Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I was also enamored by the cum vial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I was actually wondering if strive was gonna be designed with a traditional layout in mind or not. Is there any consensus on that so far?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Nagoriyuki is fun but fighting ram as Nagoriyuki isn't fun. I just want to do an anti air.

dhamster posted:

Added, it's a really new resource but also very good. Infil is a miracle worker.

Infil rules. His KI guide is only really rivaled by Dustloop.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

unimportantguy posted:

Every Axl I play against seems to have a potato for a router or something and I'm seeing 7+ rollback frames. I guess it makes sense that Axl players are time travellers but it sure is annoying!

I fought an Axl named LearningTimeTravel and I swear they put on a 30fps frame limiter on and I had to play the whole match at half speed.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Inputs seem pretty simple in general in this game, I haven't seen anything more complicated than 623 and 632146. Were previous GGs like this? The last one I played was XX back like 20 years ago and I don't remember any of the inputs now.

GG has never been very difficult on inputs, just absurd pacing and being incredibly analogue.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Andrigaar posted:

Can someone clue me in on how to get past Nagoriyuki's constant barrage of slashes that zone out 75% of the screen? He just slowly moves to one side slashing at the entire screen.

I know he can be thrown between slashes, but if one connects it does 1-2 more hits automatically and I can't find the window to punish a whiff.

https://youtu.be/1Y5NUmv2YbQ

Here is a view from the other side.

Any uncanceled blocked hit of the string is unsafe. It'd help if you said who you're playing as, since it's gonna depend a lot on what you have available.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Jul 6, 2021

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Real hurthling! posted:

Whats a cool set up to land sol command grabs besides empty jumping in

FWIW I think the sol consensus is that normal throw is better across the board unless the wild throw is going to kill outright. Better rcs, better oki and you choose the side it lands on.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

One thing to note about this thing is that on a counter-hit, 623H launches the opponent higher, so Fukyo will put you on the other side and you will have to delay the c.S a little or the f.S will miss for the opposite reason.

You can hold back to cancel the momentum and keep your original position if you like. This also sets up a funny combo where you do back fukyo into cS repeatedly and keep them in the same spot.

I find in a lot of situations if the cS pops the opponent high up you have to slightly delay the SSS string or they fall through it. This fucks me up in the corner a lot cuz you don't seem to have to delay there.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Jul 18, 2021

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Mammalian posted:

I think it's time for an upgade.

I'm still using this stick from like 8 years ago:

I'm totally willing to switch to a new one, but would there be any benefit? The buttons feel spongey to me but I was sure they were sanwa parts when I initially bought it.

Not really. If you like the layout, the most difficult part of a stick is getting the enclosure. Buttons are replaced for a relatively low cost (couple or few bucks per button), and the PCB can be replaced for new consoles as time goes on.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I have a celestial floor challenge waiting but I don't even care anymore. I've been kicked out of heaven so many times. The only way I'm getting VIP is if I game it and that would mean I'd have to be bitchmade. Which I am, but not in the videogame rank way. I've been kicked out of heaven like three times in one lay session before and tbh its the only thing in fg that has made me feel like I'm legitimately bad at the genre. This ranking system is doodoo.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I'm really glad they actually changed Nago 6p, because it was a footsies button and not an AA lol. I expected some kinda nerfs but the psuedo-buff stuff is great. Looks like Faust is forever going to be my old main, even if the changes do seem okay.

MY INEVITABLE DEBT posted:

some of these buffs are very confusing. i-no already won japan evo, leo was already oppressive in stance, axl already was winning tournaments

They should have nerfed Panda because Panda won TWT imo

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

You can also set up situations with Blue RC where you can't challenge charged dust and have to eat a high/low mixup. Nago does this easily.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Probably also a reference to the excellent Meshuggah song. Or it's just a very special jellyfish I guess.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Real hurthling! posted:

Jump back whenever he disappears and deal with the consequences of that rather than command grab mix up

Yea my entire development in nago offense has been finding ways to deal with smart up back and chicken blocking. It's really annoying to catch pre jump frames without a setup. Megafist's insane evasion is turbo up backing too.

E: Kara pot buster beats bite in a straight clash too. It takes longer so you invuln the bite and grab its recovery if you both do it at the same time.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 1, 2021

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Does this change to Shizuriyuki mean you no longer have to fukyo cancel to follow up?

Nobody knows but it would be cool to have some alternate routes. I'm curious if 6P CH might have some different follow-ups or if the changes only apply to regular hit.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Whack Trades

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I started playing again on the baiken patch to learn Sol and just haven't set foot on the ranked floors once. Got celestial a few times but the ranked tower just sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

idk if I could get to celestial in February, 2022 strive