Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009

Ratoslov posted:

Really, it's number 1 here that's bad. If they were merely hypocritical irredeemable dipshit thieves they'd just be annoying, but having them be Word Of God 'Good' and everyone knows it and anyone who kicks a kender for stealing their food is an Evil Person is just absolutely galling.

If you think this is bad, wait until you find out about the Word of God ‘Good’ slave-owning elves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009

Everyone posted:

No, they are in the source book. Though we might not be talking about the same source book. This is the one that I'm talking about.

Tinker gnomes are listed at page 21. The general gnomish race of Krynn and Mad Gnomes are on page 56.

Purple‘s review is of the Tales of the Lance boxed set published in 1992.

e: I played in a dragonlance campign for all of junior high & high school & the day the DM managed to get a copy of Dragonlance Adventures was the day anyone was at all interested in playing a tinker gnome.

Berkshire Hunts fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Nov 29, 2019

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009

wiegieman posted:

How are you supposed to say his made-up name? Is it Pang-loss or pan-gloss?

Because both are incredibly dumb.

Ask Voltaire

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009
I remember thinking at the time that blue rose was one of the better implementations of d20, mechanically speaking.

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009
The weightlessness feat sounds like they got rid of “grubbian” physics, which is a shame because I liked the weirdness of how gravity worked in 2e spelljammer. Not a downgrade as much as a sidegrade, I suppose.

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009

JcDent posted:

I know that "what does HP represent" in an unsolvable DnD mystery, but levels must be a close second. Lose levels if you change a good, which means that you... lose associated stat increases and abilities?

And then you're also limited how far you can advance because some guy already has the hierarchical position that comes with level 18? So you can't get smarter, stronger, more skilled until your superior buys it?

Do youth-as-levels draining ghosts also inhabit this edition?

I don’t think D&D had level-based stat increases until 3e. IIRC if you wanted to get smarter or stronger you had to read a Tome of Clear Thought or a Manual of Gainful Exercise or spend a bunch of wishes.

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009
Sighing forlornly at the “works with the fifth edition of the world’s best hamburger franchise!” label on this packet of ketchup

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009

Xiahou Dun posted:

So maybe don’t make up a religion that explicitly does that?

This is good advice for a few things in golarion

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009

JcDent posted:

I demand a Totally hosed Full-Body Conversion cyborg

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009
I notice they used a romanization of the Hebrew letter ר for the antichrist’s surname, but I don’t know if they were going for something with it.

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009

SimonChris posted:

Comics Cobra in particular is a fantastic source of inspiration for a Technocracy campaign:

This is great except that America would never cut defense spending

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berkshire Hunts
Nov 5, 2009

DalaranJ posted:

Klaives! It's the knife that's also a glaive!

I'm being told that's an impossible combination.

Maybe with that attitude