Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Night10194 posted:

Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 2e: The Thousand Thrones
Our adventure begins 200 years ago, with the sack of Praag by the forces of Asavar Kul. During the whole 'converting Praag into a living hellmouth' debacle, a Hag of the Ungol was caught up in all the bullshit and became a Chaos Champion. The Black Witch then got her skull stoved in with Ghal Maraz, though she survived long enough to die in a pool of brackish water miles from the city. For some reason, Morr himself decided not to claim her soul so the evil witch could suffer forever. This proved to be kind of a mistake, because now she's trying to drag herself back into reality through a convoluted process involving multiple vampires and a magic child. She also already manifests sometimes by demanding a nearby village send her a maiden sacrifice she can possess every ten years. She needs the boy, the blood of one of each of the five vampire bloodlines, and then she'll be able to eat the magic boy and his power and become fully real again, while also spraying thousands of hideous spiders from her gaping hellwomb. Yeah, that's about where we're going. She has somehow convinced vampires that they will get to rule the world if they come to her with the boy, by making up an 'ancient' prophecy about how they'll rule the world from a thousand thrones.

Okay I'm with you so far.

Night10194 posted:

Meanwhile, the magic boy was born to Stromfel Worshippers (crazy evil shark god distortion of Maanan) in Marienburg. They got crushed by Witch Hunters, who didn't kill the child and gave young Karl to the Shallyans. One of the Shallyans realized he had weird mind control powers (which he doesn't know he has) and tried to kill him. The others stopped her because A: Shallyans and B: Mind control powers. Then another evil cult decided to use the boy as a false Sigmar and a not-Valten. They branded his chest with the twin tailed comet after kidnapping him from the Shallyans, but he got away, and grabbed a blacksmith's hammer to defend himself. A little kid with a comet birthmark and his mind control powers going full speed standing against two heavily mutated Nurglites with a hammer drove a bunch of Marienburgers into a frenzy, where they saved him and proclaimed him Sigmar Reborn. Being a lonely nine year old kid who'd just had a traumatic experience, he decided this was fine and is going along with it for now.

Meanwhile, that scheming bastard Johan Esmer...

Is this supposed to be one self-contained adventure?
It seems like you're describing an epic campaign.

Night10194 posted:

Into this, the PCs stumble their way, to get railroaded along with the Crusade of the Child and forced into a nonsense storm of body doubles, women getting mutated into hideous beasts, hellwombs, temptresses, shitloads of vampires (if you have a VAMPIRE RANDOM ENCOUNTER subset in your module, you are DOING VAMPIRES WRONG), lots of unrelated plotting, a stolen chicken, paper thin characters, poor pay, at least one child they have to murder, and an utterly miserable time.

I'm gonna need a smilie of a GM drowning in poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

All aboard the train to bulshiton, where everyone is a dick to you for no good reason. Including the laws of probability.
I've been to several game groups who if this was the game could not possibly go through the first session before razing the town and maybe giving Chaos a try.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The vampire behavioural correction enforcers encounter in particular is straight up insecure nerdy teenager who doesn't even like or want to GM kinda move.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Yeah I've noticed that just about every single writer (in fantasy and 40k) has no idea what to do with nurgle.
Papa Nurgle is all about how despair and neglect breed terrifying things, not so much about self education in the dark arts.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It would have been so simple to flesh out the nurglite cult and by that provide an in for some good spying opportunities.
Heck, I bet every group of mercenary murderhobos would be thrilled to save some dudes from getting too deep before burning the clubhouse down.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:vince: My cup runneth over :drat:

And now to watch how the campaign piss all this potential away.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That play-by-play is very confusing and also was there ever a good use for a d1000?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

WHAT? I CANNOT HEAR YOU UP HERE ON MT.BADWRONGFUN!
NO THAT'S FINE DON'T CALL ME I'LL CALL YOU!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

What sort of brain damage makes write this gatekeeping dreck rather than just put down a character point allotment for Average, Heroic and Supernatural characters?
It would take less time than coming up with inconsistent arguments against fun and the customers will do it anyway.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Now I want to play some stolen valour weirdo who'll never admit he never even seen an army base and has to now force himself to fill those very big shoes he made for himself.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm not hearing you, I'm safe under my blanket where there are no mutant fash ponies.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That piece of fan fiction was so much better than anything on the published campaign, it should shame some hacks at GW to commit seppuku.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

As the current pandemic illustrates there's absolutely no need for a 100% deadly and quick acting disease just to make things grimmer.
Neglish Rot probably works best as something that most healers will never encounter in their career.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

remember that as far as Papa Nurgle is concerned this is just about his most thoughtful and well crafted present ever, if the GM just spreads it around the campaign that greatly cheapens the gift.
So keep it for special occasions and special people.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I figure that much like the Dwarves there's never a better friend nor a worse enemy, Dwarves are loyal and hold grudges and Hobbits party hard and will never regret feeding you to an Ogre if you cross them.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

If your multiple plotlines colliding in one place adventure is indistinguishable for the players from a night of randomly rolled events then you're doing writing wrong.

And GM fiat failure gets old the moment it materialises, if you find that you added one then you should reconsider if you wouldn't prefer traditional prose over collaborative storytelling.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Good old Chartmaster, for when you need more numbers and you can't play Phoenix Command.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Mmm not a bad diversion of an adventure, if short and clunky.

quote:

Next Time: The Return Of Doomed Brutalized Women

FOR gently caress'S SAKE

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The free rpg Nemesis that came after UA did away with the Isolation meter and the remaining four map out well to the cardinal gods of Chaos, which brings me to an idea:
after a character gets some hardened notches find a time to offer them an extra fate point in exchange for turning one hardened notch into a corrupted one which is not removable by whatever passes for psychotherapy in game-
A better corruption system that the players choose to succumb to.I

That way you can fix two subsystems for one!

E: Greg Stolze's Nemesis
https://www.arcdream.com/pdf/Nemesis.pdf

By popular demand fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Apr 28, 2020

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Orks just wanna have fun, they are more reasonable than most real world political leaders.
Imagine a world where Trump keeps beating the poo poo out of Xi Jinping with his fists and then they both get drunk on cheap booze.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Cythereal posted:

My take on this is that all Bret 'full plate' genuinely is imported from the Empire or dwarves, they're just Brets so like hell they're going to admit it. And/or the merchants selling it to the nobles claim it's totally made right here in Bretonnia and the nobles don't question it.

Brets probably can't even supply people with munitions armour, there must be an enormous armour gap between the poorest knights and the richest.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That chaos plot (Doomed Kindred) seems overwrought by a bit as the supremacist forest elves would be extremely vulnerable to Slaanesh's path to self perfection, and the loving forest spirits would take absolutely no notice about a cult of growing cruelty to humans.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Froghammer posted:

Voting Bauer because moral ambiguity is for cowards

:yossame::golgo:

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Night10194 posted:

I was already listening to Fie on Goodness the whole time I was writing up the city.

Fair warning: when they come to brick me up in a castle I'm gonna kidnap you to GM games for my entertainment until the end of your natural life.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I abandoned the Bourne movie 30 minutes in, but I think that a Layla Khan film I would enjoy thoroughly.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

It's a good job that the party is varied, a group of squires and errant knights as naive as Gilbert would be completely unprepared for just how little honour means in the swamped hellhole.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Night10194 posted:

I think every single person in AoS is incredibly bad at names.

What's interesting to me is the new management at GW calls the End Times one of their last huge mistakes, because they finally realize this is all fiction and wanting to write a different version of Fantasy and a new wargame doesn't mean you need to write a long 'kill the old setting' nonsense story, and indeed, you can still keep producing Fantasy stuff where it works while quietly discontinuing the old wargame.

I know right? It's like they never heard of comic book infinite earths.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

That Age of Sigmar setting seems like something a lot of people would like, it was still incredibly stupid to end WHFRP instead of building it separately.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I know it's just hard to take GW getting wise to what people want.
More unbelievable than most chaos plots.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Night10194 posted:

Was the travelogue necessary? This time, I'd say yes, it was. The point of all this is that Karak Azgal is loving far away from wherever your heroes are likely operating. Unless you start session one with arriving, if you do as they suggest and play out the journey, it's a long, long way. Sure, it'd be faster if they didn't start in southern Lyonesse, but dang, even if you just start from Altdorf it's a long trip. You're likely to have as many adventures as they did just getting to the adventure. Which could be fun!

Next Time: The City of Deadgate

:coffeepal: never apologise, the best part of waking up is reading some silly fun.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I agree, now is the time to come up with strange new worlds and cultures that would not make sense in the Old World.
Maybe even outsider races completely alien to the core worlds(or whatever the term is).

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Rescue Foretti

We're actually well on our way on building a network of assets.
And being a big drat hero is always nice.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I don't expect that Ulric himself is too stuck up about what hefty piece of steel the knight uses to smite hellvikings with, he'd probably be okay with some lunatic waving a reclaimed orcish sluggah around.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Can you use those holy water flasks as grenades against Chaos?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Now comes the fun part: Getting poo poo past the censors Dorfs

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Mortals are so OP, they can practice in daylight.
And don't get me started on those Teen Wolf builds.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:skeltal: I'LL BE BACK! in another 5,000 years or so I'll get my revenge on you! ahhh... On your descendants!

Fast forward to Age of Sigmar and he's now Nagash's bitch, much worse off.
He's probably underqualified even to clean up after the ghouls.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Night10194 posted:

And with that, hams is officially done. I am, at last, completely out of hams. Like a year after I wrote my first 'I am out of hams' ending post. But now I mean it. It's a sad thing, but the hams have been good to me. Thank you to everyone who read these!

The End

And thank you for going all the way and for making it as fun to read as possible.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

A regiment formed to clean up in the wake of Nurgle.
I'm thinking combat medics strapped up with heavy flamers and DEEP distrust of any offer of hugs.

and I just wrote this while completely forgetting the state of the real world and COVID19 so it's best if you try to as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

How would modifying the game to exchange the one comrade for a fireteam work? Since in setting the individual guardsman isn't worth much it stands to reason that commanding officers would plan things around teams, and it makes more sense for 4 soldiers to control a vehicle or a crew served weapon.
and in addition to having 3 extra lives, it would also work better for the players to move separately around the battlefield instead of everyone getting pinned at the same place.