Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Jeremor posted:

I'm curious, what's the deal with Ky? I haven't been able to play yet, but have noticed a few comments about him. He was my dude in the last game.

ky is not a bad character in this game. he doesn't do a lot of damage with any of his buttons, but he doesn't have to because every button is a long safe disjoint poke, and his corner pressure is super obnoxious. i've definitely had games against a celestial ky where i just stared at the screen wondering "loving christ when is it my turn?" that said it definitely seems like people who play ky have to do more work than people who play certain other characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

b_d posted:

three important things about the dragon install.
- it makes your specials hit multiple times and do more damage.
- you have to be under 30% health to use it.
- it reduces your meter gain by 90% and seemingly completely negates positive bonus.

since you can only use it when you’re close to losing and you pretty much have no meter for the rest of the round, it’s pretty bad. the effects are really lackluster given the drawbacks. hopefully they buff it at some point; i have no idea why they made it kill your meter gain.

dragon install is arguably the worst super in the entire game. feels like it might've been too good in an alpha release and was nerfed to hell.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

b_d posted:

forward mega fist is -6, so you should be able to punish it with 5P into whatever (assuming you're still playing nago). you should also be able to 6P him out of the startup if he gets predictable.

kara backwards megafist (which goes forward lol) is allegedly something like -2 or 0. don't know how to test that though.

i'm at the point where I can kara cancel maybe 3/5 times - i've opened with kara potemkin buster and it leads to hilarious amounts of salt. i don't know if i'll ever be able to do it 100% of the time consistently though.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

dhamster posted:

Your default wakeup action should be to block low unless they are in the air, and react to the startup of overheads. You'll probably get your turn back if you are patient, and stuff like FD and YRC can help you get some breathing room. If they're going for throws a lot you should be able to call it out with a jab, throw tech or neutral/back jumping.

Risky options like reversal back dash, reversal DP/super, throw tech, fuzzy jumping, etc, have their place, but being able to block effectively will win you many games.

Just for emphasis, holding down back and catching overheads until the block string ends is good, but I've seen players that can just keep strings going seemingly indefinitely if you're in the corner (e.g. ky). That's when you use faultless defense, FD will knock them out of safe move range and give you the chance to get out of the corner.

Fuzzy jumping (e.g. jumping to avoid overheads and throws while in the corner) is really good in this game because you don't need to FD to air block people who attack from the ground anymore, so jumping while holding back is usually relatively safe and can protect against ground throws. The biggest problem with fuzzy jumping in strive is that if you block while landing, you can get hit for a window during the landing lag (unless you IB), so you can't spam jumping and holding back for very long - but it's definitely a lot easier to deal with people who use a lot of high low bullshit or pot busters just by jumping.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

MechaX posted:

I-No is absolutely my kryptonite right now

At this point I just flat out jump instead of having to deal with the overhead/low mixup shenanigans. I feel like I need to lab her the most because I absolutely cannot react to her mixes or STBT

As a Pot player Ino is a miserable experience. I've played against multiple Inos that just run away, negative penalty be damned, and projectile spam notes and chemical loves, and when I finally get in, their crazy overhead/low mixups get me. You'd think "oh, just fdb" - well if you send the note through the ground and hit pot's legs, it can't be reflected and hits low, and that proj lasts forever on block. Screw reacting to chemical love with fdb. The only saving grace is that she doesn't really do a lot of damage and you can turn it around if she makes a mistake.

Oh yeah, and while dolphin is better than stroke the big tree, Pot can't really tell the difference, so Ino's other gameplan is to switch it up and pretend to be May for a bit. At least May actually attacks and doesn't run away all the time.

Bruegels Fuckbooks fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jun 23, 2021

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Glagha posted:

So I admit I haven't explicitly tested this so who knows maybe you're right but I definitely have fdb'd I-nos trying to do this, and I'm pretty sure this is not true. Pot's flick has nothing at all to do with his finger but just whether or not a projectile hits his hurtbox while he's in the startup of the flick. You don't even have to time it, just hold fdb until the fireball hits you and you reflect it. I'll test in training mode tonight, maybe there's an exception for pot's feet but that doesn't seem right.

I think you're right . You can't hold fdb indefinitely, so perhaps what was going on was she was waiting for the flick to complete while the note was under potemkin, then bringing it up, and maybe I was starting flick too early. Nasty trick.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Speaking of scarecrows, can someone explain his, well, scarecrow move? I read the dustloop wiki entry on it and I'm still not sure I get how you're supposed to react to it; whenever I've had it used against me, I've gotten speared from above and it doesn't seem to matter which direction I block there?

this is actually in the mission mode. it turns out that if you as pot just hit S if you see scarecrow eyes, he'll get hit. if you don't see eyes, hold standing block.

Faust can RC scarecrow though, so you might want to block opposite direction of scarecrow eyes if he has meter.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

b_d posted:

burst is conceptually the easiest button to learn to use. use it when you're getting comboed and don't want to be. idk maybe people don't do combos on 4.

i think the dust button just does too much poo poo in this game.

burst is dust + attack.
sweep is down + dust
throw is left/right + dust
overhead is press dust quickly
knock-up is hold dust

to say nothing about the many operations that are "press any attack buttons but dust" (e.g. roman cancel)

I end up mis-inputing burst occasionally when trying to do stuff like comboing into sweep or throwing.

like, couldn't sweep just be down-k and throw be left/right c.hs like god intended?

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

I am officially not having fun with this game anymore. I’m using a rushdown character but every single time I try to rush down I just get punished. Every single time I block I just get punished. Every time I try to input a goddamn special move it fails and I just get punished. I am enjoying none of this.

Should I just not play Gio? Or just, I dunno, play something else entirely?

If people are blocking too much, you need to incorporate throws / dust / mixups into your game plan. When Gio runs me over, it's because I held down-back too long and ate a dust to the face that comboed to 60% damage.

For hitting back, a lot of pressure is knowing properties of moves. Most moves are "minus" on block - meaning that the attacker recovers in x frames. If you use a move that starts up quicker than whatever that minus is, your attack will connect because they're still in recovery and can't block during the minus.

This is why Gio is pretty oppressive to a lot of the cast - she has a lot of moves that are -2 on block, and some that are plus. There are characters in the game that don't even have a move that starts up in less than 6 - just because your moves are getting blocked as gio doesn't mean there's anything wrong, oftentimes you're still controlling the game.

if it seems like I can't hit a certain move back when defending, I try to counter hit with my quickest move (probably 5p) and if it doesn't work, I look up the frame data for the move on dustloop after the match.

Gio might be a newbie trap because her frame data is pretty oppressive and it can be difficult to know when it's your turn when fighting her, so think it's easier for Gio's to end up at floor 8 or 9 just by pressing buttons and then hit a wall once they fight people who know how defense works.

Bruegels Fuckbooks fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jul 9, 2021

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Thanks for the feedback, guys. After sleeping and thinking a bit, I'm trying out Nago right now and he's not so bad, actually. I still have the same problem of getting punished whenever I rush in, and holy gently caress why are Sol and Faust so hard to guard against, but I think being forced to go more slowly and be more methodical is good for me. Maybe Potemkin is another good option for that?

I main Potemkin and I love the character, but he's playing an entirely different game from the rest of the cast. To be fair, if you have problems blocking and figuring out when it's your turn, you basically won't be able to play him at all (I remember spending entire matches holding down back in the corner wondering what the gently caress was going on), so learning him and playing him would definitely help if that's a weakness.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

I hit VIP celestial with potemkin. It took way longer than I'd like to admit and that grind between floor 10 and celestial VIP was absolutely insane.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Does anyone have good advice on the Pot/Axl matchup? I feel like I've seen almost no Axls but the 2 or 3 times I did fight one I got absolutely destroyed. Rensen breaks hammerfall armor and of course I have no dash so basically I just have to slowly walk in while stopping to block everything. Is there anything super punishable I can identify and get in from?
people say that rensen can be fdbed, but i think it's hard to react to that from midscreen, and axl will winter mantis if you're full screen - like staying on the ground full screen away from axl is not a great strategy for me, especially given that he likes to knock you down across the screen and catch you with winter mantis as you wake up. younger people might have better luck.

i get a lot of mileage against weaker axl players by jumping in while blocking. potemkin does have a double jump, air-block is free in this game, and potemkin's j. hs is an amazing aerial move and is very non-committal - the startup time is short and you can do it on reaction if enemy screws up. jumping in while blocking is also a great pot-buster setup.

axl has three moves that discourage jumping in - 2s, 6k, 5p. 5p is -11 on block, the others are -15 on block, and they're single hit moves and very committal. there's also soaring chain strike, but soaring chain strike does get you closer to axl, which is what you want.

if you were a tas, the single best way to get in on axl would be to jump in while instant blocking his 6k etc, but you're not - however, if they get conditioned to expect air attacks and start throwing in some 5p, you can mix in hammerfall. the air is definitely safer than the ground against axl (although it doesn't feel like it at first, it's a little awkward switching to blocking while jumping forward really fast)

Bruegels Fuckbooks fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 19, 2021

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Skypie posted:

Holy poo poo I made it to Celestial :stare:

e: immediately kicked out but I disagree with the results because I'm certain I blocked a burst :colbert:

i saw the celestial floor dozens of times before getting VIP. i've only passed the challenge and gotten VIP twice (once on pc, once on ps4).

oh, and your reward for vip is to get bodied by the high vip celestials. the game seems to have a ridiculously high skill ceiling.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I've only met a few Sols, presumably because they all rocketed to higher floors long ago and don't brawl with mere peasants anymore. Is the big problem with Sol the way he seems to just be able to do anything and everything, are his blockstrings too safe, his damage too high, or what?

Let's see:
a) Great frame data (e.g. 5k is 3 frames startup, 5p is 4 frames startup, c.s and f.s are plus on block)
b) Great sweep, (2d is low profile/invulnerable from 5f to 24f)
c) Volcanic viper is an invulnerable meterless reversal with super short recovery time
d) Night raid vortex has iframes and phases through attacks - can be extended too.
e) Fafnir is loving +11 on block
f) Heavy cemetery is invulnerable after frame 14 and is a throw.

Sol doesn't actually seem that bad until you play the VIP ones, then he turns into frame trap the character.

I think he has too many moves with invulnerable frames and that are plus on block. If I could hit him back without him deciding to be invulnerable whenever he wants it wouldn't be so bad.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Glagha posted:

If Sol is actually doing night raid vortex from like full screen get in the habit of sweeping him. A lot of Sols who are less good to that move raw thinking that it's totally safe and it's super not. Like 100% they can call out pokes with it by dashing under a lot of stuff but there's moves that can stop it and you can also block it. I actually deliberately use Giganter Kai against Sols sometimes to bait them into doing it because they think I don't know he can vortex under the mirror so I can punish them.

I find I have to be way more careful with giganter vs sol because of heavy cemetery...

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

I'm not saying heavy mob cemetery is a good move for sol - it might actually be one of the worst supers in the entire game - but you might eat one if you use giganter kai too close in neutral as potemkin because it goes through the square and there's recovery on the giganter.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

b_d posted:

yeah i previously watched a bunch of matches between FAB and other Axls and it seemed disadvantaged but playable. but none of them played like xyzzy did; they stayed on the ground enough to get caught by slidehead and used rensen close+predictably enough to get megafisted. none of them relied on j.S to this extent. anyway yes i know it's not literally unwinnable but it just looks a lot worse than i previously had thought when the axl is playing right

I've played axls that do this and it's rough. The only way to get in is to time your jumps between the j.s and not get hit in the air while doing so, floor is lava axl is not fun for Pot.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Alright, I've been bouncing between floor 6 and floor 7 for a while now and I'm starting to get sick of this. I'm reaching the point where people have superhuman reflexes and complete mastery of the game engine and it's gonna take fuckin forever for me to get that far.

Anyone else get stuck between those two floors, and any advice on how to get good enough to progress?

Do you have replays of your games? It might be easier to see from a replay what's going on (with button inputs on).

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Yeah, check these out:

Vs. Gio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nGOHlwOF0I
Vs. Sol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mLWn4Bl77A
Vs. Chipp: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JZ7txkyrHc

That Gio one is especially embarrassing.

It's mostly about getting punished all the time.

vs. Gio

1. Be careful with backdashing - there's only 5f of invincibility on a backdash in this game. It's ok to backdash at round start, but if you backdash while they haven't committed they can easily get in and bop you. I think it's better to do it on reaction to try to get a move to whiff.
2. Keep in mind Gio's 6p is a great anti-air (this works for most of the cast) - she can't get hit from the waist up during 6p. Throw out some 6p if they dash in like that, Gio is actually really good at punishing people who jump in.
3. Sepultura is minus on block but it's relatively safe if you space it. If you get too close with sepultura and they block it, you should block, but you can usually follow up with 5k/5p
4. f.s (the triple kick) shouldn't be used in neutral - if you whiff that move, you're totally hosed. suggest only using it as a gatling from c.s

vs. Sol

1. Ventania is a reversal super - e.g. you can use it on wakeup and to try to catch people trying to meaty you (it has invincible startup). Don't use it in neutral.
2. Feet on the ground, block low, feet in the air, block high.
3. Sol Nascente can help with the anti air as well.

vs. Chipp

1. Don't use ventania in neutral.
2. Feet on the ground, block low, feet in the air, block high.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

Like I swear I could code a better lobby system. I wouldn't, but I could.

I think the latency for getting an R-Code is the saddest part of it all.

Going to the main menu apparently requires dozens of slow sequential ajax requests to really servers in Japan. If you play in JP the performance is much better.

There's a project that acts as a proxy and caches the requests: https://github.com/tsaibermelon/gg-struggle.

It definitely speeds stuff up, and there are useful features - e.g. I can watch the log and know if my floor changed in case the dlg for floor switch doesn't come up.

But the game lobby is buggy enough that it's difficult to tell if using this would introduce problems. It definitely speeds up stuff like switching between lobbies, but can't guarantee that it won't gently caress your poo poo up.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

I’ve been getting into Ram lately, but I have no idea how to do anything more complex other than cS-5H, mix highs and lows, and throw my swords when the opponent is in the corner.

Somehow I have not yet been kicked out of 7. :v:

celestial ram is literally that plus c.S > 2H > dauro when people get too close, and using mortobato at appropriate times as a reversal super.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Skypie posted:

yeah maybe it's just the height then. I tried switching to j.H before I made my post earlier and got scooped several times afterwards and got Very Mad about it

shortly after the game came out, I got matched against a dude with the gamer word on his profile card. I didn't accept the match and spent a few minutes trying to find a way to report it but couldn't seem to be able to. :/

i had "leffen is adolf hitler" as my profile card for about a month so i think it's entirely unmoderated.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

TGLT posted:

None of Sol's specials are plus on block.
fafnir?

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

SweetBro posted:

Are there any moves that are plus on block that aren't reactable on start-up?

For some bizarre reason, Potemkin's 5p is plus on block and has a 5 frame startup.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Nah, I recognize the feeling. It's more about not seeing what the way forward is to begin with. Like if I lose a match because I popped bloodrage, I know exactly why I hosed up: I was too cavalier with my specials and didn't pay attention to the gauge. I can honestly say I've never felt frustrated to lose like that. But if I lose a match getting repeatedly caught in some vortex and I can't even tell what's going on, let alone what the path out of it is, then that's just demoralizing. Learning is the feedback loop of making mistakes -> being shown the correct way -> integrating the correct way -> making new mistakes (or the same mistakes again until the correct way sticks). But when the second step is completely elusive you just feel stuck and worthless and have no chance to actually learn.

Yeah, one issue that's pretty common to the genre is that the games do not give enough info about why blocking didn't work - e.g. it took me way longer than I'd like to admit to figure out that alpha blade is a crossup when used close and that's why I couldn't block it. Blocking can fail for many reasons - e.g. you jumped, you mashed while blocking, you didn't block the right height, it's really a crossup, etc. These are all represented by you getting hit. I don't think it would be spoon-feeding to give better indicators as to why blocking failed as opposed to making people watch their replays and cross-reference everything on dustloop.

Bruegels Fuckbooks fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Aug 19, 2021

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

the potemkin mirror match is really dumb - it's a game of chicken because of the super armor moves, which make it so the potemkin who attacks first loses. e.g. if you slidehead first, the second potemkin slide heads, and you lose, if you hammerfall first, they can respond with hammerfall/slidehead and it does all sorts of stupid stuff. pot is also really good at doing garuda impact pressure on other pots because they are big and kind of slow, so you're in this horrible situation where you're penalized for attacking first, but you need to land the first attack and get the life lead to win the round.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Jack Trades posted:

SF4 was great and USF4 was murdered way before it's time.

I loved SF4 and USF4 but I already have more playtime in gg strive in a couple of months than I did in SF4/USF4 in the entire lifetime of the game (and those were 150 hour games for me.)

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Clearly Brynhilder stance was not good enough and Leo needed more options during it.
And it was just too easy to get in on Zato so he needed a better forward P and more options without Eddie.
And Axl needed to be able to combo to snail from standing P because that move was totally useless and totally didn't invalidate entire characters.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Tae posted:

I see Celestials on stream all the time fall to flashkick, that's just a thing most of the population is gonna get hit by

I really like it when I get hit by Leo's flashkick as Potemkin because it means I'm probably going to win the round with a potbuster later.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Partial Octopus posted:

No it's completely meaningless. Even if it wasn't, that data is from launch.

Anyone can get into floor 11. You can dodge matches, disconnect without having it disqualify you, have a friend lose to you 5 times in a row to get in. It's completely meaningless. The skill of people on floor 11 ranges from having barely played a fighting game to being a top player.

if you want to get really into this game and celestial isn't doing it for you, just go on smash.gg and sign up the panda/tcs tournaments. they run free to enter tournaments that inexplicably pay money if you win.

playing in those and watching my replays has taught me many lessons about losing.

celestials are often loving around because there's no real losing penalty once they get vip, you need a tournament to get people to really try-hard and show off the true bullshit their character can do.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

He just disappears and I have no idea if that's alpha blade, or a grab, or whatever.
When Chipp disappears you can jump and hold back. That stops both alpha blade and genrou dan and you don't have to worry about cross block like you would if you blocked alpha blade on the ground.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Does jacko have enough health? She seems to break when i touch her

i finally played a good jacko tonight and it felt like playing against zato if zato had a super annoying throw super- she dies real fast if you get a hit, but it's a real pain in the rear end getting actually getting in if they know how to use the minions correctly. i've played against several other jackos and they all sucked and melted pretty quickly. at least she's pretty easy to block.

Bruegels Fuckbooks fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Sep 1, 2021

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

fab vs. jacko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdy8KKP7lPM

pot vs. jacko looks free for pot with bads because pot can just slidehead when she pulls out the minions to get rid of them and jacko's healthbar melts if you touch her, but if the jacko is smart about when to pull out the minions and zones appropriately, it can be a rough matchup for Pot - her oki is suffocating.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

guppy posted:

When I knock someone into the air with Dust, does it matter what buttons I press? I've just been hitting HS until we land.

Every character has canned dust combo that do a lot of damage. You can look them up on dustloop.

One thing to keep in mind when knocking people into the air is that if your opponent has burst, many will just use it immediately to stop the air combo - but depending on character, attacker may be able to block or air dodge out of the way of the burst, then start the combo, so opponent takes the damage from the combo and wastes their burst. So as a defender, don't just immediately burst in the air or they might bait you out like that.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

b_d posted:

it's harder to block a burst and then continue a combo during a dust launch than it is during normal gameplay so i always burst that poo poo pronto to see if they actually know how to do it. or usually i burst after the first hit.

I thought that too but I've played people who could hit that like a machine. Like the right answer is to not suck and not eat charged dusts, but it feels really bad to lose both the burst and the 70% health.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Speaking of wallsplats, is it normal for people to zip out of wallsplats and end up on the other side of you if you're too late on the followup?
yeah, it's called a wall tech. you flash white and do a really quick jump in the direction you hold when you get wall-splatted and enemy doesn't hit you during the splat. it's explained in a relatively late mission. generally people who don't know about wall teching hold back when wall splatted and the tech you get when you do that... is not optimal, you're generally better off holding forward (which is the tech that causes the behavior you're seeing) and hoping they don't finish the wall break combo.

before beta people were speculating that not knocking people through the wall and continuing oki might be the best option for some characters, but wall-techs make it so splatted player can effectively reset to neutral if the wall splat state isn't confirmed.

Bruegels Fuckbooks fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Sep 6, 2021

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Not that experience level matters as such, but uh, is the scale completely different on the celestial floor? Feels like I spent weeks just crawling from 95 to 105, then two match wins in celestial trial ramped me right up to 118. Then after getting knocked back to 10, a fight against someone who was level 1700 (!?), I only got 100 exp again, so it's not just a difference in levels...

You have to be playing on the celestial floor to get big xp. A celestial win will get you somewhere between 10k~50k usually (sometimes more), whereas playing on floor 10 will get you around 200~500xp. I think there are XP bonuses for having a winstreak and breaking someone else's winstreak as well. Not sure how opponent level factors into XP (if it does at all).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You are still throw immune during the actual GC frames, that just means you can get thrown on frame 1 of recovery if you didn't backdash or hold up. It would be busted as hell if Pot got guaranteed buster off of every blocked Garuda the same way Jack'O gets guaranteed Elysion after minion parry

Yeah, one of the big problems I had with doing garuda > potbuster is that potbuster whiffs if comes out before guard crush ends, so you have to time it so throw starts up right when guard crush ends. If anyone haven't tried it, go into playing mode and lab that, it's definitely not as easy to do as it looks.

Similarly, you need to delay the potbuster a little bit if you get a YRC or it won't work - I love getting YRCs while playing potemkin.