Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That Chicken sure loves to drum...sticks
"well there's a nice park and the neighbours are helpful but a dog is loud sometimes and there's low income housing so you all take one despair."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

hyphz posted:

PUPPETS

Man, Punch and Judy must have really done a number on a generation of British kids from the amount of times I've seen "Dark and Edgy" takes on it.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

The ultimate grift... Becoming a chaos cultist specifically to curse items and sell them to priests for purification.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

Libertad! posted:

Appendix G: Treasures

Oh, the game of twenty squares is just The Royal Game of Ur but with the layout goofed up a bit and its magic.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

Night10194 posted:

. I also still need a name for their party and have struggled to come up with one.

Team Teen Feat. Elf Dad

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

"What took you so long at the bank?"

"Guy in front of me wanted to get two jugs and five flasks exchanged for vials."

"ouch"

"yeah, and he didn't bring a vial pouch with him, guy was rattling like a wind chime on the way out"

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

the latest System Mastery covers Alma Mater a high school rpg by a author with the weirdest axe to grind I've ever seen.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

Thank you for the write up. from the amount of time we've seen something interesting get stymied by a terrible game engine its a breath of fresh air to see something that focused on just getting the scenario right and trusting the GM to use a system that fits for their group.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

You could work it into a absurdist adventure where the city uses the toll money to hire adventures to bring back adventurers. Options to play along with the farce or just leave. With a secret third path where you unionize the town adventure population and accidentally form a guild.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

you scream in despair as the fire starts to spread, if the barn goes down the cows will not survive winter. just as you begin to lose all hope, 20 goblin firefighters burst out from the ground and start cursing and yelling about how they're gonna kick this fire's rear end and that the sun made a huge mistake trying to start poo poo in their territory.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

I picked up arkham horror like a week before your review started and its been a great help in understanding the rules. I'm looking forward to seeing how your example play of the gathering goes compared to mine. (poorly, ghouls ripped my flesh and freaked my bean until I swapped from Roland to Skids.)

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

T-shirt and jeans from target, unmarked baseball cap, Juggalo Facepaint.

https://twitter.com/tahkion/status/1013304616958607360?s=20

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

That's definitely up there with the palladium TMNT game having time act like a coiled garden hose for convoluted time travel rules.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

Go screw yourself Zak I'm the hottest bitch at this goblin pageant and that space bee is mine.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

Now I'm imaging a brikwars tournament using MTG sealed draft rules and those $6 minifig blind bags.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

The entire series of Yakuza video games are just khornite parables against tzeentch, because every time the incredibly complicated master plan hatched by the villains is foiled by one-to-four guys who punch and kick real good.

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

Adventurer is a reference to the default "freelancer" job in final fantasy games using the job system. Having flat average stat lines and utility skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Skeep
Sep 15, 2007

Down With People posted:

Kevin Johnson
An exceptionally divorced Civil War re-enactor. A decade ago, Kevin was abruptly divorced by Nikki Malone, who ran off with a flamenco dancer. The ensuing family conflict from this spilled over into the Adams side of the family. Despite the intense pressure, Kevin dug his heels in and refused to let himself get shut out of the family for the good of his daughter. He lives and works in San Mateo as a school custodian, but spends his summer filling the shoes of Civil War battlefield surgeons - he's intensely passionate about it, because it was a battle worth fighting. If he came into a lot of money, he'd probably spend some of it on Civil War re-enactment poo poo, but he'd mainly try to win back Nikki.

...you're missing the absurdly vital detail of what side of the civil war he's larping.