Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I can't string more than slash->slash and I'm stuck on floor 7. The ladder system is heavily weighted against anyone that can press buttons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I still get hard crashes doing training mode matches. One time my connection died so hard I couldn't press any buttons and had to alt f4 out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I haven't faced a single sol past floor 7, I literally faced way more Eddie's. Where the hell are they.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Spam his parry spin, especially against Rams

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Countblanc posted:

managed to get to floor 10, which is basically meaningless from what ive seen but im pretty surprised i made it happen. stay strong out there, gamers.

Less than 2% is even beyond floor 8, probably

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Pc version is straight up trash for online

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Control Volume posted:

Whats the execution barrier on this game? I ran into a brick wall when I tried a Blazblue game way back in the day because I could barely execute single moves consistently with practice, and then the game wanted me to string them together in some 10-ply monster of a combo that I couldnt complete in a 3hr dedicated session. Im guessing this still isnt a game I can handle but unlike a lot of fighters, I could actually comprehend what was happening in a fight when watching.

Slash, slash, heavy is a generic combo that does 35% life

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

i hate this matchmaking

i keep getting "failed to connect" to every station to the point where i have to go around and try everyone twice

why did they change it, it's not like this game can be sold in china since it has skeletons

unless it's for future DNF sales

https://www.play-asia.com/guilty-gear-strive-chinese/13/70e3cd

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also the chinese dark web gamers have not exactly shown restraint the past few months with their native games. And lots of public apologies by companies for even mentioning Taiwan as its own thing.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Is the answer to Fujin spam down-back, react and mash with punch if nothing comes out immediately?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

https://twitter.com/noodalls/status/1408235016170074115

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Rockcandy 360 pad user here

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The only difference between learning a fighting game and anything else competitive/multiplayer is that the population for a CoD or mobage is just so much larger for a bigger pool of players to match up with before you actually have to think.

Strive's floor system is protecting the majority of the players hard from the people that can punish at 8+ which is the tiny minority.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Gazaar posted:

Do people not use matching on PC? Sat in a queue for like 8 minutes without a bite, do I really have to go to a tower/park and stand at a kiosk?

If you're waiting 8 min for a match, it's very likely the game lobby crashed and you need to restart. This happens a lot on PC. Like if you suspect this and exit training mode to enter lobbies, you realize you literally can't do anything outside of alt+f4 to get out.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Practice against the CPU to simulate someone rushing you down like a crazy person

you learn what to press fast

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Especially when the ranks reset and majority of the celestial are back at 10.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

How do you handle I-No's projectile + jump attack that's both high and low at the same time? (In the corner, by the way, as usual...)

Jump and block.

I-No's projectile is weak at first and gets strong the longer it exists,

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

unimportantguy posted:

I was in training earlier working on the execution and effective range of Overhead Kiss and how to follow up on it, and I accidentally came up with a combo when I hosed up the inputs on my followup. I was kind of proud of it, but looking at it now after working on it a bit I feel like it might be a waste of meter?

I'm pretty sure command grab in corner naturally has a wall break combo without meter, that's why May is goddamn scary.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Granblue was super juiced by being a huge monetization value for the whales, too.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Skypie posted:

it is very annoying to go from 1 rollback frame when the opponent is winning to 6-7 when I'm ahead and suddenly I can't actually react to anything

Are you on PC

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I've been getting a lot more times of the game forgetting to ask me to re-floor, so I go on a 10 minute binge of people rejecting me until I noticed I"m a floor 10 in floor 8??

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm not exactly sure if there should be more of a restriction getting into floor 9 and 10 cause there's an incredibly huge gulf between "Just made it to floor 10" and "I didn't start my grind into celestial despite having 900 wins."

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I read a random comment that you can't go lower than 2 floors of your peak floor, and this game's ladder system really punishes you if you got far with one character but want to learn another.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's like 7 people I met with 800+ wins o floor 9, I think pc is hosed for mmr.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

It's about time they added an insane "I'm a robot" character to Guilty Gear

Robo Ky is gone, you can't get him back

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Does anyone want to help someone that is 113 hours in and losing 30 matches to a floor 5 potemkin

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

He never did unsafe hammerfall, its usually followed up by an rc or he puts me in a Garuda mix after any knockdown. I try to distance myself but that usually ends up into an rc cancel pot buster.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Is this an actual floor 5 Potemkin because I played a 'floor 7' Sol that almost won free amateur smash.gg tourney last night who sure seemed like a top ranked player. There are a sizeable number of people who just play in private rooms or in the park for whatever reason

This was a park Potemkin, I don't know if that makes a difference.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

poe meater posted:

Post some replays, it saves like the last 100 matches

I tried recording a game in obs, and the recording is literal 5 fps, my computer is too old.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Just add Belial to Guilty Gear

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm a floor 10 idiot and I don't know what a fuzzy is, so probably just downback and jab

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Faced a nago named MAGA, thanks game

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Axl spamming his command grab

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

jasoneatspizza posted:

That does sound pretty bad. I feel like more streamers should be calling him out with all the tournaments he's been in lately? I'll stop watching him though.

lol they don't call out women beaters, even welcome them

Am I talking about Noel brown or infiltration, who knows!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I use a switch pro thumb stick. Not celestial but to the point where I can easily get to the challenge, I generally avoid it nowadays cause the constant floor moving annoys the poo poo the out of me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

play May

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Also match-ups are skewed when there's 0 Sols in Europe's top 8.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Leffen was also a top DBZ fighter, he's just a general good player

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

A loudmouth diva is kinda whatever when we have Capcom sponsored tournaments housing women beaters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Learning what your jabs link into blows up a lot of players. Jab jab knockdown button (Sol is 5p->6H, May is 5p->3K).