Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Theotus posted:

So those of you with a stick, what button layout are you using? Dedicating a button to roman cancels didn't seem necessary so I am drunkenly messing around in arcade mode with:

P S HS x
K dsh D x

Does that seem about right?

K S H
P _ D is the arcade layout and what I use for all of them, although it's weird in strive since I still instinctively tried to Gatling stuff during the betas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is there gonna be a wiki with framedata for this game? Is dustloop still active or will Strive fall into the cursed "join 8 discords for info" trap of all other modern FGs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

here's what's looking like the good anti air combo for any millia players out there. Can't wait for Friday.

https://twitter.com/Alioune85/status/1402319253798273030?s=20

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this is cool

https://twitter.com/d2ftaxi/status/1402682813682315266

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody know whats going on here. 52 minutes and 13 seconds if the timestamp doesn't work.

https://twitch.tv/videos/1051307168?t=3133s

How do you trigger positive bonus without a wallbreak? I didn't know that was possible.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The servers seem to be melting but when I can actually get into game the netcode is crispy, delicious and buttery smooth.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Millia is super fun in this and it's never been easier to hit confirm into disc oki. Love putting people in a very stupid blender, and since there's a shitload of people online right now who have never touched a guilty gear, they simply don't block it. Cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gutcruncher posted:

I can’t believe that they thought tying every single aspect of online play to the habbo hotel was a good idea. Even besides just how annoying it all is, it’s also always been a HUGE point of failure for all connections. Even in the training mode idling mode, you’re still susceptible to the hotel just not loving working.

It's been universally reviled since the very first unveiling and they just posted through it. Pretty cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The big problem right now is that player lobbies just straight up do not work, which means I have to continue using parks for player matches which loving huffs turds through my butthole.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The lobbies are inexcusably bad. I mean we all knew this from the betas but they didn't change anything. gently caress you arcsys.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well the thing is they're much more arbitrary now then they used to be. You could just hit the buttons in order in previous GG games almost universally, which always felt good. Now it's pretty much just S > HS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NonzeroCircle posted:

Game looks and sounds stunning, feels pretty good too. Only tried Millia so far as she was what I'd laughingly refer to as my main and the changes from Xrd to her moves are messing me up a bit.
It's the same thing I had with Juri between SFIV and SFV where a few of my standards are gone/have changed and its an adjustment.
Other than online gripes, this is fun. The lobby system is a bit wank but it makes more immediate sense to me than whatever was going on in Xrd. Looking forward to sinking teeth into it properly tomorrow.

the stuff to start doing with millia is fish with 5K and then hitconfirm into 2K >2D qcfH. After you drop the disc and you're still in the air you have like 4 mixup options based on your positioning, so have fun getting in your opponents head.

I use her in +R and Xrd and it was an adjustment getting used to her new normals but I've been having a lot of fun today. Still miss pin though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah it doesn't feel like +R or Xrd at all but it's still real fun. At least on day 1 for myself. I like the big damage.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has ArcSys even acknowledged that private lobbies are busted. Curious how long it'll take to fix those bc meeting up with people in a park is an extra layer of hassle in a game that already has too many loading screens..

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

arcsys is hosting a little day 1 round robin tourney, some good matches so far
https://twitch.tv/arcsystemworksu

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Any millia gamers in here figure out the relaunch combo. I've seen LK and other top players do it but for the life of me I can't figure out the timing on the delay j.S that lets you land and do c.S again, it's pretty tricky. I've just been sticking with cS 2H haircar H disc since it's reliable and let's me keep doing mixups, but optimal damage would be nice to have as well.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

Disc after haircar is fake as poo poo, dude. I was airthrowing you before you recovered from throwing the disc when I noticed you ended with haircar. I think you need 2D or throw to get an actual disc setup.

it's not fake it just requires a microdash, which is what I gently caress up when doing it. or if you do 6H then haircar the knockdown is too far away to squeeze in a disc

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The sales prove the haters wrong, everyone loves the lobbies and waiting 4 minutes to load the game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

shoc77 posted:

I wanted to main Millia as she looks cool with her hair attacks but her movesets seem to involve a lot of aerial approaches and mix ups which is a lot for my brain to take in as a noob. I lost all my games last night playing her compared to playing KY where I can still have a basic game plan and carry it out somewhat.

Should I just go back to Ky or continue floundering as Millia? :(

Millia is really fun but hard to pick up as a noob because of her low health (2nd lowest in the game behind Chipp), especially in a game like strive where you eat one CH and you're 60% dead and probably about to deal with getting up into more bullshit. But trapping people in your vortex is intensely rewarding once you get good at it and she has rly fun air combos. I learned GG with Xrd Millia and have mained her since, I believe in you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The legendary woshige can't count set is what set me on the millia path for life.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Default Millia here.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

shoc77 posted:

Is there a way to ensure that my supers confirm into my opponents more reliably?

Everytime I tried to ⚡ Ride The Lightning ⚡ my opponent, they manage to block it and I end up eating a big fat combo in return. :smith:

Try doing it after you land a faster and safer move first, it's called a hit confirm. You poke or pressure with a couple of fast normals until your opponent gets hit by one, then you combo (in this game you can just hit like heavy slash) and then do the super for Massive Damage.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You just get used to it, but also this is the first game I've been using a dash button, and I'm still not used to it so I screw up all the time. I

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

guppy posted:

I'm having a few tough days in a row of getting wrecked constantly. I'm still very new and of course I have many weaknesses, but i feel like my biggest is that when i find openings i have trouble converting the openings I find into significant damage. I also recognize patterns people throw at me but have trouble punishing them with any consistency, usually able to block them at best; I have trouble against I-No especially, when she either uses her fireball to cover her approach or leans heavily on Stroke the Big Tree. The latter I totally understand I can block low or punish with something like Gio's 5S, but the startup is fast and I'm not always quick enough unless I predict it's coming.

All of the "beginner" videos are way too basic at this point, but I don't really know how to improve. Any suggestions on improvement? I'm on floor 5 and mostly stay there still, playing everyone a little but focusing on Gio and Sol.

A good way to practice hit confirming is to set the training dummy to randomly block, and then practice your blockstrings. Get used to reacting to a blocked set of pressure with a safe ender and turning the pressure into a combo if they drop the block during a part of it. Will improve your comfort in general when you go back to playing against humans

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How is YRC punishable you can only do it during blockstun and it leaves you 0/slightly plus I think.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

You can do a fast recovering move to bait it. Gio can do 5K hold back and if they YRC the 5K you block their YRC and you can counter hit them.

thats cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

b_d posted:

where are there skeletons in this game anyway?

in your hands

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't tried it at all but can you launch Strive if you're not connected to the internet.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like playing this game but don't launch it anymore bc of how long it takes to load. They should fix that

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The ranking up and down part takes too long. Why show me the elevator. Who cares I'm just right back into queue anyway

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

millia's meter gain sucks so you deserve to be CH smoked when I get the chance

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the only better feeling in this game than blocking a wake up super is blocking a burst

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RevolverDivider posted:

Honestly your character quality doesn’t matter outside of celestial and even then not really since skill disparities in celestial are gigantic

actually you'll be surprised to learn that everything that I do wrong on offense is because my character sucks and everything that I do wrong on defense is because my opponents won't stop picking cheater rear end top tier characters.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

poe meater posted:

Remember, you don't anyways need to swing and press buttons!

Says who.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Millia mirrors are super fun and make me feel bad for the people who have to block this byllshit

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

millia players are everybody who asked for fighting game 101 tips, were told to stop jumping so much and said "No."

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

once air approaches get predictable they're very punishable

That's why pin needs to come back

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

Sf6 is gonna suck so hard

it will be tremendous to witness a game that causes people to say "at least sfv was better than this"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

millia changes are cool too, hit confirm combos off S disc and being able to actually use lust shaker will help her feel like a more complete character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Does celestial challenge floor count towards the celestial population .