Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I would play Monte Wick's Top Gear.

Also thank you, Inklesspen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Wapole Languray posted:

That's the exact description of orbs.

I appreciate the fact that the text immediately contradicts itself about what people call the glass orb currency. That’s really something.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I assume if I was playing a game run by Monte I would just constantly bear the expression of the woman on the far right.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I fooled myself into buying a CC book once. Which of course turned out to be “if I had written 3.0,” garbage.

Even I’m not fool enough to buy a book from Alexis.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Imagine how bad of a bartender you would have to be to not be able to come with an answer to "where can someone find a little adventure around here". That's not a dumb question. It's a question that thousands of bartenders doubtlessly answer every day, because that's part of their job.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Buck Rogers XXVc: The 25th Century

This setting is really interesting, and on further investigation significantly more interesting than the actual story line of Buck Rogers serials.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Sep 24, 2019

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yes, I have a terrible new horizons question. If you get a stat bonus from drinking breast milk but only once doesn’t that mean that the majority of characters would have gotten this bonus before turning 1 year of age and thus it’s pointless to include?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

Wendy's RPG hit me like my first hit of Alex Jones. Flip to any page and you get a harmless dose of crazy right entertainment. When I say down to read it front to stop I could not handle the amount of pandering and corporate jokes overloading my system, reprogramming my brain, giving ALL PRAISE TO THA YAAS QUEEEN MILADY I WILL SLAY THE UNITED NATION OF CLOWNS AND THE LOCAL UNION OF DEL TACOS FOR YOUR HONOR.

It is an abyss that entices with dope art but burns the soul with capitalism brand worship. It got me.

Alright, well, this F&F is complete, great job.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Meinberg posted:

Nah the regular kind will do. You just need Overmuscles to do it.

Just need at least one point of mega lance capacity to be able to do damage.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Everyone posted:

One game/setting I keep hearing pretty good things about (albeit from a biased source) is Empire of the Petal Throne. It seems like a pretty cool game, but it also seems like a game where if it was Star Trek, you'd be required as a player to speak and read fluent Klingon. Steep learning curve.

I'd like to read an independent assessment of it.

Now, would probably be a convenient time for me to do this. If I did so it would probably be a mechanically inclined review, as I have much less cultural knowledge then M.A.R. Barker did.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Does anyone know the best way to type an acute diacritic? Can I just use apostrophes because
code:
´
seems to work terribly.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

My first 40k product was battlefleet gothic. I was completely bewildered by the description of an empire where
a) planets are entirely specialized for product types. So one world produces all the food for the hundreds of billions of people on a second world.
But also b) It is literally impossible to construct a logistics chain because of the randomness of warp travel.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Froghammer posted:

The closest Orks get to philosophy is watching the same thing happen to a Khorne cult and be like, "yup, been there"

Psalm of Gork 1
“It do be like that.”

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Hipster Occultist posted:

Haha, no.

Its linguistic drift from Hospital, the Spitalians have a mostly unbroken lineage from doctors that blockaded themselves in a large hospital as the world ended.

Here I was assuming Marko just made a people group to spit on Italians.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

90s Cringe Rock posted:

I think you should have a read of the original Into the Odd afterwards, or the free sample of Electric Bastionland (which has the rules and some character types, just not the whole set and the world sections).

It is pretty funny to see Mecha_Face take the piss out of Into The Odd without having known it exists or that MausRitter cribs over half of it's rules from Into The Odd.

Edit: Like I think Mecha_Face admirably salvaged their review, but I'd also like to see someone review it in the context of whether it is a good adaption of Into The Odd. Personally, I was quite turned off by the tonal dissonance of cute mice using a ruleset as lethal as Int The Odd.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 4, 2021

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

OtspIII posted:

I remember liking the concept of Kobolds Ate My Baby in this way, although I don't remember how well that one holds up on a design and taste level.

It’s better from the standpoint that kobolds aren’t an analogue for real people, and thus it is generally not punching down at all. Except maybe in the depiction of rural villagers? The humor and game design are about equally terrible otherwise.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I have an unsupported theory that Zak’s only contribution to 5e after the consulting advice was edited down was that spells are organized in alphabetical order instead of the obviously more useful level order.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Ultiville posted:

I’ve long since discarded my books for it so I can’t check, but my strong recollection is that 3/3.5 did this too. At least in part because spells weren’t consistently the same level for different types of casters (like a spell might be level 3 for a wizard and 4 for a bard or whatever). I’ve never played or read the 5e books so I dunno if they kept that part but it seems pretty likely to me that they kept that order because 3/3.5 did it.

This is the case. Mechanically the alphabetical only issue is a consequence of having multiple partially overlapping spell lists, as it does not occur in 1st edition where weaker spell casters inherit the entire spell list of their base class, or in 4th edition where each class has a completely independent ‘spell’ list.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

I guess I wasn’t expecting the 18th century British naval combat game to contain rules for “Notice me, Senpai.”

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

But I gave them the slip because I was wearing an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

spider bethlehem posted:

The OP says :justpost: but I'm new at this. IC0N, the new game by Abaddon of Lancer and Kill Six BIllion Demons, is in playtest, and I'm interested in reviewing it as is and the revisiting the finished product. Is that cool or should I wait until it gets an official release?

I'm pretty positive on the game and it fixed the biggest problem I had with Lancer, so I'm eager to talk about it, but I don't want to jump the gun.

I’m specifically interested in hearing about this game, but it’s too dense for me to get my brain around, because I never got into Lancer. :justpost:

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Klaives! It's the knife that's also a glaive!

I'm being told that's an impossible combination.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

SpaceDrake posted:

Take it for what you will. But Sigil is absolutely, absolutely a metaphor for 90s TSR.

Does this imply that the factions are also parodies of employee attitudes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Making sure to distinguish between all members of a gender and a specific being that is seemingly omniscient and famous for sending people that displease her to an arbitrary inescapable hell dimension, seems like the opposite of pedantry.

Very publicly respecting the Lady of Pain's identity is being practical.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Nov 1, 2023