Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Has no-one covered Blades in the Dark in F&F? That blows my mind considering like, The Spire, a Blades-derivative, has an entry. Am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I learned Noblis at undergrad. My class was broken into five tables and graded on the composition of our collective story. :getin:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

The only thing more certain in SA tradgames than magechat is AW sexchat.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Heart delivering on the body horror, drat. The Cult of Knives also owns.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

God drat does Heart nail sympathetic, yet terrible things. The basilisk and minotaur are :discourse:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Err Didn’tc g c 🙃🧁 c. CFC Cfg h God[url=][/url][url]https://🌴[/url]trttrr.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Momp mmmmm

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Mmmmmmmmllmmmkmkmlmkk

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Re: seduction as a skill, my group stumbled on that in Godlike... which is by default a frontline WW2-with-superpowers game? What am I going to do, gently caress my CO to skip patrol duty?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Have the PC’s get recruited into the blood war, but in non-combatant positions. Can you survive a night cooking up HELL MREs and running them to the line? Cpl. Demon’s squad needs 200 units of winter boots stat, but the quartermaster refuses to issue them without signed signatures from each demon general with an apostrophe in their name. The demon parking lot needs to be policed of cigarette butts, but the demon roach colonies are going to be pissed you’re stealing their largest form of income.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Mild dogs also own.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

I'm on IRL year 3 of the Great Pendragon Campaign. Kill me.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Two knights and a druid. Though mostly because they helped Merlin steal like... a hundred babies and fake Arthur drawing the sword from the stone.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Because if you don't 13 fuckin' ride or die killers gonna show up to your manor thinking you banged their wives. :skeltal:

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

You know how this subforum argues endlessly about games with Intent? Capital I-Intent? Games that model nothing more or less than what they set out to do?

Red Markets is best in class, right there with Apocalypse World and Fiasco. I ran a two season, thirty session campaign, and I have to say, never have I experienced such joy as watching players get depressed about their child support IMMEDIATELY after their most successful zombie murder-heist ever.

Red Markets is sublime.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Just a few pages in the fluff section. The only other time it comes up is:
1. Bait paying you to do dangerous things for weird / pre-crash blight samples.
2. Loss doctor cults paying you do to dangerous things for weird / pre-crash blight samples.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Imagine oscar bait that everyone in your graduate program is dedicating their entire writing careers to reproducing, to the detriment of their identity, well-being, and ability to empathize with non-academy-writers. Everyone of your peers, your superiors (all veteran academics / authors in the genre), and every prestigious publisher, reviewer, or critic is saying you have to write like this.

It's not so much pretension as it is a genre horrifically fused with a subculture of literary elites.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Mors, the Infinity writeup rocks. I can't help but feel that the planetary write-up copy feels a little short on actual plot hooks for actual play tho. "this is the obligatory mining town, this is the obligatory counter-culture town, this is the center of education and technology"

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Mors Rattus posted:

Infinity RPG
Next time: Running the Trinomial

Man the Tohaa are easily the lamest part of the setting. God drat sexy benevolent space elves.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Also that werewolf’s culture is Big Macs and Rambo First Blood and you need to respect that.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Harkonnen please and thanks

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

my group got a copy of the d u n c and I'm excited to play, less excited to teach the whole thing while playing

thanks for the writeup

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Wait spell jammer, the space ship game, doesn't do space ship combat?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Oh drat, I did forget Wagadu was 5e. What a basic-rear end mechanical choice for such a cool setting.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

yeah gently caress 'em Mors, you were / are doing good work

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

PurpleXVI posted:

I feel like not allowing feedback would suck, and be kind of counter to what I enjoy about the forums, i.e. that people are pretty honest with each other.

I would hope that if I wrote something that was insanely boring or missing stuff that mattered to people, someone would pipe up and go "hey Purple tell me more about what the Visage's armor class is, I'd like to know more about them," "hey Purple you're forgetting that Orcus automatically wins this one because the players will get horny for his DILF bod" or "I disagree! I think this part is actually well written because when I play Planescape what I want to do more than anything is spend my time on Drow politics far away from the outer or inner planes."

let me try:

your posts justifying running mors off suck

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

those granular mage apartment rules blow. why would you ever break out an abacus when so much of that can be handed with in setup and plot. “your group shares a lovely air bnb that actually is a werewolf holy site with a bunch of people who get magic through orgies, this episode is whether you can convince them to put in magical sound proofing and to take out the trash”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Philip is a really fun character. “drat this ghost blow rocks but I got a rep to consider. Time to get completely professionally pantsed.”