Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Picking Leo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Psn sucks

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

:same:

e: I was able to add it to my library from the online store in my browser, so you can try that
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0036-CUSA24910_00-GGSTOBTUS0000100

This worked downloading now

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Yes, pot and nagoriyuki

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I was playing earlier today, but its down now

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Working now

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Down again

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Yeah its so smooth when the servers are up arcsys rollback in dbz and gbvs pwease

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Zand posted:

no, its not. its just bad.

the amount of downtime between matches even when things are working well is disgusting. the matches go so fast that i spend more time in between matches and loading stages than actually playing the game

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Well back to dbzf or xrd for a month

Oberst
May 24, 2010

You're getting Dizzy, Elphelt, Baiken, and Jam as the DLC and you're going to like it

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

I don't see any issues here

Heck same

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Set up moves were all removed from the game and set up focused characters didnt make the roster.
The screen focus is really tight in strive. Theres not as much room for ky and ram to drop tokens on screen as there was in xrd let alone for answer or bedman or venom or jack o to build their whole game around.

Yoyo always comes back

Good - I'm glad all those characters are dead

Oberst
May 24, 2010

40 lbs to freedom posted:

woul dactually loving love to see dizzys animations in this game. i didnt ever play her at all in xrd personally but her lasers and fire and nukes and poo poo were all so cool

Yeah I want to see her and others with new designs. Every character looks amazing

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Played some Xrd last night and there were a handful (less than ten) of pubbies in the US east nyc lobby who I could keep up with for random matches

Compare that to dbz where every night has most US east1 64 man lobbies packed to the brim 3 years after launch. Whoever said dbz was bleeding players doesn't know what they're talking about (this may change after strive full release idk

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Sorry i meant set up tokens on screen not like set up 50/50s and mixups. My bad on terminology

Like when ky could play a ring to shoot stun edge through.

I sucked so bad with answer so yeah cant say i miss him but he was cool

Vvv
Yah

Yeah I love those characters they're awesome to look at and think about, but if you want anyone besides boomers to play excising bedman/venom/etc is a great move

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

I think he means like playing venom was hard cause you gotta build a trap on screen and get the opponent to fall into it and this is scary to scrubs that just want to bop opponents with big normals, not that people hate seeing venom

This

I love venom , he's awesome to play against and venom mains deserve praise, but when half your cast is esoteric no normal human will ever want to play

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Tired: playing a game where both players are actively a part of the fight and risk reward plays a hand

Wired: superdashing repeatedly and calling assists as the screen explodes in graphics hoping for a stray hit

Inspired: setting up a series of traps on screen that requires a knowledge check in order to play

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Baiken Johnny Dizzy is going to make so much money

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Extremely glad they're taking the time to make sure this game launches as well as possible

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lol the air distance changes are bad

Oberst
May 24, 2010

canoshiz posted:

Luckily for you Daisuke explicitly wants to make this a game where sinking lots of hours into it would largely be pointless

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

yeah instead its just gonna be bad op

Guilty Gear StrIVe: FGC Boomer Zone

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Vorik posted:

I remember when a lot of people were freaking out when it was first revealed that this new GG was going to be simplified. Then the beta came out and it was a ton of fun. Doing the exact opposite of whatever the 40 year old fans of this genre think should be done is probably the best course of action. :smugdon:

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Metapod posted:

I don't really think at this point in time you can say that the skill ceiling has been either lowered or highered in strive

No you see the screeching and jumping to conclusions is totally reasonable and not fgc boomer as hell

Oberst
May 24, 2010

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

people want games in a series to play like that series has played

this confuses and angers people who get really angry about quarter circle motions and finger puzzles, news at eleven

Ok boomer

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Been playing alot of +R and Xrd since the last beta and I'm trying to decide who to play in Strive beta. Hoping they make Faust better than he was last beta

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Ok boomer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Pockyless posted:

https://twitter.com/SuperDEBico/status/1387999090768756743?s=20

Deb, the 2019 Xrd champion, is pretty sure that all the changes in the beta release notes were probably in the recent Japan location test and made a thread with loc test footage. Wait for the game to become playable before you lose your mind about it.

Nope it's completely normal to declare a game ruined before release