Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Something at least

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qPKJ2eRi8U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Gutcruncher posted:

This is real, I’ve been playing training mode no issues!

Did the account you use have to be at least signed up for an online account?

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Madmarker posted:

Hey I don't seem to be able to match with anyone...I keep getting failed to load match and other notices. Are other people having this issue at the moment?

Have you tried exiting out to the world selection screen and going back in? Seems to help sometimes.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Disappointed my Hori Fighting Commander won't work with the PS5 version, I wonder how long it will be till PS5 fightpads come out.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

It won't?
Weird. Hori sticks work. Did they do something stupid like make the fc pretend to be a dual shock 4 instead of whatever protocol officially licensed sticks, hotas, and wheels use that skates by the ps5's restrictions?

In the Sony blogpost, they only say sticks, they don't mention fightpads.

Thinking about getting a Titan Two adapter so I can use it, but I want to wait and see how long it takes till we get PS5 fightpads

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Which stick is it?

It's one of those mayflashes where you gotta plug in that system's controller.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

brand engager posted:

Is the client from the 1st beta getting updated, or will I need to remove that one and install a different thing from the ps store?

If you did the last Open Beta it'll be that one that updates.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Have they ever actually confirmed that in player lobbies we'd be able to spectate matches?

boz
Oct 16, 2005
My friend linked me this today,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9Jtp0lpox8

Good stuff in there, private lobbies have spectator mode and some kind of online training setup to practice with others.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Does anyone have a Razer Raion and can confirm if it works with the PS5 version? Am seeing conflicting information on google.

Edit: Ugh nevermind, found my answer. I hope someone makes a fightpad soon cause I am bad with sticks. Though the PS5 dpad is surprisingly pretty decent for this game.

boz fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 8, 2021

boz
Oct 16, 2005
I can't decide between purple or pink Faust.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Just found out today that if you do Faust's What Could it Be super, but do 3 QCF's instead of two, it will eat your whole meter and throw out 10 items.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
He sounds like Michael Cera

boz
Oct 16, 2005
Golddick Lewisinson

boz
Oct 16, 2005

That finish was amazing

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Natural 20 posted:

I made a very dumb video because I'm an idiot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdwMVbSptNY

This only took like three hours.

I knew what was coming but I still laughed, good job.

boz
Oct 16, 2005
I just wish they would hurry up and come out with a fighting pad for the PS5, the PS5 controller isn't the worst but I miss using my Fighting Commander. (I know I could just install the PS4 version but :( )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boz
Oct 16, 2005

hostess with the Moltres posted:

I've been having fun with May but I'm trying to do some bnb combos which was a big thing that I was advised to do when I was doing Skullgirls get gr8. One thing I'm messing up on a lot is the AD in the cS 2h 2[8]h AD jk jd 623146h combo I found on Dustloop. Is there a specific trick to the timing of the airdash? I'm noticing that I'm doing the AD maybe 1/3 of the time. For the super I think I'm just missing the last part of the half circle which can just be remedied by practicing half circles a lot I think. Are there other bnbs I should try learning too? From what I've been hearing people say I'm probably going to need to switch from double tap dashing to using the macro, which is going to suck for my muscle memory.

On that note I haven't gone looking for any Guilty Gear Strive discords or May Discords, I don't know how bad or good they are.

I finally put AD on my L2 button and it's been like night and day, I'd recommend going ahead and taking the plunge.