Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dprk -i juche.deb
Jul 25, 2012

you must give up playing this hole

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I've been working on Fukyo > Bloodsucking Universe because I keep whiffing it for reasons I'm not entirely clear on; I think I'm getting the inputs right, but there must be some timing issue. I get the normal 6P instead of Bloodsucking Universe for the same sequence of inputs sometimes:

I read the dustloop article on Nago a few times but nothing in the descriptions of either ability sticks out here. Clearly I am capable of throwing out moves since 6P comes out, the question is why that move and not the one I wanted?

It looks like you're doing 236P instead of 623P. Bloodsucking universe is 623P (forward, down, down+forward).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dprk -i juche.deb
Jul 25, 2012

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

As mentioned, the same sequence of inputs does produce Bloodsucking Universe most of the time. The last 6 for Fukyo counts as part of the next input as well.

You're not ending the motion on 3, though, you're moving all the way to 6, then hitting the button. You should hit the button at the same time as you hit 3, and it will be more consistent.

dprk -i juche.deb
Jul 25, 2012

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I was a little quick on the edit, but to emphasize, even something sloppy like this:

Is 100% consistently Bloodsucking Universe. It's only when there's a Fukyo before that it doesn't work all the time. (And even when you press on 3 and never even go to 6, the result is just a 2P instead of 6P when it flubs.)

If you're getting 2P even when you hit the button at the same time as 3, then there is probably too much of a gap between the 6 from fukyo and the 2, so you might need to try inputting bloodsucking universe earlier, or holding the 6 from fukyo longer. The 623 input should be one smooth motion, if there's a gap between the 6 and the 2 it may not work.

Alternatively you can just do the full 623 motion from scratch to get bloodsucking universe. Input leniency can be tricky when it interacts with different cancel timings and overlapping inputs, so rather than relying on it, I think you will generally be better served by trying to do the full motion and letting input leniency (possibly) save you when you get it wrong.

dprk -i juche.deb
Jul 25, 2012

b_d posted:

one of the missions tells you to be aggressive in neutral until you get positive bonus. i've never seen this happen in the actual game (positive bonus without a wall break) but it happens pretty quickly in the mission. i guess this is a mechanic they changed, but why is the mission still there? didn't they have to do something to it to make it still happen in the mission anyway? why would they do that instead of removing it? idgi

It does happen sometimes ingame, it's just very rare unless your opponent is sitting there like a punching bag and letting you do whatever you want. I've gotten it fighting the CPU in arcade mode. It does seem unrealistic to aim for it in actual matches though.

dprk -i juche.deb
Jul 25, 2012

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I'm having a little trouble getting Nago's 623H > Fukyo > c.S > f.SSS to work - I know I have to cancel after the first swing of 623H, that's not the problem. No, the problem is that after the c.S, the first f.S doesn't connect despite visually appearing to overlap the enemy's sprite (as far as I can tell - it's possible I'm wrong about that). Instead the opponent falls to the floor, and now I'm negative because of the big whiff. Am I just not throwing it out fast enough, or does it need specific spacing, or am I missing something else? I've spent some time in training, but it's not really clicking.

The timing is a bit tight, it seems like you have to hit cS as early as possible after fukyo and then cancel into fS as soon as possible to stop them from hitting the ground too early. To make it easier you can try 623H > fukyo > 5k > cS > SSS which also seems to do a bit more damage. The 5k gives you a bit more height. (e: but the 5k may not be possible depending on how many hits came before the 623H since you may end up too far for cS to come out)

dprk -i juche.deb fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 17, 2021

dprk -i juche.deb
Jul 25, 2012

Elvis_Maximus posted:

The balance being otherwise pretty dang good really does make Sol pretty egregious. I wonder if the first dlc patch will include balance updates.

If I could change one thing on I-no, I'd make j.D be a launch again so that double overhead is a scary option once more rather than just mostly chip damage without an RC

It's not that bad, after j.D you can do j.236H~H j.P j.P (land) 6H 214K to get OK damage and a wallstick in the corner, or end early to keep them cornered and go for another mixup. You don't get much damage midscreen, but you can get decent corner carry with j.236H. And anywhere on the screen you can get big damage or big plus frames if you cancel into ultimate fortissimo after j.D. If we're asking for I-No buffs I'd much rather get a better hitbox on chemical love and general movement speed increases.

dprk -i juche.deb
Jul 25, 2012

fortocero posted:

yeah imagine losing to that same Ino (fl 9 west coast) after she flubs 2 supers because you're a dumb ape who never blocks.... couldn't be me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPD2rGwqLSM

although I looked at the 3 game set we played and that Ino isn't a terrible player, she knows how to block and change it up (or at least how to do it against Leo). I honestly think you caught her thinking "there's no way he's gonna hit me with that low again" - and the one time she actually ducks (~50 secs in) you hit her w/ the charged dust combo lmao.

Those don't really look like flubbed supers, I-No's air super is massively plus (+37 according to dustloop) so it's not a bad idea to do even just as a poke if you can spare the meter. It works well against hard-to-contest buttons, if it's blocked it gives you your turn, and it's hard to punish on whiff. Their decisionmaking on when to use it could be better though.

dprk -i juche.deb
Jul 25, 2012

Dracula Factory posted:

I'm having some input problems that I'm not sure how to adapt to. I'm using a hitbox and I'm having a hard time doing drift RC inputs because it seems like using the dash button is best for that (it's in the MK position on my controller right now) but I've gotten used to doing RC's by tapping the top 3 buttons (p,s ,hs,) and doing both at once is weird and I'm having a hard time getting used to it. Do other people do drift RC's in a different way or would it just be best for me to bind RC to one of my outside buttons and get used to hitting that?

What finger are you hitting the dash button with? I have it on the MK position too, and I find it pretty comfy to tap the dash button with my thumb and then hit the top three buttons with my index, middle and ring fingers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dprk -i juche.deb
Jul 25, 2012

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

What's a good way to practice safe jumps against reversals? I tried setting the training dummy to randomly do 5P or a relevant DP/super, but it occurs to me that I need to somehow test for both at the same time. Like if I do the jump and it works out, that could be because I did it correctly, or it could be that the dummy randomly chose the thing that got punished by what I did but if it had gone the other way I would be smoked.

There's a lot of ways to do it but one thing that I'll do sometimes is make myself Sol, the training dummy my character, then record my safe jump and set the dummy to guard after. Play it back, do a reversal S dp on wakeup, and see if the dummy blocks it. You can record five of them in a row and play each of them back to see how many you got right, then try again until you can record 5 perfect safejumps in a row. (This does require you to be fairly consistent at your reversal DP timing, but that's also a useful skill to practice.) This way you get feedback on both sides (while you record, you see if the meaty is timed right, then when playing back you test if it's safe against DPs).