Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

Night10194 posted:

Yes, I would like all the regiment ideas. Much like with Feng Shui, part of the fun is that I can make whatever someone suggests.

Part of the 'fun' is that it might be flavorful but terrible.

The 117th Trellian Logistics Troop, a "regiment" of cooks, cleaners, labourers and other non-combatants who arrived on the front lines before the combat troops they were meant to support due to an administrative fuckup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose

Loxbourne posted:

This is almost certainly for some sort of tonal "you could die at any time AND THAT MAKES COMBAT MEANINGFUL AND THE SETTING PROPERLY GRIMDARK" reason. It's too deeply embedded in the system otherwise.

That and "well, that's how it works on the wargame, so that's how it should work in the RPG."

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
Smellrose

Night10194 posted:

I'm not kidding about the mono-task thing. In practice, units end up merging and making themselves into combined arms units in the field, but the Imperium is so loving terrified of Horus happening again that they try to make sure individual 3000-5000 soldier Regiments all only have the equipment to do their one thing.

And yet despite the traitor the Imperium's the most worried about being a Space Marine, Space Marines get to have combined arms units from light-ish infantry all the way up to starships, because of course they do.