Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I can't wait for this newer, slower GG with more superflashes, timeslows, cinematic zooms and pans, and other control-removing features coming hot off the heels of Fighterz.

I'm not even being facetious, I'm legit looking forward to it. I'm just gonna take it for what it is at this point, and if nothing else:

Real hurthling! posted:

The trailer song is very cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I wonder how long they'll keep support up before starting over on the next game with a roster reset.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Remember when HOS led the wanted character poll for like 90% of its run? That was a good time, we should go back to that era.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Real hurthling! posted:

Didnt bridget win all those polls

The top five of the xrd character poll were Dizzy (32,990), Bridget (32,639), Baiken (31,281), HOS (28,977), and Anji (13,758). HOS was leading for a good chunk of time, but the final push was insane. The drop off past HOS though is pretty hilarious though.

Edit: Just for the sake of it:

6 Testament 7578
7 Robo-Ky 5633
8 Izuna 5064
9 A.B.A 3731
10 Zappa 3404
11 Valentine 3274
12 Raven 2665
13 Fanny 2160
14 Dr. Paradigm 2070
15 Justice 1628
16 Kliff Undersn 829

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I mean, there's an english version here

https://www.twitch.tv/arcsystemworksu

Notable things are like, 4/6D being throw instead of 4/6H, gatlings being massively reworked, not comboing off dust unless it's a counterhit, ky having persona style special effects on his lighting attacks where like if he hits someone with one, their guard balance increases faster, etc

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I didn't catch the whole thing, my net wasn't quite stable at the time, I just heard that there's some light same button autocombo stuff now?

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Moe_Rahn posted:

this is taking poo poo to a RESIDENT EVII_ level

They called the 16th Guilty Gear Guilty Gear STRIVE.

And yet don't have a GG3. We have a third game in the X line, after X and XX/X2, and a Guilty Gear 2 but if they're dropping out of the X line here then :shrug:

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

HerniaFlange posted:

Oh, I didn't notice how the burst refill was set up, yeah that needs to change. The RISC doesn't seem so bad but that probably should be a straight solid bar too. I dunno, I just liked the solid colors and not having the layers of SO FUKKIN METAL that was visually distracting to me, in a game that stopped being metal outside of like name references around GG2 and became anime as all hell.

"Became" anime as all hell? That's a weird line to hear after ~10 years of people saying the series was too anime to play and scoffing at sprites.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

http://s1.webmshare.com/LxWMr.webm
Scaling.avi

:stonk:

Edit: jesus christ sa, let embeds just work

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 10, 2020

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Arzachel posted:

New YRC is dead angle/guard cancel/whatever you call it.

https://twitter.com/Zarythe/status/1278933768527544320

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

A vampire with a sword who has defined attacks that make the sword glow and have little red wisps of blood drawn to them? Seems familiar somehow.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Metapod posted:

Lmao oh no the game might be approachable to new players

yeah instead its just gonna be bad op

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Metapod posted:

I'm sorry the game series you like is going have larger player base because they made something fun for all skill levels

Yeah really gotta do something about those dastardly finger puzzles and fun concepts like high mobility and combos to really give the series cred, right

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

people want games in a series to play like that series has played

this confuses and angers people who get really angry about quarter circle motions and finger puzzles, news at eleven

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oberst posted:

Ok boomer

Aren't you the guy that had a meltdown in the fg thread about people were just ~triggered~ when you said everyone was just hand wringing over not picking The Right Character?

Better to be a boomer than that I'd say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Calling it a 'simplification' is weird, cuz like, yeah, that's how you simplify and make more accessable right, making things more restrictive and tighter rules?