Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
What's a good character to use to learn this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Should I buy a stick now or wait? There nothing on the horizon for native PS5 sticks and apparently Hori, Razer and qanba work fine. I'm pretty keen on the hori fighting edge because the other are hard to get in Australia or much more expensive.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lol very informative. I think I will have to try Leo.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mechafunkzilla posted:

:same:

e: I was able to add it to my library from the online store in my browser, so you can try that
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0036-CUSA24910_00-GGSTOBTUS0000100

I can't even do this lol it says I don't own the game (I own the game).

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Welp there is literally no way for me to get my beta that's nice.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Marge: what the hell's an r code

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I like it when it fucks with you failing to download an r code over a minute instead of a few seconds. Very exciting.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

New message: It is currently not the beta testing period

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

They'll get it working and probably run a longer beta or a second smooth one. They might have to run a second smooth one now.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ah poo poo I just saw a video of Potemkin's heavenly buster and I feel like I'm on the verge of signing on tomorrow to lose every match but once in a blue moon bodyslam someone from space (and then lose).

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ramlethal seems very easy to beat other scrubs with. I'm just countering and using my range to remain untouched while the other player is slowly forced to the wall, then I throw my swords at them against the wall.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

The explosions are brutal

It feels too easy. I was losing every match trying out the Russian hair character then switched and just started winning all the time.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Real hurthling! posted:

Ramlethal is godlike omg im killing it

Yeah wtf she's insane for nubs like me.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I've been playing nago a lot and my first move is almost always to blink away because I also mash slash sometimes and I've learned a few hard lessons. I also get a free hit if the other player goes for an attack since I can usually still reach them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

The only thing you really want from the tutorial is where it tells you to Roman cancel but also you need to gently caress around with Roman cancels during a combo or a battle so just get stuck in.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

But stuff like that, I just don't understand how I'm meant to do that at the pace of an actual match. If I'm not just mashing buttons, it feels like it takes far too long for me to think about how to do anything.

I know, I'm just whining about being bad at the game. I'm just disappointed after so many people swore "No, GG's tutorials are way better than other fighting game tutorials".

Fighting games are loving hard. I switched to stick and I'm getting absolutely destroyed in matches I'd win on pad, but I want to learn stick and it's fun. Like I can break out my supers more easily but my combos are poo poo and I can't reliably dragon punch now so the struggle is real.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I haven't played fighting games since I used to go to an arcade to play KOF98 and MvC so I bounced up and down rank 4-6 trying different characters and stuff. I loved it and I'm very excited since I think I've settled on Potemkin main for launch.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

g-c posted:

is this game super complicated to learn? the art direction is really drawing me in and looks really fun. I missed the beta though so I didn't get a chance to try it out

I played fighting games as a kid quite a bit but the last time I really played a fighting game seriously was MVC2, so you know a long time ago. I feel like I'm basically a newbie but I can reliably perform moves and basic combos made some sense to me going in.

I think this game is extremely fun and it's easy to learn. I went into ranked with a loose gameplan and probably an over reliance on certain moves that meant I couldn't mix it with good players but I settled in at rank 5 and had a blast. The art direction is sweet and makes a lot of the game for me and the fighters are all really unique and cool, plus it feels great to play.

I'd forgotten how much of a thrill 1v1 fighting games are win or lose so I'd say if you like the way it looks and you want to get into a fighting game that this is a great choice.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I smashed the CPU fight and it started me on floor 8 and I fell to floor 4 in like fifteen minutes lol.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Boogalo posted:

Around floor 5 is where people seemed to know how to super or use RC, but not both. This is where I lived all weekend. If I went up to 6 I'd get slaughtered. The matchmaking and ranking system seems pretty smart.

I enjoyed my time in five when I figured the game out smashing people non stop in four. Every fight felt spot on and finding people who were about to go up a floor and saying no is very fun.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I liked the lobby lol. Just needs a rematch button.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Boogalo posted:

Here we go. Beta 2 May 13th weekend. Anji and Ino playable. English voices, gameplay adjustments.

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1387210090126643206

Awesome! I've missed this game.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

My fight stick has been sitting in the cupboard absolutely seething for two months I am hype.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Is the new beta over I've completely missed it :/

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

My partner bought me a fighting edge for my bday in February and it's seen little use due to delay. Time to clutter up the loving loungeroom day and night hell yeah.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Impermanent posted:

does this include the Qanba Obsidian I just ordered one.

Yeah it's a PS4 branded stick

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Lmao I've completely forgotten how to play this game but nearly won a fight two tiers above my starting level!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I'm just bodying everyone with Nago. I'm sure my uppance will come since he's allegedly poo poo but the quick step and range just fucks pubbies brains and they start to behave erratically.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Story mode is five hours of anime so you can just get baked and watch it

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Connecting or Failed
This Sucks!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Mysticblade posted:

I started fiddling with Nago, it's great to have these giant buttons again even if they're a little stiff. Just had some games where it felt like my opponent was scared of my range and was scared to commit to anything. Great feeling :allears:

I love it. Also the number of times I've gone "I'm about to end this man's entire career" and bust out every single move only to leave them on a tiny bit of HP as I rage out and they kill me is beyond measure.

I regret nothing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Pink Nago all the way.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

How do you get the stupid neon clothes? Buy the super duper version of the game? I only bought the second tier consumer idiot package.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I am playing on God's mightiest creation the PlayStation 5 video game console. I'll just use the regular colours.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I hit a low Faust with my Nago super 100% and he hit me with a loving wheelchair in the shin as it came out and I nearly died in real life...

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Nago has a full screen jump that's fairly fast and I've had success with using it as people fire their dp. It's also good if Ky fires one off then dashes to follow up because you'll sail over his head and can proceed to stab him in the spine.

I've also seen a Nago super fast full screen jump that requires a cancel or something but I can't figure out how to do it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

WrightOfWay posted:

Nago can 236S regular Stun Edge for a counter hit if you have the blood for it. You can even do it on reaction if he's far enough away. Do that once or twice and he'll think twice before throwing one out in neutral.

Ah yeah clone and nothing personnel teleport is good. I like Nago he is fun to play and once you embrace teleporting everywhere and using his command throw often he's a monster.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

TulliusCicero posted:

I am trying to learn Chipp, which seems to be a horrible mistake in this game as he seems to be the most brittle character in the game

Honestly this game is godlike, but I'm having the issue I have in some games where none of the characters are clicking with me. I realky hope some of the DLC characters are more my speed :ohdear:

What kind of dude are you after? Not sure if in the OP but there was a very good and funny character intro a while back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

exquisite tea posted:

On one of Maximillian's recent videos he said that something like 80% of all current Strive players are on floors 1-6. Are there any actual figures on the ladder distribution or was that just a guess?

I play on floor 4 then rank up to 5, but I have to play on 6 because 5 is always completely empty. So I've just taken to playing on 6 and getting my head kicked in a lot. I guess I'm learning a lot about defence and RC escapes from getting brutalised in the corner.