

megane posted:

You'd think That Man and/or Aria would show up considering the entire plotline is basically about them.

They've been billing this as the last entry in Sol's story so it feels like it's now or never for That Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Look I just want one random background character on a stage to look right at the camera and say “woah, he sure is a..... BAD GUY”