Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Pat Miller posted his thoughts on the game that I thought was a pretty well-constructed discussion on what Strive is, how it became what it is, and why it's not his thing that resonated with me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2wQGR-p4bg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

I think the delays to this game have slowed my hype. Early April would have been a perfect time for me to sink lots of hours into a technical fighter, now I'm way too busy with work to learn any of this poo poo!!

Luckily for you Daisuke explicitly wants to make this a game where sinking lots of hours into it would largely be pointless

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Why does air backdash go like 2 inches now??

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

The Zato mirror match is a 7-3 matchup for whichever Zato has Eddie out

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

in the header image nagiha is a level 3 counterhit but in the actual game it's only a level 2 one, it doesn't get that fullscreen COUNTER effect
So it's actually a sneak peek at one of the balance changes
If risc is cranked then anything becomes a bigtext COUNTER hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

Zato still eatin good