Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Want this game so bad. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

Did they actually manage a good rollback netcode or is it a SFV homebrew trashfire situation?

ArcSys and Capcom couldn't be more further apart in how much they actually care about the support they give their games. This will be a well supported game in comparison.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition this afternoon. Ready to play the beta tomorrow night.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wish we could download tonight in preparation for tomorrow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ArcSys games have had a lot of issues for me on PC with getting even an xbox one controller to work, and i've seen others run into the same problem with no solutions found. So i'll be playing on PS5.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gutcruncher posted:

Have you tried enabling all the options on Steam’s controller settings? Practically all my fighting game controller problems disappeared after doing that, and it’s surprising how many people I’ve told about these settings that didn’t know they existed.

I will give this a try in the future. I am split between PC and PS4 for fighting games, its a little annoying. :P Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Granblue on PS4, Tekken 7, SoulCalibur VI, Dead or Alive 6, Street Fighter V on PC.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beta is not up yet for download on PSN right? Its so difficult to find stuff on PSN now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Firstborn posted:

Is it up on PSN yet?

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0036-CUSA19210_00-000000000GG4GAME

It shows up here but I cant download it yet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Firstborn posted:

Hard reset and search for "Strive". I'm downloading it now.

I have it downloading now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Firstborn posted:

I got bamboozled into thinking at least training mode would be available. Nope.

For real, at least make the offline modes available now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Is it intentional that some fighters cant dash?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I like what they are going for with the lobby system, but I think at the end of the day most people that stick with the game will be forming matches over Discord. Or just using Quick Match.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Padical posted:

Are we too early in this game's life to have any usable character or combo guides? I've been playing a bit of Sol Badguy, and I'm not sure what his bnb combos, pokes, and conversions are. Watching videos of gameplay has helped a little, but I'm really missing input guides and am still unsure what his gameplan is overall.

I mean this is only the beta, game isn't finished yet, and we only get a very short amount of time with it and then we have to go all of March without playing it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't do the tutorial, just jump right into the training mode and start trying to pull off moves. I am very bad at fighting games, but was able to learn every characters move set in this, it's not much to learn at all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Strive has a pretty small move list for each character, all of the moves are really easy to remember and pull off.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The latest released Guilty Gear is Guilty Gear Xrd Rev 2, and its completely worth playing between now and when Strive comes out, and its only $12 right now on PlayStation.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3772278 the fighting game discord is mostly goons playing fighting games on PC

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooof that is a tough delay to swallow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hopefully May will have more dolphins to summon.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Excellent, another beta test is coming. This will help a lot with the long wait for the final release.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Boogalo posted:

Here we go. Beta 2 May 13th weekend. Anji and Ino playable. English voices, gameplay adjustments.

https://twitter.com/ArcSystemWorksU/status/1387210090126643206

:worship: I am so happy right now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The air changes dont sound so exciting on paper. Glad for the 2nd beta test so more changes can be made after feedback. I imagine those air changes are getting rolled back or changed drastically again from just the reaction today from fans.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I am still hype as hell for Guilty Gear Strive

Same, as a super casual these changes don't concern me personally too much, but I can see them being a worry for more competitive players.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lets see how the next beta test shakes out. The devs have been very open to listening to community feedback.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

None of the people in this ad play video games.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay fair, but the rest are too busy having sex and reading manga instead.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

megane posted:

"Games form a bridge between people."

And then the people blow up the bridge.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Metapod posted:

I'm done smelling I wanna play the game

Beta on May 14 right?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Beta starts tonight at 8pm pacific.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The changes to movement and jumps feels very awkward and unresponsive to me now. :(

DLC Inc posted:

maybe it's just me but game feels like they attached a bowling balls to some of their ankles i.e. jumping/dashing

It's not just you, it was much better in beta 1.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah it's a very short test.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are we not able to pre-load this yet? All I see in my PS4/5 library is the beta test.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No big deal if not, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something obvious. Excited for early access.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At least all of the DLC characters will be out this year. Some fighting games spread their DLC pass out over like two loving years.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Early Access is tonight at 9pm pacific time I think?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yes! The movement changes were adjusted or rolled back altogether.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Whoa, I finally watched the launch trailer and it is awesome as gently caress. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH6YONVcl7k

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mechafunkzilla posted:

really excited to find out what role this jar of cum plays in the story

That really doesnt look like a… ooh wait yeah it does.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ZZZorcerer posted:

Game looks cool but how is the single player (only going to play against the AI) experience ? Does it have a story mode or something like the latest Mortal Kombat?

Dont buy this for single player. Like most Japanese fighting games, it has almost no offline content. Strive is designed around removing the intimidation factor of playing online though, and really wants you to gravitate towards that. There is versus cpu, survival, and arcade though but none of these are that fulfilling and are barebone modes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004